Questions & Mysteries Why is Jinbe's bounty so low?

Jinbe is a veteran player and even after WCI haven't got a big jump. If the marines would know that he is in reality YC level like some people speculate they would auto raise his bounty way higher or not?

Just let us think that Mihawk has no bounty and suddenly loses his Shichibukai status. I doubt he would "only" be at 500 million

Luffy and Co are still wild cards and rookies for the marines compared to the veterans.

So what ya think... Or should we simply say... bounties are a strange thing after all

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Jimbe is strong but some things lead to believe that he was not that dangerous for the WG.

- Jimbe personality : the marine knows that he is a peaceful guy, he won't cause destruction for nothing, try to fight the WG etc.

- Jimbe had no real master or captain : so he has no organisation or big power behind him, and he has no bounty increase thanks to his captain and crew, and he has not to obey to some powerful master.

- Jimbe was a shishibukai during a long time so no bounty increase

But I think that now he is with the SH and the SH are troublemakers and dangerous for the WG his bounty will jump hard. After Wano I think he will have a much higher bounty.

Oda made it clear he inflated the shit out of Yonko exec bounties, so don't compare it against them. He said it's hard to gauge people's strength, so Yonko exec bounties just go up every time the Captain's go up when they're in the same campaign. Remember, Moriah fought toe to toe with Kaido, and his bounty was 320 million... Doflamingo was frozen at 340 million. Kuma was frozen at 296 million.

Think about it more like this:

Prime Don Chinjao - 542 million
Law - 500 million
Weevil (frozen) - 480 million
Kid - 470 million
Jinbe - 438 million
Capone - 350 million
Apoo - 350 million
Hawkins - 320 million

For non-Yonko people, I'd say:

Y1C -> 500 mill+ (Don Chinjao, current Law?)
Y2-3C -> 400 mill+ (frozen Weevil, frozen Law, Kid)
Veteran level -> 300 mill+ (Ironically where Oven/Daifuku were placed).

You think they made sense pre timeskip?
It's okay that they don't make sense, that's pretty realistic. Imagine marines (?) who've never seen or met these actual people sitting down while sipping coffee sake and trying to monetize how much someone is dangerous based on reports and rumors. It cannot be done.

Marines are terrified of Law because of the hearts thing and rumors; but you know he probably didn't actually hurt even an ant in this whole process.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
In an SBS not too long ago, Oda confirmed that Yonkou subordinates get greater bounties based off their allegiance/captain. It means Katakuri's bounty of 1,500,000,000 is inflated due to Big Mom herself. That is true for most Yonkou crew members, it seems. So for an ex-Shichibukai (who was unable to gain bounty for x amount of years) it's only natural he'll be lower than the Commanders.

It's okay that they don't make sense, that's pretty realistic. Imagine marines (?) who've never seen or met these actual people sitting down while sipping coffee sake and trying to monetize how much someone is dangerous based on reports and rumors. It cannot be done.

Marines are terrified of Law because of the hearts thing and rumors; but you know he probably didn't actually hurt even an ant in this whole process.
Cue information network, which they have 10 divisions of.

And even with full knowledge the bounties are inconsistent, so that´s not the reason.

In an SBS not too long ago, Oda confirmed that Yonkou subordinates get greater bounties based off their allegiance/captain. It means Katakuri's bounty of 1,500,000,000 is inflated due to Big Mom herself. That is true for most Yonkou crew members, it seems. So for an ex-Shichibukai (who was unable to gain bounty for x amount of years) it's only natural he'll be lower than the Commanders.
Source?

J

Jo_Ndule

Yes Yonko inflates commanders bounties and WG cant really judge their strength
but Oda still differentiate the ones that have bounties mainly about their strength than threat (to civilians) to those whose mainly about threat than strength :

- Kata bounty is mostly about his strength and skills than threat to civilians, based on how Luffy & Capone hyped him & bounty.
It was also symbolic coz of Luffy.
- Pero bounty is mostly about his strength & veteran experience than threat too based on how he boasts to Pedro after no diffing him.
- Cracker bounty was mostly threat based how he boasts it.
- Jack bounty is mostly based on destruction as hyped by sheepshead. Someone who destroys all... threat to civilians.
- Oven & Daifuku , only 2 years below Pero yet why not over 500 M? They stay low

You see the difference ?
1 B for Jack is mainly about how dangerous he is to civilians. (Yes he is strong since Inu hypes it but Jack actions are of that barbaric and fearless dude. )
1 B for Kata is mainly about how skilled and strong is he. (We don't even see or hear Kata going and ravaging countries as Jack )

Two different cases.

Jinbei 400Ms is more about his veteran experience and skills than threat to civilians
For me, He should have 600 Ms. 400Ms isnt bad tho

Cue information network, which they have 10 divisions of.

And even with full knowledge the bounties are inconsistent, so that´s not the reason.
My point is they do not have full knowledge. We see many examples of notoriety which aren't fully justified.

Not to mention unreported kind things Luffy has done, and never killing anyone. Also like the post above points out, there are different reasons for bounties.

And if you REALLY want me to justify it in yet another way, I can simply say there is also the matter of money value changes with time. A thousand dollars now are not the thousand dollars 10 years ago :yasu: