One Piece Chapter 1060 "Luffy's Dream"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
...motherFUCKER MOTHERFUCKING FUCK. THAT WAS THE LAST, UTTER, FUCKING STRAW FOR ME. I FOUGHT FOR CARROT4NAKAMA. I FUCKING LOST FRIENDS FOR HER. I WORE THE BUNNY EARS IRL. I HAD FAITH. I HAD FAITH IN YOU, YOU FUCKING BASTARD. YOU SHATTERED EVERYTHING. I WAS ONE OF THE MOST LOYAL ONE PIECE FOLLOWERS. I MANAGED TO GET DOZENS OF PEOPLE PEOPLE INTO IT. AND THIS IS HOW YOU THANK ME AFTER 6 YEARS WORTH OF PATIENCE TO FINALLY SEE CARROT JOIN THE CREW? FUCKING HELL, FUCK YOU, ODA. FUCK YOU. YOU AND YOUR SHITTY FUCKING LITTLE MANGA. YOU LYING SACK OF SHIT! I HANG THE THE GLORIOUS NOX PIRATE FLAG OVER MY BED, AND MY GOD I WILL NOT GIVE IN. YOU LITERALLY WOULD HAVE TO CLAW IT FROM MY COLD, DEAD FUCKING BODY. I WILL DENY, DENY, DENY WHAT YOU JUST DID! YOU'RE AS GOOD AS DEAD TO ME! YOU TRAITOROUS OLD FUCK! FUCK CARIBOU. FUCK BARRELS. FUCK NAITO. FUCK ODA. FUCK WANO. FUCKING GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING - BLAND, HELL-BOUND, BROKEN, DISGUSTING AND WASTING PANELS FOR SUBVERTING EXPECTATIONS !
I know that it feels bad, after so much time spent with Carrot, to have her out of the story, without even a conclusive ending to her story seems odd ad poorly executed by Odas part, not only that but he made it seem as if Carrot could of been stowaway in the Sunny, but chapter after chapter made it seem less likely to happen.

Even after this chapter, I still have some hopes that she will appear, not as big as back in 1056-1059, but still some hope. The reason is something I pointed out in my first message in the forum, which was the parallel with Neko and Inu of not showing for 3 days, when Oden went with Whitebeard.

I won't bring up the barrel thing, since I feel as that didn't make sense, ever since it was brought up, specially when Caribou was going to go with the Strawhats, and if you paid attention Luffy did tell him that they'll let him have a ride way back in Act 2 of Wano.

So in this chapter we did see that the Strawhats were still with the same clothes as when they left Wano, meaning that not even a day passed. After it is said that "a few days have passed", a few usually is 2 days, meaning that if we are going to take into account the parallel, then at some point she could pop out of nowhere, specially because not even the Whitebeard Pirates knew were Neko and Inu were for 3 days, despite only being in the boat, so is not that odd to think Strawhats wouldn't do the same.

I know it might be a stretch and that some people might be bored with the constant "Carrot is in a barrel" or "She will appear in the Sunny", but even so I still have some slim hopes of this happening.

If Oda ends up just giving her an inconclusive ending and never brings it up, I might be dissapointed, now just not because of her not being a Nakama, but because she got a terrible send off.

Anyways if she were to appear, I'm not sure if it would be next chapter since we just gotten a cliffhanger with Bonney, meaning that she might be the focus of next chapter, therefore maybe the following chapter to 1061 or simply after 1061.

Sorry if I bored you guys with my expectations and hopes for Carrot, I know it might be boring to hear it all weeks with the release of a new chapter.

What an amazing chapter. The crew dynamic was hilarious, amd the depth between Luffy and Zoro as Captain and Vice Captain is unmatched by anyone except for Nami (in relation to Luffy).

Speaking of Nami, damn did she have a face of a woman in love in that panel after Luffy told them his dream. Oda stays on top of LuNa!

Given that Bonney was at the Reverie, it looks like this next arc is going to be very WG heavy. The scene with the eddy was epicly drawn and a small example of why Oda is the best at world building.

And lastly, hope that island had collision insurance. Crazy how it was completely eradicated. Sabo's not dead, but I wondee how he made it.

Lastly, Oda topped it off with Luffy and Nami on the throne again like King and Queen. Great chapter with a great colorspread. Can't wait for the next one.
:choppawhat:

Chapter wasn't the massive reveal you would expect with TCB warning people to avoid spoilers, but I still really enjoyed it. It's been a while since we had a lot of banter between the crew.

As a big supporter of the "Luffy will destroy the Red Line to unite the world in one piece and create the All Blue" theory, I really hope that his dream was to tear down the Red Line. But I don't know if he would have even been aware of the Red Line as a child? Who knows, but it was a good tease

Additional note: RIP Carrot for Nakama. The fucking barrel we got was Caribou's oh my god. Is that why the leakers said it was a 10/10 for barrel enjoyers? catded

I've always loved Bonney though so I love to see she's back into the story. Let the Bonney 4 Nakama theories begin

Last edited: