Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
‎
Australia is also in Eurovision song contest 🤣
I guess Australia is representing Asia because ..... ( no offense ) the other teams in Australia/Oceania continent are too weak ?
Nah

Australia is considered Asian as Fifa divide slots based on Continental Approach.

Australia or Oceania has very close proximity to SE Asia

I guess Australia is representing Asia because ..... ( no offense ) the other teams in Australia/Oceania continent are too weak ?
Australia used to play in the Oceania qualification group. And, unsuprisingly, they were always the best team.

But, a team from that area couldn't directly qualify for the WC because of the low coefficient the teams there have. So Australia used to always play an additional tie of play of matches against teams from either Africa, the Americas, or Asia. And they even had a period of 30 years where they would miss out on the WC becazse of this additional match.

So they petitioned to be folded into the Asian qualifiers. That makes the qualifiers more competitive and eliminates the constant extra play off match.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
‎
Australia used to play in the Oceania qualification group. And, unsuprisingly, they were always the best team.

But, a team from that area couldn't directly qualify for the WC because of the low coefficient the teams there have. So Australia used to always play an additional tie of play of matches against teams from either Africa, the Americas, or Asia. And they even had a period of 30 years where they would miss out on the WC becazse of this additional match.

So they petitioned to be folded into the Asian qualifiers. That makes the qualifiers more competitive and eliminates the constant extra play off match.
Common W for Nika :crazwhat: