Status
Not open for further replies.

Seatonnes

waiting for Marvel Rivals
Yeap, he went all the way to AL, beat Hancock and left without taking her DF which was the reason he went there personally
He literally beat hancock and wouldve beat rayleigh, they just made a negotiations for his crewmates back which is a much better situation then gaining 1 df

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
They wouldn't have Lunarian DNA without torturing King for it. Plus obtaining DNA from the Warlords without seemingly their consent doesn't sit well with me.
The Lunarian DNA was acquired decades before Fujitora though. Lol

And who said they acquired Warlord DNA at all? We have no idea what these things are.

I agree Kizaru does bitch slap old Rayleigh

The guy was having an asthma attack while Kizaru limited himself just to a light sword
One was bleeding other having said he was old and getting tired. In your dumb head kizaru wins, why didn't he continue fighting rayleigh after luffy escaped, he had pacifista sentomaru & rayleigh was all ALONE but instead he captured 500 nameless pirates. And they still know where rayleigh is & nobody bothers him even though kizaru says roger pirates sins are worse than any of the other pirates Explain moron.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
As for prime Ray vs current BB, I am not 100% sure prime Ray would win. "He thinks he can win" doesn't really convince me, after multiple scenarios like "Ace thinks he can revenge Thatch", or "Doffy thinks Vergo would beat Law's ass", or Big Mom thinks she wouldn't lose to Kidd and Law" or "King thinks he wouldn't lose to Zoro" etc.
Result can be different than someone's thinking.
This is where I bring up that Blackbeard shat his pants at the "Dark King" and ran away with his tail between his legs.

It's cope to argue that current Blackbeard stands a chance against Prime Rayleigh when he ran away from Old Rayleigh.

About the Blackbeard vs Old Rayleigh debate, difficult to debate properly until the scans are out(especially with the viz), but based on the infos we have thus far, after the conflict, we have

> Rayleigh admitting that he couldn't beat Blackbeard at his current age
> That things were been favorable for them
> Hancock was saved while Coby ended up captured

So whatever off-panel thing that happened leading to Coby's capture had nothing to do with a strength issue on Blackbeard's part. The favorable circumstances mentioned by Rayleigh is the key point here

With that said, obviously despite being old, Rayleigh is still a threat to top tiers
Viz translations are not Gospel
They translate stuff like they feel like sometimes

Anyway,
I wished Oda didn't offscreen how Teach came to agree to leave with just Coby

About the Blackbeard vs Old Rayleigh debate, difficult to debate properly until the scans are out(especially with the viz), but based on the infos we have thus far, after the conflict, we have

> Rayleigh admitting that he couldn't beat Blackbeard at his current age
> That things were been favorable for them
> Hancock was saved while Coby ended up captured

So whatever off-panel thing that happened leading to Coby's capture had nothing to do with a strength issue on Blackbeard's part. The favorable circumstances mentioned by Rayleigh is the key point here

With that said, obviously despite being old, Rayleigh is still a threat to top tiers
And somehow admiral wankers think its win for them and GB did better against shank's haki :kobeha:

Queen almost died from mere explosions and Lanji got packed by paper wall :suresure:
Jackpot one shots both :sanmoji:
-King had 3 tries vs Sanji who was distracted and he did not even scratch Sanji.
-King's attack which sent Zolo flying was only able to scratch Queen's asshole

King doesn't have the AP to injure them.

Garp's portrayal is clear

Add:

Roger: Regrettably, they will find the girl and kill her but Garp, the child that will be born bears no sin.
Roger: You and I have fought to the death 10s of times already haven't we!!?
Roger: If it's you Garp, I can trust you like I'd trust my comrades!!
Roger: Protect the child!!
Garp: Don't say something so selfish!!!
Roger: No, I'm sure you will protect the child for me......!!
Roger: I'm leaving my child in your care!!
+

"Back on God Valley, an island that no longer exists on the maps of today, the Rocks pirates were destroyed by the combined force of Garp and Roger. Perhaps one can say that with Roger gone, Garp is now Linlin's mortal enemy.
Garp is know for his many heroic legends, but the start of it all was the incident at God Valley."

I'm not discrediting anyone; it's the manga itself that is discrediting Garp.

1. The "countless death matches" is a wrong translation
  2. Koby was one of the two main forces that took out Wang Zhi; it's exactly analogous to the Rocky Port situation.

Koby teamed up with Blackbeard to defeat Wang Zhi; this doesn't mean as much as you're trying to make it out to be.

Complete nonsense.

Compare how Teach treated them. A newbie Gura Teach called Old Garp and Sengoku relics of a previous era and gleefully fought them head on.

A fully fledged Yonkou Teach ran away from Old Rayleigh by himself.

That's an immense gap in portrayal and it's delusional cope to pretend otherwise.
day and night potrayal, but agendas are collaiding (marine guy will never accept ray>garp):suresure:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Yes the same Rayleigh that comes to help against a week long attack from the navy. Unless ur creating some new nonsensical shit like Rayleigh can see weeks into the Future. He has no clue hancock or himself would be encountering a Yonko.
Umm what?
You realize that this chapter is essentially a continuation since we last saw Boa right? Essentially everything that happened this chapter has ALREADY happened a few weeks ago in inverse time right?
A new flashback begins, it takes place during Marines' attack a few weeks ago. Marines manage to break down the city gateway, but Kuja counterattacks. Marines then order to dispatch the new Pacifistas called "Seraphim” to the frontline and order to activate the recording cameras too. Vice Admiral Yamakaji says there's no sight of Hancock yet.
Dnt u need to ask something a first time, to ask again? There are a few reasons I can provide, but whats important is it’s not, because of a character that openly admits he can’t actually beat teach.
100% because of that character.

Because if that character did not come, there's no reason for Teach to walk away empty handed when he literally came to the Island knowing how Hax the fruit is and to take it.

Old Rayleigh coming singlehandedly saved Hancock's life, when Hancock herself was "choke-diff" material for Teach.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Bro it proves current BB > Old ray who has better COO and better understanding of powerlevel. The shanks - GB interaction gives benefit to Shanks and not GB
That's not the point here. No one in their right mind thinks Old Rayleigh beats Blackbeard—almost everyone agrees the old legends are the weakest of the top tiers. And a good deal of the community puts Shanks over most admirals not named Akainu. The problem is with people seeing similar things with different magnifying glasses. It's about how people treat GB's retreat vs BB's retreat. Both have good reasons to back off but certain fandom things only one of them deserves to be bashed for allegedly running.

He literally beat hancock and wouldve beat rayleigh, they just made a negotiations for his crewmates back which is a much better situation then gaining 1 df
Sure. Why didnt they attack him after Boa set them free if he could beat him so easily ? The answear is simple, because he knows he cannot take old Ray out without high diff best case.

Lmfao cry more he sailed all the way round the world for that fruit he knows what it can do
Did he think she was gonna give it to him for free
Lmao Rayleigh fans are so diluted, y’all honestly think shanks fans find Rayleigh doing something vastly inferior or at best similar to shanks. would bring us to tears. Lol Rayleigh the right hand of the pirate himself, an shank constantly looking like his superior. Despite being a suppose 1 arm has been

He didn’t know about mini mihawk, an Rayleigh involvement. Nor that his crew members would all fall victim to boa hax. Rayleigh still pull of a real deal type feat regardless. No hate on my part, the shanks comparison y’all only problem. Shanks objectively look superior to Rayleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.