Questions & Mysteries Who are the remaining two paladins?

Who are the remaining two paladins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
So I decided to create this thread after giving it some more thought.

I'll just copy what I said in the chapter thread.

And it's nice we got a confirmation that it's Damnatio as well. Clearly looks like him. I also wonder who the other two characters are. They are shaded, and kept like that imo on purpose. Probably someone we already know. Imma go out on a limb here and say they might be Marx and Mereoleona. Both have been suspiciously missing recently, as well as from the recent meeting. The person with the topknot or whatever could be Mereoleona. I think turning Marx over at least would make sense. He's been by Lucius'/Julius' side for the longest and could cover for him as well. Iirc Mereoleona wasn't an elf so Tabata might use her as a paladin here.

I've been thinking more about who the other 2 paladins are. My first thoughts were Marx and Mereoleona. I still think that one of them is Marx. The second one I am iffy about. But now I believe it might be Morgen Faust.

As we can see in the panel, Damnatio and the first person on Lucius' other side are equally tall.

And Damnatio and Morgen are both 180 cm tall, according to their character profiles

And that little topknot fits perfectly with Morgen. Lucius most likely saved him and now bound Lucifugus to him. And I think it makes sense. He'll be an opponent for Nacht and the greatest obstacle Nacht will have. He'll have to fight and most likely kill his brother who sacrificed for him.

As I posited above, Tabata shaded them and kept their faces hidden which to me signals it's a character we know, like what he did with Lucius in the Zogratis flashback.

That also points me to the man waiting for Asta. I am gonna say he's Yami's brother. It's a parallel to Nacht and Morgen. And I am going to guess the guy's name is Hikari. Just to fit the parallel even more. Nacht and Morgen mean night and morning. Yami means dark/darkness and Hikari is the Japanese word for light.

Is it Papa Silva?

What do you guys think? Suggest any other names and I'll add them to the poll.

Last edited:
So decided to create this thread after giving it some more thought.

I'll just copy what I said in the chapter thread.

And it's nice we got a confirmation that it's Damnatio as well. Clearly looks like him. I also wonder who the other two characters are. They are shaded, and kept like that imo on purpose. Probably someone we already know. Imma go out on a limb here and say they might be Marx and Mereoleona. Both have been suspiciously missing recently, as well as from the recent meeting. The person with the topknot or whatever could be Mereoleona. I think turing Marx over at least would make sense. He's been by Lucius'/Julius' side for the longest and could cover for him as well. Iirc Mereoleona wasn't an elf so Tabata might use her as a paladin here.

I've been thinking more about who the other 2 paladins are. My first thoughts were Marx and Mereoleona. I still think that one of them is Marx. The second one I am iffy about. But now I believe it might be Morgen Faust.

As we can see in the panel, Damnatio and the first person on Lucius' other side are equally tall.

And Damnatio and Morgen are both 180 cm tall, according to their character profiles

And that little topknot fits perfectly with Morgen. Lucius most likely saved him and now bound Lucifugus to him. And I think it makes sense. He'll be an opponent for Nacht and the greatest obstacle Nacht will have. He'll have to fight and most likely kill his brother who sacrificed for him.

As I posited above, Tabata shaded them and kept their faces hidden which to me signals it's a character we know, like what he did with Lucius in the Zogratis flashback.

That also points me to the man waiting for Asta. I am gonna say he's Yami's brother. It's a parallel to Nacht and Morgen. And I am going to guess the guy's name is Hikari. Just to fit the parallel even more. Nacht and Morgen mean night and morning. Yami means dark/darkness and Hikari is the Japanese word for light.

Is it Papa Silva?

What do you guys think? Suggest any other names and I'll add them to the poll.
I can see Morgen on it, but papa silva i don't know. :choppawhat:
Hikari one is pretty good too, altho i prefer Hikaru name (cuz mostly i've seen girl with Hikari names on it)

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Hikari one is pretty good too, altho i prefer Hikaru name (cuz mostly i've seen girl with Hikari names on it)
Hikari seems to prominently be a female name, correct. Hikaru can be a good alternative.
Hikaru (ใฒใ‹ใ‚‹, ใƒ’ใ‚ซใƒซ) is a Japanese verb meaning "to shine" (ๅ…‰ใ‚‹), and it is the dictionary form of the word Hikari (ๅ…‰, light).

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I can agree with one of them being Morgan, but would be sketchy on Yami having a brother. Would be dope but too convinieht just to make parallels.

Can ride the Marx hype too.
I think it'd be a fitting parallel.

What I am more interested in is the fact that the person there was seemingly expecting him.
Odd. Let's see where this goes. Also makes me wonder if Lucius foresaw this. Or will Asta's anomaly apply here as well? Was Lilly able to retain a piece of herself in the final moments and do this?

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
I think it'd be a fitting parallel.

What I am more interested in is the fact that the person there was seemingly expecting him.
Odd. Let's see where this goes. Also makes me wonder if Lucius foresaw this. Or will Asta's anomaly apply here as well? Was Lilly able to retain a piece of herself in the final moments and do this?
Yeah I found that saying a little bit weird too. Unless they were referring to seeing Asta flying and landing, I don't want no prophecy bs.

And yes, that hoe still had something in her heart

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Will be a wild guess but since we haven't heard about them even during Spade Invasion I will say it's Mars and Fana from the Diamond Kingdom.
Could be them too, but I think the two paladins being Marx and Morgen makes more sense to me. Marx not noticing Lucius at all is wild. And all the things I said about Morgen.

Last edited:

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rock that Soul!!!
โ€Ž
Patri? Considering all his history with Julius, the fact he became a Dark Elf at one point, and then his two-souls in one body thing. Would be an interesting way to use him in the story again.

I think Lucius should have more Paladins in the near future. 4 are clearly not enough for us to see all Supreme Devil powers we didn't see (3rd Layer, 4th Layer, 5th Layer, 6th Layer, Beelzebub and likely Megicula too since like Lucifero, she was defeated when her manifestation wasn't complete; even if we exclude her it's 5 at the very least).

For those who might be interested, the Tree of Qliphoth in Black Clover seems to follow this:

Lilith and Namaah (Nahema) were the ones in the 1st Layer. Adramelech the one in the 2nd Layer. Lucifero (also known as Satan), Beelzebub and Astaroth in the 7th Layer. Lucifugus (Lucifuge Rofacale) was also confirmed to exist when Nacht's family tried to summon him.

That means that the Supreme Devils we've yet to see should likely be Bael, Belphegor and Asmodeus. Lucifugus might be on the 6th Layer as the Prime Minister of the Demon World by lore. The ones on the 3rd, 4th and 5th Layers are probably these three I mentioned.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I think Lucius should have more Paladins in the near future. 4 are clearly not enough for us to see all Supreme Devil powers we didn't see (3rd Layer, 4th Layer, 5th Layer, 6th Layer, Beelzebub and likely Megicula too since like Lucifero, she was defeated when her manifestation wasn't complete; even if we exclude her it's 5 at the very least).

For those who might be interested, the Tree of Qliphoth in Black Clover seems to follow this:

Lilith and Namaah (Nahema) were the ones in the 1st Layer. Adramelech the one in the 2nd Layer. Lucifero (also known as Satan), Beelzebub and Astaroth in the 7th Layer. Lucifugus (Lucifuge Rofacale) was also confirmed to exist when Nacht's family tried to summon him.

That means that the Supreme Devils we've yet to see should likely be Bael, Belphegor and Asmodeus. Lucifugus might be on the 6th Layer as the Prime Minister of the Demon World by lore. The ones on the 3rd, 4th and 5th Layers are probably these three I mentioned.
Most likely yes. I agree. Good find. Btw do you think it's possible to predict the paladins by the devils' powers? Like I don't really see a connection with space and Lilly, but it was needed for Asta to go to Wano lel, so Beel had to do. I think Mogren might be one and Lucifugus to me makes the most sense. But could we find a connection between them? Which of the three would suit Damnatio for instance in your opinion?

Most likely yes. I agree. Good find. Btw do you think it's possible to predict the paladins by the devils' powers? Like I don't really see a connection with space and Lilly, but it was needed for Asta to go to Wano lel, so Beel had to do. I think Mogren might be one and Lucifugus to me makes the most sense. But could we find a connection between them? Which of the three would suit Damnatio for instance in your opinion?
Considering we don't know a very considerable portion of the powers belonging to the Supreme Devils (3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th Layers), I'd say it's pretty much impossible to predict, or at least extremely difficult. We'd need to find specific info about those Supreme Devils (that we don't even know if they're gonna be canon or not) and try to relate it to the characters we know (too lazy to do that rn lol). Even with Beelzebub and Lily, I can't hardly see any connection at all, as you say, so these connections might not even exist in the first place.

Morgen (if he's a Paladin) and Lucifugus would fit very nicely tho, I'll give you that.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Considering we don't know a very considerable portion of the powers belonging to the Supreme Devils (3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th Layers), I'd say it's pretty much impossible to predict, or at least extremely difficult. We'd need to find specific info about those Supreme Devils (that we don't even know if they're gonna be canon or not) and try to relate it to the characters we know (too lazy to do that rn lol). Even with Beelzebub and Lily, I can't hardly see any connection at all, as you say, so these connections might not even exist in the first place.

Morgen (if he's a Paladin) and Lucifugus would fit very nicely tho, I'll give you that.
I agree lel but that's where the fun is lol.

Asmodeus
Asmodeus, is a prince of demons, or in Judeo-Islamic lore their king (jinn, shedim, divs).[2][3] Asmodeus is mostly known from the deuterocanonical Book of Tobit, in which he is the primary antagonist,[4] or the Ars Goetia. In Peter Binsfeld's classification of demons, Asmodeus represents lust. The demon is also mentioned in some Talmudic legends; for instance, in the story of the construction of the Temple of Solomon.
Asmodeus is the king of demons, appearing, among other books, in the Kabbalah and Book of Tobit. He is accountable for lust, and distorts sexual desires. Those who succumb to these sins spend eternity in the second level of hell.

According to demonologists Asmodeus was able to reveal to men the hidden secrets and treasures of the mother earth, besides giving them the ability to become invisible. When one exorcises him, one must be steadfast and call him by name. He gives rings influenced by astronomical bodies, advises men on making themselves invisible, and instructs men in the art of geometry, arithmetic, astronomy, and the mechanical arts. He also knows of treasures.

The term 'flight of Asmodeus'; is derived from a work of literature by Alain Renรฉ Lesage (Le Diable Boiteux, 1707) in which Asmodeus takes Don Cleofas for a night flight, and by magical means removes the roofs from the houses of a village to show him the secrets of what passes in private lives.

Belphegor
Belphegor is a fallen angel, now a Demon Lord that presides over the sin of Sloth and is one of the Seven Princes that rules Hell and assists people to make discoveries.
Belphegor is invoked by mortals who wish to find fame and wealth through invention, often with as little effort as possible. These wishes, as with almost any demonic invocation, are doomed to fail, because Belphegorโ€™s true mission is to draw the lazy into the sin of Sloth. Through the failure of whatever Belphegor provided to the invoker, he draws them into procrastination and idle dreaming rather than producing, thus damning them. He is also a shapeshifter, delighting in using this ability to deceive mortals. His most common forms are polarized in their appearances.

• Combustion: With only a look, Belphegor can make his opponent burn.
  • Cleave: Belphegor can slice his target into many pieces quickly with a single slice at a distance without moving.
  • Hellfire Attacks: As with many demons, Belphegor can release hellfire in attacks of various intensities, either through basic fire blasts or by shooting hellish explosions with his hands. However, due to his laziness and disinterest in Hellfire, his technique in using hellfire is basic.
He is a shapeshifter, delighting in using this ability to deceive mortals. His most common forms are polarized in their appearances. He will take the form of a beautiful woman, naked in all her glory, to seduce those who would fall for his wiles. He also appears as a monstrous demon, with leathery flesh, huge horns, long sharp teeth and fingernails, and a gaping mouth.

Bael
Bael is ranked as the first demonic spirit of the Ars Goetia and principal king of Hell, ruling over the East, along with being the head of the infernal powers.
Bael (sometimes spelled Baal, Baรซl, or Baell) is in 17th Century goetic occult writings one of the seven princes of the Underworld. The name is drawn from the Canaanite deity Baal mentioned in the Hebrew Bible as the primary god of the Phoenicians.
According to Francis Barrett, Bael has the power to make those who invoke him invisible, and to some other demonologists his power is stronger in October. According to some sources, he can make people wise, and speaks hoarsely and necromancy.

He is attributed with teaching science, granting invisibility, and controlling 250 legions of spirits. According to Francis Barrett, he has the power to make those who invoke him invisible, and to some other demonologists his power is stronger in October. According to some sources, he can make people wise, speaks with a hoarse voice, and carries ashes in his pocket along with necromancy.

Could be Morgen which would be great, paladin Morgen with Lucifugus fighting Nacht and a few other. If morgen was in the Underworld, Morgen might have thought that Nacht, Yami or Julius would help him if they found out he was in the underworld. But Lucius is the one who saves him. i think that could be a great plot point where Morgen has joined Lucius.

Marx could be the other one as he was the closest to Julius as the wizard king, Morris is also a possibility imo. 1200 years of heart kingdom knowledge. And if his modification magic could affect the paladins then Lucius would want him on his side. Maybe the last diamond kingdom general is the other paladin. i don't think they got revealed yet. with this you could have Mars, Ladros and Fana return. Speaking of, how would Lucius view Ladros, he has mana but no affinity so what is he to Lucius as someone who couldn't get a grimoire and had to have one made.

For other people being paladins and not the 2 here(having a shot in the dark and seeing if something sticks) are Gueldre Poizot (former Purple orca captain), Drouot (Grimoire tower guy) and the Witch Queen.

I don't think papa silva would be shorter than morgen, but there's a possibility that Noel's mom isn't actually dead, I would find that more likely than her dad

That only shot of him we got was from behind and Noelle was small af so him towering over her was not surprising then, now she's taller.

Also don't trust silhouettes like that. Tabata doesn't care that much about them.
I was referring to the first picture in the first post in this thread from light d lamperouge. Assuming the figure second from the right is morgen then I was saying that I thought it more possible that the one on the far right would be Noel's mother who could still be alive rather than her father who I wouldn't expect to be that much shorter than morgen

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
That would be dope, Yami would go thru a mental crisis arc. Although I'm all in for the former WKs.
Yeah I agree. I think both can happen tbh.