Speculations Blackbeard, Kid the Punk, and Egghead Island

Are Franky and Kid Vegapunk's children?

• I posted this shit this early into the break week?!?!?

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Franky is, but not Kid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kid if, but not Franky

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rob Lucci for Nakama. Vivi x Lucci Forever
So, I was thinking about how Sword is going to deal with Blackbeard. It didn't seem like Prince had any interest in going after Blackbeard at the moment. Then, I thought of what Blackbeard would do in this current situation.

Hachinosu is nearby Egghead Island, and Blackbeard has captured Koby. Blackbeard has access to Laffitte, a hypnotist known for being a sadistic sheriff. Meaning, Blackbeard can easily interrogate Koby to get secrets about the Seraphim. If Blackbeard knows the WG is cloning Warlords, he's not going to just let it happen, that's a MAJOR threat to him. You can tell Mini-Mihawk had BB worried.

Blackbeard has the most destructive Fruit in the series, the Gura Gura no Mi: once Laffitte interrogates Koby and learns Egghead's layout, Blackbeard can easily invade Egghead and destroy the facilities that produce Seraphim.

However, I think someone else will show up first: Captain Eustass Kid. Out of all the Supernova, no one is more compatible with Vegapunk.

Both love giant robots and technology
Both are "Punks" with Kid literally adding "Punk" to his attack names
Kid's Awakening happened last arc.

I think Kid bit off more than he could chew again, and attacked Blackbeard, only to get smacked and flee to Egghead. I was always pissed Kid and Franky didn't have any interactions, I mean just look at them around the same age:

Maybe Oda was saving Kid and Franky to interact in this arc?!?

Listen, I'm not saying it's going to happen.

But Franky and Kid are totally Vegapunk's kids. This explains why they both love building machinery so much. Franky and Vegapunk both love Cyborgs, clearly. We've wondered about Franky's parents for a long time... welp, here we go. Franky and Kid are both from the South Blue, too. Also... Kid, the Punk. As in, VegaPUNK's Kid? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Time for Franky and Kid to defend their father (mother?) from Blackbeard by building a giant robot together.
:fransuper::fransuper::fransuper::fransuper::fransuper:
:kidwat::kidwat:

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
So, I was thinking about how Sword is going to deal with Blackbeard. It didn't seem like Prince had any interest in going after Blackbeard at the moment. Then, I thought of what Blackbeard would do in this current situation.

Hachinosu is nearby Egghead Island, and Blackbeard has captured Koby. Blackbeard has access to Laffitte, a hypnotist known for being a sadistic sheriff. Meaning, Blackbeard can easily interrogate Koby to get secrets about the Seraphim. If Blackbeard knows the WG is cloning Warlords, he's not going to just let it happen, that's a MAJOR threat to him. You can tell Mini-Mihawk had BB worried.

Blackbeard has the most destructive Fruit in the series, the Gura Gura no Mi: once Laffitte interrogates Koby and learns Egghead's layout, Blackbeard can easily invade Egghead and destroy the facilities that produce Seraphim.

However, I think someone else will show up first: Captain Eustass Kid. Out of all the Supernova, no one is more compatible with Vegapunk.

I think Kid bit off more than he could chew again, and attacked Blackbeard, only to get smacked and flee to Egghead. I was always pissed Kid and Franky didn't have any interactions, I mean just look at them around the same age:

But Franky and Kid are totally Vegapunk's kids. This explains why they both love building machinery so much. Franky and Vegapunk both love Cyborgs, clearly. We've wondered about Franky's parents for a long time... welp, here we go. Franky and Kid are both from the South Blue, too. Also... Kid, the Punk. As in, VegaPUNK's Kid? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Time for Franky and Kid to defend their father (mother?) from Blackbeard by building a giant robot together.
Nice idea, really. I think more about it and will post something to it later again!

Not happening,but Kid and BB showing up would be a nice twist.Also add Kizaru and Sentomaru for extra chaos.

Last edited:
Franky is definitely going to play a big role in this new arc. Hoping Franky gets a cool upgrade to keep up with his crewmembers.
As for Kidd, I think he discovered some of Vegapunk's old tech in his childhood and that's what led to his love for machines. This might set up the first real encounter of Luffy and Blackbeard in the New World where BB provides a reality check to Luffy who has grown a tad overconfident with Gear Fifth. I also say it might shine a light on BB's origins because some theories have speculated that Teach might be a failed Vegapunk experiment.

Franky is definitely going to play a big role in this new arc. Hoping Franky gets a cool upgrade to keep up with his crewmembers.
As for Kidd, I think he discovered some of Vegapunk's old tech in his childhood and that's what led to his love for machines. This might set up the first real encounter of Luffy and Blackbeard in the New World where BB provides a reality check to Luffy who has grown a tad overconfident with Gear Fifth. I also say it might shine a light on BB's origins because some theories have speculated that Teach might be a failed Vegapunk experiment.
I'm hoping for Franky backstory, upgrades, and cool Vegapunk moments.

Really interested to see what Kid's backstory looks like, and why he loves tech. It would make sense that he looked up to Vegapunk. Kid could either hate Vegapunk for joining the government, or want to save him from the WG.

I agree, soon Blackbeard is going to smack Luffy around to set him up as the big bad in the race for Laugh Tale.

Which L are you talking about? Man Reading three pieces
Yeah, I want Blackbeard to get some bigger wins, but Amazon Lilly was good for him.

Wrecked the Marines, had Boa on the ropes, and managed to kidnap a Sword operative, Koby, who can be hypnotized by Laffitte to reveal Marine secrets.

And you had Rayleigh talking up Blackbeard. People are just discounting what BB did because Koby gets no respect here.