Controversial Should One Piece be more serious?

Should One Piece be more serious?

• Yeah, One Piece Zack Snyder style

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, One Piece Taika Waitit style

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

Rej

Tripple Hoyo Player
Nah, only edgeheads want it to be more serious.
I accepted Oda's style and his worldbuilding topics and other deep storylines are serious enough. Also the general messages and philosophies of One Piece are serious enough.

Not anymore. Let it finish in the goofy, no-death way only now or it would just look more bad. Trying to change its style now would just cause more issues.

Basically, the manga is in Kids category . Many OP fans come from the 90's kid . We grew together with OP manga . Oda should change the manga to be more serious as many OP fans already in their adult zone. :kayneshrug:

I like the silly gags and the wacky character designs. It’s been like this for 20 years and it can stay that way.

Besides, it’s not always fun and games. Marineford taught us that… :parkcry:

One Piece's excessive goofiness is fine but pre-TS, it knew when to be serious. Hell, even post-TS it knew when to be serious, see Dressrosa.

Now compare Luffy vs Doflamingo to Luffy vs Kaido.

Kaido was a tyrant of the highest degree, so tell me why Luffy's smiling his ass off constantly talking about how much he's enjoying himself and how much fun he's having. Now compare to how much fun he was having vs Doflamingo, Cracker or even Katakuri for that matter.

Idk why Oda decided to constantly relieve all tension in Luffy vs Kaido by having them wank each other off at every chance they got. Then making One Piece into a literal cartoon which pissed away any tension that could possibly have been left.

One Piece's problem isn't goofiness, it's that Oda doesn't know or has forgotten how to create and manage tension. These days, Oda's idea of tension is a cliffhanger that is immediately resolved in the next chapter. Not to mention his reluctance to perma-kill characters.

No, I love the dumb shit that happens, it is part of One Piece. Anybody who does not like and laugh at things like Mizu Luffy is watching/reading the wrong anime/manga. There are some serious parts and there are some very emotional parts but I would prefer that it is limited to just certain phases.

Of course it should.

should‘ve started in Wano!! Yet the absolute opposite path was chosen.

Now it would be to late on the other hand final arc should be more serious, but Loda literally contradicted it

H

Herrera95

Is not about being more serious or not. Is about being consistent and respect the mood.

Important fights like main villain can have a little of joke but can't be "are you having fun, kaido?".

I would say Enel vs Luffy is the edge where humor can go in a fight and still be very serious.