Break Week The RS was the worst implementation ever

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
I feel like destroying it was meaningless cause he got the powers that he decided to discard anyways.

I wish Oda just let Franky and Ussop redesign it so it could be a symbol of his new family instead of the old.
He destroyed it because if he continued wearing it the transformation would’ve continued and he would’ve lost his emotions. He literally says this lol

People forgot, destroying the RS has its up (stopped further modification which will erase his emotions, character development becomes Sanji gives up one of his childhood dream power invisibility ), and it's down (Sanji becomes less durable and less versatile).

I think it's a matter of choosing Upgrade path.

Keeping RS
+ more defense
+ more aerial capability
+ more utility with invis
- weaker AP without IJ

Losing RS
- less defense
+ more AP with IJ

He destroyed it because if he continued wearing it the transformation would’ve continued and he would’ve lost his emotions. He literally says this lol
Actually he didn't said that, its a possibility
but we can't tell for certain

He only said that him using the RS awakened the "science on his body", and when he said he felt when the transformation was over because he stopped feeling odd, his eyebrows changed, he destroyed the suit in despise to it and he also asked Zoro to attack him to kill if he was no longer who he used to be.

There is no clear explanation for what managed to stop his transformation, his eyebrows also came back to normal

It
…It didn’t change his personality BECAUSE he destroyed it lol
He destroyed it to not take that risk because he did not know what was happening to his body. We now know it was just his body awakening but Sanji did not at the time.

His body was evolving even after the suit was off so why would destroying the suit stop only the personality swap but none of the other benefits.

Let’s face it, nothing about Germa is implemented well.

Yes, getting rid of the RS was good (although he should never have used it in the first place), it’s just a shame it was replaced with more Germa bullshit.

It’s a sad world where Judge was right.

I mean the raid suit made sense to me. It was a perfect Lure.

1. It gave Sanji access to power that he lamented not having when he was a kid (the powers of his siblings)

2. It gave him access to a dream he has wanted (Invisibility)

However, it made him make a choice. He could remain who he was, flaws and all. Or he could become this “indestructible warrior.”

The raid suit being destroyed and the speech Sanji says afterwards showed Sanji accepting himself. He accepts his flaws that came from the emotions his mother died to save, and he accepts his body as a modified human.

And by combining these Sanji was able to create a power all his own. His training gave him invisibility, and his emotions from his mother and exoskeleton from his father allowed himself deeper access to the fire ability that is unique to Sanji.

Basically, it’s similar to how Enma was a training tool, accept whereas Enma tested Zoros strength; the Raid Suit tested Sanjis character. If he accepted the easy path and taken the suit it would’ve destroyed him cause he’d lose his emotions until his fire died out making him nothing more than Stealth Black. An individual much weaker than Sanji.
Well said! The Raid Suit and Queen’s Germa obsession was a great sub-plot and set up for character development… Wano tied up his WCI story nicely.

One hand tied behind his back for most of his fight with Queen. Was even so distraught at the thought of being like his brothers he had a mental breakdown and had to call a time out

That’s greater than Zoro’s struggle with Enma since it only started to act up near the end and he was healed by medicine to be in top condition with his fight