Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, if I had to guess how this arc will go, I would say that if Vegapunk is truly that girl then she is used by the WG against her will (maybe some blackmail against her family or something like that), she will befriend Luffy who will later on promise to save her. Later on Luffy or Sanji will get owned by a seraphim (it's always one of the 2 that is used for hype), final battle comes, Luffy defeats whoever enemy that held Vegapunk prisoner and asks her to choose what life she wants to live and tells her he will protect her and everybody that might be under the threat of WG.
She decides to stop working with WG and helps others with her science.
Also the straw hats somehow learn the location of the last poneglyph and goes after it next.
End of the short arc.

Alright, if I had to guess how this arc will go, I would say that if Vegapunk is truly that girl then she is used by the WG against her will (maybe some blackmail against her family or something like that), she will befriend Luffy who will later on promise to save her. Later on Luffy or Sanji will get owned by a seraphim (it's always one of the 2 that is used for hype), final battle comes, Luffy defeats whoever enemy that held Vegapunk prisoner and asks her to choose what life she wants to live and tells her he will protect her and everybody that might be under the threat of WG.
She decides to stop working with WG and helps others with her science.
Also the straw hats somehow learn the location of the last poneglyph and goes after it next.
End of the short arc.
Vegapunk has already been called an old man by several people. Plus, he was part of MADS decades ago with Judge and Queen

If it sounds better, then you can bet Oda won't do it.
Yeah I am a better and more creative writer than Oda.

We can also infinitely improve the interaction between Luffy and Zoro where Zoro already made sense but it can be better.

Instead of telling Luffy "Remember you trust Ace, now trust Vivi too she's a strong woman" we can have Zoro roast Luffy and say "Remember you acted like an idiot and jumped in saving Ace without a plan and you failed to save Ace. do you want to jump to Mary Jois without a plan now and get Vivi killed too?"

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
She did become stronger by mastering Haki before half of the Straw Hats. She went up in ranks, and mastered a power only known to Vice Admirals. Monet was strong enough to slow down Luffy, and she was one of the highest ranking officers of Doflamingo. I think it would not make any sense to keep Tashigi weak when we are reaching the finale, and it would go against the message of the series of improving, and becoming better.

@KiriNigiri

I think power is essential in the One Piece verse as well in the real world. Tashigi wants to challenge Zoro because deep down she admires his strength, and courage. No one respects a weak person. There is a reason why people have endless discussions who is the strongest character in the series. Oda set up specific ranking systems for pirates, and marines. In real life, we also have endless debates about who is the best athlete, who is the Goat, who is the most beautiful woman, who is the most handsome man, the best films, the most powerful country, and so on. Life is nonstop competition. The reason why there are fans not shipping Zoro and Tashigi is because they deem she is not good or strong enough. Imho, this is the last opportunity for her to shine and shut up her haters once and for all. I think it all depends on how Oda chooses to solve the Kuina and Tashigi connection.
No one strong needs to seek approval. It will come in time if you truly are. If there are readers who still consider Tashigi weak after a proper pay off, it's on them. I'm more concerned if Oda can provide her a satisfying conclusion to her dream and her character.

I'm all for Schadenfreude when it presents itself, but I don't want to dwell on that every day, waiting for the opportunity to say "gotcha" to all Tashigi's desenters. I prefer to be positive during recreational periods and more concerned about how I feel about a particular piece.

But as I said, when the Captain proves her naysayers wrong, I'll be there to rub in their faces. In good fun, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.