Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Not gonna lie, this eternal fuel source thing is sounding a lot like a strawhat dream. Vegapunk has a role and a dream, and has asked Luffy to take them away from the island on the Sunny. I thought Bonney or Hancock would be the main possibilities, but I'm not far from unironically believing in Vegapunk for nakama in some form. I need to see more interaction between them and Luffy, as well as their backstory. A tragic flashback and a villain for Luffy to fight (CP0 or new WG force?) are all they need to be a very viable candidate.

Bonney obviously isn't gonna join but I could see her sticking around with the crew for a while like Law and Vivi

I really don't know what's gonna happen with Vegapunk though. The problem with him escaping on the Sunny is that he'd need to bring that massive brain with him and I don't really think that's possible

I'm getting the impression that Bonney's gonna stick around with the crew for a bit. I don't think she'll join or anything but I can see her being a Law/Vivi type of character in Fullalead/Elbaf

I hated the jokes about how her crate ended up on Law or Kid's ship, but if Kid took a visit to Elbaf to see Saul... I'll take anything at this point. Though honestly, I'm not counting on Carrot having any meaningful conclusion.
Carrot was just another victim of Wano's rushed ending
I'm sure she'll make another appearance down the line though

Captain: Monkey D Luffy
First Mate/Swordsman: Roronoa Zoro
Navigator: Nami
Sniper: Usopp
Cook: Vinsmoke Sanji
Doctor: Tony Tony Chopper
Archeologist: Nico Robin
Shipwright: Cutty Flam/Franky
Musician: Brook
Helmsman: Jinbe
Ninja Guardian: Pedro

I'm convinced that Luffy wants a ninja and that will be the last crewmate. The fact that Luffy was in Wano and didn't recruit a ninja after his roller coaster of emotions in Zou is strange. Kin'emon stating Nami was using ninjutsu back in Punk Hazard, the first New World island, is a clue from the author on the direction of the next crewmate.

It only makes sense if Oda plans to give Luffy a ninja later after the buildup. Raizo would have been it but his appearance was a letdown to multiple Strawhats. Ninjas are still on Oda's mind with the ninja reference from Luffy about Vegapunk's clones.

Pedro has the potential to become a great mix of ninja X pirate. The story is moving towards a reunion of Kuma reuniting with Vegapunk and Bonney and I believe Kuma's Paw Fruit will be key to Pedro's transformation to becoming the ninja Luffy wants.

Long live Pedro!

Captain: Monkey D Luffy
First Mate/Swordsman: Roronoa Zoro
Navigator: Nami
Sniper: Usopp
Cook: Vinsmoke Sanji
Doctor: Tony Tony Chopper
Archeologist: Nico Robin
Shipwright: Cutty Flam/Franky
Musician: Brook
Helmsman: Jinbe
Ninja Guardian: Pedro

I'm convinced that Luffy wants a ninja and that will be the last crewmate. The fact that Luffy was in Wano and didn't recruit a ninja after his roller coaster of emotions in Zou is strange. Kin'emon stating Nami was using ninjutsu back in Punk Hazard, the first New World island, is a clue from the author on the direction of the next crewmate.

It only makes sense if Oda plans to give Luffy a ninja later after the buildup. Raizo would have been it but his appearance was a letdown to multiple Strawhats. Ninjas are still on Oda's mind with the ninja reference from Luffy about Vegapunk's clones.

Pedro has the potential to become a great mix of ninja X pirate. The story is moving towards a reunion of Kuma reuniting with Vegapunk and Bonney and I believe Kuma's Paw Fruit will be key to Pedro's transformation to becoming the ninja Luffy wants.

Long live Pedro!
Shhhh… Pedro’s death wasn’t your fault…