Status
Not open for further replies.
Puckthegreat Who lives in Tokyo, translates spoiler scans when out translated It and It Is the right One.
I've seen others translate it and it's "tried to kill" at best lol.

And Viz translates it as otherwise, too.

Gotta get text-to-text translation with romanji to stick to what you're saying.

About the Blackbeard vs Old Rayleigh debate, difficult to debate properly until the scans are out(especially with the viz), but based on the infos we have thus far, after the conflict, we have

> Rayleigh admitting that he couldn't beat Blackbeard at his current age
> That things were been favorable for them
> Hancock was saved while Coby ended up captured

So whatever off-panel thing that happened leading to Coby's capture had nothing to do with a strength issue on Blackbeard's part. The favorable circumstances mentioned by Rayleigh is the key point here

With that said, obviously despite being old, Rayleigh is still a threat to top tiers
Yeah, but lets not sleep on the fact that Boa's DF is broken

Blackbeard would need to sacrifice more than what he was willing to in order to get the DF, and he actually considered being turned into stone as a possibility.

He is a pirate, i mean, he is THE pirate, his decisions are all based on things that he thinks will benefit him rather than the opposite.

:josad:

BM mortal enemies : Kaido, WB, Shiki, Garp
Kaido top 5 who can fight him : Oden, Xebec, Roger, WB, Shanks
WB when seeing Oden, compares him to Rocks pirates. WB hypes Kaido and avoids fighting Kaido & BM many times. He respects Garp and Sengoku strength

Even tho Ray fought at God valley.. they didn't hype him at all.

This is where I bring up that Blackbeard shat his pants at the "Dark King" and ran away with his tail between his legs.

It's cope to argue that current Blackbeard stands a chance against Prime Rayleigh when he ran away from Old Rayleigh.
Yeah, exaggerating as usual.

Blackbeard already considering the scenario of letting Hancock go, even before Rayleigh came.
Teach: "Do you really think if I let her go... she's going to be nice and turn everyone back to normal?"

Koby: "If she doesn't turn the soldiers back to normal... It will be a big problem. Hah... Hah..."

Hancock: "I will do it if you all leave the island...!! Ugh."

Teach squeezes Hancock's neck tighter.

Teach: "And... that is a lie!! The moment I let you go, you will turn us into stone. And that will be our end, right? To be honest, I think there's no way a man can't be affected by your powers. It's a difficult situation... So I think I should just kill you."
He just wasn't sure Hancock would actually turn his mates back even if he let her go.

Then Rayleigh came to guarantee it.
Rayleigh coming is surely a factor, but it is not like Blackbeard ran away just because old Rayleigh came.

- he already considered of letting Hancock go with returning his petrified crewmates as exchange (not sure if he will keep his word though, and sure, Rayleigh being here guarantees he keeps his words)
- before leaving, he got his request fulfilled: curing petrified mates
- Rayleigh is biggest factor, but there is also Shakky the former Kuja Queen, Hancock who is still alive, and 2 SSG whose power shocked Teach before.

So it is not like "old Rayleigh alone made Blackbeard run away like bitch".

Blackbeard isnt fast, he is fat and slow, he couldnt do a sneak attack
Decide man, why did he retreat ? You said that Boa wold turn them to stone, but you contradict yourself that he cant sneak attack her so he could easily take her out in a fair battle, tbh idc This leaves the only possible scenario that BB knew old Ray is nothing less than a high diff fight best case so he left empy handed.

Status
Not open for further replies.