Powers & Abilities DoYou Prefer Sanjis Fighting style before or after Diable Jambe?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
That’s not even remotely true… Ace’s popularity only became big during Marineford Saga which started after Enies Lobby.

Oda just gives everyone and their momma fire abilities if you haven’t noticed yet.
Oh, I didn't know this. Source? I only remember back in my junior high school days, mid 2000s, that Ace is already popular in the internet and irc servers I'm in. IIRC back then also shows Ace ranks high in a Popularity Polls, and I remember that before Enies Lobby, or even Wanze scene that inspire DJ.
Even we boys all have either Ace or Itachi Friendster background. Good times...

Yeah, you got fire powers. You goy fire powers. He got fire powers. Everyone got fire powers. It is indeed the most generic power there is.
Post automatically merged:

The choreography definitely took a hit; however, the theming from DJ makes it better to me imo
DJ went from heated legs to flame legs.
IJ goes from blue fire to lightning fire when?
Only with two elements Sanji can keep up with Emperor level threats.

Last edited:
Like, the only times where DJ is actually visually stunning is when Sanji is doing a spinning kick.

Other than that, DJ is just one/few kicks exchange and that's that. And the fact that Oda's choreography got worse after the timeskip.

Like look at Sanji's base kicks pre-timeskip for example.

The impact is emphasized and the drawings are much better.

Then you got the anime which makes the scene even better.

Then you got this:

Which is lame compared to base kicks imo.

I'm glad it was added. Great addition. I think Ifrit Jambe was a nice power-up as well even if the differences are subtle (I think they're apparent enough with the lightning and such). My only gripe is that regular kicks aren't used enough by current Sanji. I'd love to see him just bust out notable no-fire kicks a bit more often rather than Oda always rushing to Diable Jambe. Shoot, I feel like using haki would've allowed for a return to his previous style before the fire but even that is used in conjuction with the flames.

Overall, I enjoy Diable Jambe. Joue Shot and Concasser Strike look expecially amazing. Ifrit Jambe's a nice follow-up as well and my only concern is that we'll probably get even less of Sanji showing off without fire.

Definitely DJ. Also I have some other things I wished sanji wouldn't lack (at the moment at least):
- long distance attacks such as CP9 flying kicks
- adv CoA + fire kicks causing internal destruction and burnings
- adv CoA enabling him to cause little earthquakes simply by standing somewhere (basically something like Sabo did with the arena)
- adv CoO enabling him to sense, locate and evaluate stuff/people all over an Island the moment he sets his foot on it

Last but not least, an explanation on how tf he's even able to create fire with his feet.

Sad we didn't get any of those on wano or even WCI.

Miss the impact of the regular kicks. Sanji’s fight choreography used to be some of the coolest in the series until Oda got a bit lazy with fight choreography post time skip. The whole black leg thing could have been a lot cooler if it stayed true to the name with his drip and an occasional flame finisher rather than a mode. Give him that and more emphasis on armament haki prowess and it would have been amazing