General & Others Oda Confirms Base Sanji one shoting X Drake is canon

Ok so...whilst you're all arguing, did none of you just think of...maybe...even...you know...googling the source? It would take less time than your persistent bickering.

You're welcome.

https://blog.manga.tv/manga/interview/interview-d-eiichiro-oda-numero-3

- Now do you still have the feeling that the anime is your rival?
- Yes. It is, but it is also a strong ally in many situations. Compared to the original manga, the anime sheds light on points that had not been sufficiently addressed, to show things in a simpler way ... On the one hand, I tell myself that this is a good thing , but on the other hand, it also hurts my heart. But in the end, the anime who manages to do what I had failed to do is a great stimulation to improve myself

What's the beef here? A sulong Peloms, a Yonkou Fighter, hit Sanji while he was protecting Luffy and Sanji took damage. I mean, Squard stabbed Whitebeard but this is what shocks you? Half the things in the manga, if they were anime, yo'd be crying because muh powah scalin
i wasnt talking about power scaling though.?
Post automatically merged:

Because Oda had no time to fit and the anime expanded it.

But hey people are picking what is fitting their argument
there is no way oda intended this shit with pekoms at all. he had big mom pirates gauge out his eyes (presumably) and we didnt even get to see pekoms. pekoms rampaging, fighting sanji, and without pedro being able to overcome sulong is just one hell of a contradictory mess in comparison with the events in the manga.