Powers & Abilities Debunking Literally Every Argument Against Ryokugyu’s Black Blade

Does Ryokugyu Have A Black Blade?

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
"What is the point of Oda drawing almost a dozen panels of Yamato declaring she wants to set sail and joins Luffy, naturally leading his reader to assume she is the next nakama only to have the actual story be that she is staying in Wano"

It has the same vibe. If in the unfortunate event Green Bull doesn't actually have Black Blade, this Oda's "baiting move" has precedent before, with Yamato.
Not even remotely comparable. Yamato becoming a Straw Hat was always extremely stupid. I’m not going to get into Yamato now, maybe later but IMO anyone who ever took Yamato joining the Straw Hats seriously should re-evaluate their entire life’s philosophy lol.

On another note, have you seen this type of Zorobros?
They don't want GB to have Black Blade because the more rare an item is, the more special black blade is.
Luffy is Oda's main character. Nami is Oda's wife personification. Zoro is Oda's favorite character.

If Luffy gets special treatment by having super rare ability named VoAT (only 4 known users, 2 of them alive), then Zoro should get special treatment by having super rare Black Blade (only Ryuuma and Mihawk).
I have never seen this argument, maybe I’ll give it a legit response because this is one of the more egregiously wrong things I’ve seen, lol. Fuck it, let’s do it:

“Oda will not give Ryokugyu a black blade because Zoro is his favorite character and this makes Zoro less unique”

I’ve never seen it said that Zoro is Oda’s favorite character lol. But let’s assume that he is:

The idea that Oda would “ruin” his favorite character by giving an Admiral a black blade just shows how supremely disconnected Zoro fans are from what Oda is actually thinking lol. In their minds, Oda does not like Zoro for his indomitable willpower, his dedication to his dream, his devotion to Luffy and the Straw Hats, his badassery, or any of Zoro’s other well-known traits…no, Oda only cares about Zoro because he will one day achieve a black blade. Lol

Let’s assume such an obviously stupid argument were true, and Oda only cares about Zoro for this reason.

It is still an assumption to assume that Oda would not ever give any other character a black blade. What about Mihawk and Ryuma? Does the fact that they achieved black blades ruin Zoro for Oda? I would argue clearly not, or else he would’ve never given either character black blades and would’ve only given Zoro one. Other characters having black blades would apparently ruin Zoro, after all.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Troll post using bandages, Boa settled this.
Bled a little bit, small bruise

Has more bandages then fuji, despite her battle being weeks after compared to the readers seeing fuji a week after the fight.

Until proven otherwise the blind guy coo>>Mihawk.
Why you talking boa ?
The guy who never been hit > the guy who needs bandages after morley

Not even remotely comparable. Yamato becoming a Straw Hat was always extremely stupid. I’m not going to get into Yamato now, maybe later but IMO anyone who ever took Yamato joining the Straw Hats seriously should re-evaluate their entire life’s philosophy lol.
No, it's not about whether Yamato nakama makes sense or not, that is subjective. It's about the notion of Oda drawing something, that leads his fans to look into a certain direction, only for it to be a mislead or a subversion. Yamato is one of the most extreme cases (9 panels throughout 2 years) and the most recent example, so I used her.
If Oda can go that far, there is at least 1% chance that sword isn't actually a black blade.
For the record, I used to think it is a black blade 100%. But because Yamato 1057 happened, I only believe it by 99%.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
No, it's not about whether Yamato nakama makes sense or not, that is subjective. It's about the notion of Oda drawing something, that leads his fans to look into a certain direction, only for it to be a mislead or a subversion. Yamato is one of the most extreme cases (9 panels throughout 2 years) and the most recent example, so I used her.
If Oda can go that far, there is at least 1% chance that sword isn't actually a black blade.
For the record, I used to think it is a black blade 100%. But because Yamato 1057 happened, I only believe it by 99%.
Maybe I’ll do a write up on subversion later lol. I still don’t see them as comparable situations at all, Yamato not joining the Straw Hats had real narrative significance. Oda giving Ryokugyu a green blade that looks exactly like a black blade for no reason and with no explanation would be the definition of pointless. Lol

It looks like one lol

Itd be cool if ryokugyu had a special form of armament and fujitora a special form of observation
Imho, it's exactly like that.

Fuji has a very advanced and special observation while Ryo has an incredible Armament.

Also, as others had already written, we have never seen Ryo fighting seriously, so all this talk about fighting style is really pointless.

That most certainly looks like a black blade. There are occasions, where Oda forgot to draw a black blade (Shusui) black, but it would be odd that Oda just decided to paint a non black blade as one, even having Ryokugyu leaving out the sheath of the blade to show off his dick.

So I guess Ryokugyu is a top class swordsman with peaked out CoA and with a lot of experience fighting a lot of battles. In pure swordsmanship, Ryokugyu can still be inferior to other swordsmen, if those swordsmen have potent Haoshoku coating. Given Ryokugyu's rank and nature, I think that Ryokugyu having Haoshoku of some form would be justified though. His swordsmanship combined with his awakened DF makes him quite a proficient fighter.

Good post. I just use occams razor here. It’s a blade that is black drawn in the exact same style as other confirmed black blades. The most straightforward explanation is that it’s a black blade.

Anything else requires gymnastics and head canon. Perhaps Oda flummoxes us and it turns out aramaki dips his sword in a bucket of paint before each battle. It’s not impossible, it’s just very unlikely based on what the panels depict.

Not sure why the swordbois take issue…it gives you room to argue that Aramaki is a swordsman weaker than Mihawk.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Black blades are seemingly forged through battles, so we know for a fact that it involves the user utilizing the blade a lot in battles—it's like a basic requirement. And it's been teased that Haki alone isn't enough, which means Haki too is needed. So it goes deeper than the frequent usage of the blade and imbuing it with Haki. BB achievers have to do something that makes them different from the likes of Oden, Roger, Rayleigh, and Shanks. I think whatever it is that needs to be done to forge a BB requires a certain level of dedication—like forming a close bond with your blade or becoming one with it, for example—given how even the people who loved their blades didn't achieve it.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Black blades are seemingly forged through battles, so we know for a fact that it involves the user utilizing the blade a lot in battles—it's like a basic requirement. And it's been teased that Haki alone isn't enough, which means Haki too is needed. So it goes deeper than the frequent usage of the blade and imbuing it with Haki. BB achievers have to do something that makes them different from the likes of Oden, Roger, Rayleigh, and Shanks. I think whatever it is that needs to be done to forge a BB requires a certain level of dedication—like forming a close bond with your blade or becoming one with it, for example—given how even the people who loved their blades didn't achieve it.
What the fuck does this even mean

Roger named his son after his blade if that doesnt mean dedication and love for his sword then what it is
Also roger been trough fights with his sword for decades