Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Avg chapter imo, i dont dislike it but not much happened. Qin soldiers eating to heart content, Kanyou Court reactn but not what we have been waiting for, Riboku part and Tou entry.
Maybe spoilers spoiled the chapter bit for me.

So it seems Riboku is permanently out of picture? Is Hara going to take away Shin vs Riboku battle from us, after hyping it so much in the past? I hope not,

And like Riboku guessed Gyou will also send in Reinforcements, the Bandits to aid Tou against Retsubi Zhou forces. They didn't got much action anyway so far in this arc.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
It is great to have Tou back ! This is always nice to see him.

But yeah Zhao is doomed with Riboku in jail. To have Riboku killed will be a shame without seeing all his abilities. On one hand I don't like it because I wanted to see Riboku going all out, and on the other hand it is good because it is realistic : sometimes bad rulers can make you loose, and exceptional individuals die too early.

This confirm that Ko Chou even if he is strong (I hope he is somewhat a good threat and not just empty hype) won't be enough.

Got a whole lot to say about the chapter so let's get start!

1. "Best food ever tasted", this is also a compliment to Qi's spices and stuff, but the fact they worked so hard and starved themselves to death that even that simple food tastes like it's the best for them, a connection back to what this story with Shin:

2. My guy Chef Ryuuyuu back to puttin in work, letss goo ahaha. That panel was great to see man.
From-
\

To:

3. Karyo Ten's inexperience & young age, I thought this was a really nice panel that to remind Ten's inexperience in battles compared to Shin and others. Like she intellectually can compete with any of Qin's youth (mouten included), but she ain't got that experience. But also the fact that Ten is much younger than these other dudes. Really liked it bruhs. Can't wait for the Shin-Ten-Sei reunion man.

4. The squad babbbyyy! (though some were off-paneled)

----------------

AND SO IT FUCKING STARTS. The downfall of the GOAT of the series. I was truly wondering if Hara would be able to end the war while maintaining Riboku a huge threat for the 2nd Zhao campaign, and i'll be damned he did. He's not essentially established that he knew the steps that would take place were Qin to try and conquer them, and had countermeasures for these plans as well (now that he knew the full abilities of Ousen/Shin/YTW/etc, there would be no surprises here). People before this campaign were going "Yo Riboku so overhyped, mans done nothing" "he's an alright strategist, Kanki/Ousen better" "Just good at political campaigns".. Hara's like.. nahh bruhs chill this mf is the GOAT of strategy period, whether it's battlefield or overall campaign or politics..

"The most dangerous man in all of China, Riboku" - OG Renpa
"The biggest obstacle in Qin's unification, Riboku" - Qi King

Story of Riboku has been a great story to read. I don't care if people find Riboku overrated, that's their issue. But this mf is top 5 villain of all time in manga. Can't hate him (cause he's too good of a guy), Can't root for him (cause he's going against the main homie), all you can do is appreciate his greatness. And this chapter bro.. like damn can't help but feel sad for the guy.

----------

LAST BUT NOT LEAST. I SAW THIS SHIT BROO

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
A great chapter! I truly felt the hype that the Qin court felt from the miracle achieved by the Qin Army.

Man, truly and sincerely, fuck the Zhao court. I hope the King and his close men get paraded through the streets when Kantan falls. Only a court so horrifically incompetent could utterly waste the potential of Riboku, who is China’s greatest General Right now.

Well, it was nice knowing you Kochou lol. Tou Sama is about to body you before anyone else gets a chance lol.

Last edited:
The chapter was good 7/10.
And i like that Riboku has a counter to every move that Qin makes and I really hope he can get out of this and overthrow the pedophile King it would be such a waste if Riboku vs Shin didn't happen and also his death would make Zhao a joke i don't care how good Ko chou is Shibasou is not fighting for this fucker and Ko chou alone would get bodied by the goats of Qin.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
You know guys, hear me out, because I was pondering this while I was in the shower.

We all seem to be of the opinion that Tou is going to win against Kochou here, and rightfully so, Tou is one of the absolute strongest Generals in this Manga and Kochou, while he's got some insane hype, we seem to be pretty sure that he's overall going to be weaker than the 6GG and the Great Heavens, whom Tou is comparable to.

However, it seems almost too obvious that Tou is going to win this. We know so little of Kochou and so much of Tou that betting on Tou seems to be like the really safe bet but..what if Hara understands this and wants his readers to be betting on Tou, so that he can ultimately shock us with how powerful Kochou is?

Hear me out: What if Kochou is actually stronger than the likes of Rinshoujou and Renpa, overall? What if the only reason Kochou never became a Great Heaven is because the Zhou court considered him to be their strongest General, and refused to allow him to die on the battlefield, instead selfishly keeping him in the Zhou Capital and using riches and status to entice him into not wanting to be a Great Heaven at all?

Or even, what if Kochou never wanted to be a Great Heaven, and his abilities were so great that the Zhou Court gave him the role of the Guardian of Kantan? Kinda like Shouheikun, who's abilities were Great General level but he was promoted above that rank without ever holding it?

What if, and I know this is about to catch some people off guard because it is a pretty radical idea, what if Kochou is actually a stronger General than Riboku? If you guys know anything about Riboku's past, you'll know that

the Zhou Court initially considered him a coward and essentially promoted him to Three Great Heavens because all the Generals they preferred over Riboku kept getting slaughtered by the XiongNu (lol), and when they finally sent Riboku to face the XiongNu out of reluctance/having no one else left to fight them, Riboku utterly destroyed them.

So what if Kochou was always the strongest Zhao General, but the Zhou Court refused to lose him and selfishly kept him inside Kantan, as their ultimate defense? It would be characteristically stupid and selfish of them to do so, right? It would be pretty easy for them to bribe someone like Kochou into having no interest in the Great Heavens rank and instead living a life of luxury and safety in the Zhao Capital.

So what if the General that Tou is about to go up against, is the strongest that Zhao has to offer? I'm not completely sold on this idea yet as I'm not sure what the overall purpose of making Kochou so damn strong would be (a "surpassing his master" moment for Tou?) but I think it's interesting to speculate on things that we aren't expecting lol.

Thoughts?

@Owl Ki @Blackbeard @Patryipe @Xione @Arara @Yo Tan Wa @Bullet @RayanOO @Perun

You know guys, hear me out, because I was pondering this while I was in the shower.

We all seem to be of the opinion that Tou is going to win against Kochou here, and rightfully so, Tou is one of the absolute strongest Generals in this Manga and Kochou, while he's got some insane hype, we seem to be pretty sure that he's overall going to be weaker than the 6GG and the Great Heavens, whom Tou is comparable to.

However, it seems almost too obvious that Tou is going to win this. We know so little of Kochou and so much of Tou that betting on Tou seems to be like the really safe bet but..what if Hara understands this and wants his readers to be betting on Tou, so that he can ultimately shock us with how powerful Kochou is?

Hear me out: What if Kochou is actually stronger than the likes of Rinshoujou and Renpa, overall? What if the only reason Kochou never became a Great Heaven is because the Zhou court considered him to be their strongest General, and refused to allow him to die on the battlefield, instead selfishly keeping him in the Zhou Capital and using riches and status to entice him into not wanting to be a Great Heaven at all?

Or even, what if Kochou never wanted to be a Great Heaven, and his abilities were so great that the Zhou Court gave him the role of the Guardian of Kantan? Kinda like Shouheikun, who's abilities were Great General level but he was promoted above that rank without ever holding it?

What if, and I know this is about to catch some people off guard because it is a pretty radical idea, what if Kochou is actually a stronger General than Riboku? If you guys know anything about Riboku's past, you'll know that

the Zhou Court initially considered him a coward and essentially promoted him to Three Great Heavens because all the Generals they preferred over Riboku kept getting slaughtered by the XiongNu (lol), and when they finally sent Riboku to face the XiongNu out of reluctance/having no one else left to fight them, Riboku utterly destroyed them.

So what if Kochou was always the strongest Zhao General, but the Zhou Court refused to lose him and selfishly kept him inside Kantan, as their ultimate defense? It would be characteristically stupid and selfish of them to do so, right? It would be pretty easy for them to bribe someone like Kochou into having no interest in the Great Heavens rank and instead living a life of luxury and safety in the Zhao Capital.

So what if the General that Tou is about to go up against, is the strongest that Zhao has to offer? I'm not completely sold on this idea yet as I'm not sure what the overall purpose of making Kochou so damn strong would be (a "surpassing his master" moment for Tou?) but I think it's interesting to speculate on things that we aren't expecting lol.

Thoughts?

Damn, that certainly would take me completely off guard. Lol. It does make quite a bit of sense. I could certainly see the Zhao Court doing such a thing and it would explain why a man with such a title as “The Guardian Diety of the Capital” only holds the rank of General. :kizabat:

It would also provide Zhao the ability to still give Qin a challenge between Kochou, Shibashou and Riboku. I do expect at least one former subordinate of Zhao’s Great Heaven Chou Sha to also make an appearance at some point, probably as an obstacle to Shin.

Thoughts?

Nah,I don't think he is better overall general then Tou,but his city defense will be pain in the ass to solve given that he is called the guardian deity of Kantan.He is probably the best general after Riboku and Shibashou currently in Zhao.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Nah,I don't think he is better overall general then Tou,but his city defense will be pain in the ass to solve given that he is called the guardian deity of Kantan.He is probably the best general after Riboku and Shibashou currently in Zhao.
I think that's the safe bet but like I said, it's too safe lol. I think there's a 90% chance things will end up like you said, Kochou being weaker than Riboku and Shibasou but the next best thing. I just think it'd be much more interesting if we found out that he was in fact that hype lol.

I do expect at least one former subordinate of Zhao’s Great Heaven Chou Sha to also make an appearance at some point, probably as an obstacle to Shin.
Well, I don't want to spoil anything historically about Chou Sa but I have an idea of what we will learn about him lol. And I don't think we'll really learn anything about him until far later but it's possible that we might see another Gyou'Un esque general, IE the right hand of an old Zhao Legend or something like that.

overthrow the pedophile King it would be such a waste if Riboku vs Shin didn't happen and also his death would make Zhao a joke i don't care how good Ko chou is Shibasou is not fighting for this fucker and Ko chou alone would get bodied by the goats of Qin.
I also think he will return one more time he has to, we still don't even know his physical might, how strong he is and his battle with Shin is also many are lookin fwd to. But after this chapter, dunnno, the impression i got was he was done for, and tbh i won't mind it as much, since it's great exit for a GOAT character like Ribobu, him still opposing Qin in their Zhou compaign would have reflected badly on him, if it continued anymore.

what if Kochou is actually a stronger General than Riboku?
That is honestly not possible. I mean we all know how Great a General Riboku was, both as setup in the Manga and historically. He is hyped to be Greatest General in Kingdom right now.

I mean i am not opposing Ko Chou being strong, i am damn sure he will be, even at GG lvl since his name also appeared historically bt Hara can't just create a character even greater than Riboku at such moments(not at Riboku lvl), Riboku had been hyped since Ouki battle and Ko chou just appeared few chapters back.

Plus, Hara is already implying if Riboku had been not captured he wouldn't hav3 allowed Qin to conquer Zhou, while Ko Chou won't be able to stop that. Neither he predicted any of these Qin movements or ploys, which automatically makes him inferior to Riboku.

Tho i would agree, Zhou King selfishness is at a lvl that he wouldn't allow Ko Chou to go to battle. And leave his city unguarded and he would also do so with one of the Greatest Generals of Zhou. But like i said, Riboku is a GOAT character in comparison, only few of his calibre in the Entire China at that time period.

Thoughts?

I have nothing against him being 3GH level but he will never be above Riboku who has been a major antagonist for the past + 400 chapters and i expect him to either beat or stall Tou for a long time i even said that Tou will be used as a hypetoll for him in the spoiler thread there is a reason that Ousen asked for half a year worth of supplies they will be stuck in the city for a couple month atleast but again Ko chou is not enough to defend Kantan when the next campaign comes i just don't see him being a threat to Ousen, Kanki and Ytw if the gang stays the same but if Riboku survives and Shibashu joins it makes for an intense last battle.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Hara can't just create a character even greater than Riboku at such moments(not at Riboku lvl), Riboku had been hyped since Ouki battle and Ko chou just appeared few chapters back.
I disagree with this. Hara made Ouki one of the all time GOATS in Kingdom despite the fact that the real life Ouki was pretty much a joke in comparison to people like Haku Ki and Renpa. Yet in the Kingdom manga, Ouki is on par with both, and you could make the case that he actually grew to be greater than both.

Hara has also taken real life politicians and turned them into Great Generals in his manga, there are two examples I can name off this but I’ll leave that vague for now.

“Greatness” is a question of achievements. Riboku has achieved more than Kochou due to Kochou being held up in the Zhao capital, but this doesn’t automatically mean Kochou can’t secretly be stronger than him and the rest of China simply doesn’t know it/will never find out. The Zhao capital sure seems to think more highly of Kochou than Riboku, though like I said, this is because they think of Riboku’s tactics as being cowardly.

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way

Thoughts?

Ko Chou has one mighty title that's fore sure and he is certainly strong. At worst he is HK or Gyou'un. But I expect him to be GG level and Tou level.

Things that can lead us to think he won't be a huge huge threat : his design, I find his design pretty common and simple. His entrance : the guy appeared out of nowhere at Retsubi, no big entrance, no big speech etc. For now except his title nobody has hyped him at all : nobody told anything about his might, his military prowess, his fame etc (except if I have forgotten something).

Riboku also seems to think that he is not enough and only himself can really help and save Zhao. I have a hard time believing that Riboku would have said the same thing if Renpa/Ouki or even more someone even stronger than them was there. For exemple if Haku Ki or Gaku Ki were there I think Riboku would have shown more confidence.

But objectively even if Ko Chou is great general level (Renpa ouki etc) against Tou army, and maybe Yo tan Ma army or maybe even Ousen everyone would have had difficulties or even lost. And Retsubi is not really difficult to take and really difficult to defend.

Secondly we just have really big battle I don't think we will have another big battle of 30+ chapters etc. I think Tou army will be stalled by Ko Chou because Ko Chou will be good, maybe Ko Chou will have his hype moment fighting on even ground with Tou or killing Rukoumi and then YTW or Ousen or Kanki will come and Ko Chou will be doomed and they will retreat to Katan.

I don't think we will see Ko Chou full might until Katan fall.

I don't see the point story wise to have a greater genuis than Riboku to appear : because if he is that strong I don't see the point to have hide him since the beginning, while Riboku was always said to be the most dangerous guy. And if Tou kills a guy that strong (stronger than great general) it will be a bit too much for him.

Everything can happen but I wouldn't bet on Ko Chou to be the greatest general of Zhao.

KoCHou getting wrecked, Retsubi already weak at defense, Tou army should be able to claim it themselves let alone Yo Tan Wa coming from the Mountains and Kanki coming from Gyou.

Shit Riboku would get wrecked in this situation. Also we've been on the Zhao invasion campaign for almost 200 Chapters. No way kochou posses a REAL threat. Minor hurdle maybe.

Still think somehow Riboku survives. Maybe Shi Ba Shou breaks him out of Jail. I dont see Riboku dying by beheading. I also dont think Shin ever gets to fight him haha. Maybe he joins the Qin army and Ousen finally betrays Sei to lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.