Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1069 Spoilers Discussion

Who will fight Kizaru ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
So ummm, do you guys like the lore behind devil fruits as humans desire? And do y'all think it would have been better if devil fruits were created from some kind of tree of life instead?
I like the desire lore, it makes sense with the focus on willpower and dreams the series has

Truthfully no one looked bad this chapter
Lucci didn't get immediately one shot against a Yonko level character and got up due to his awakening showing his natural ability to be a prodigy and master things like Rokoshiki and Devil Fruit Usage.

Luffy didn't look bad because above all else his Conqueror's Haki matters and he didn't use it this chapter.
Its like someone surviving a Hakiless slash from Zoro and then insulting Kaido and saying Zoro scarred Kaido.

So ummm, do you guys like the lore behind devil fruits as humans desire? And do y'all think it would have been better if devil fruits were created from some kind of tree of life instead?
I already dropped my opinions here
In all fairness (memes aside), I do think we’re taking things a bit too literally.

If people’s desires created the devil fruits, its likely that their fears do as well. And devil fruits come from futures that people envision, whether thats for better or worse.

For example:
An island like Drum may fear a future where the cold will grow too harsh to handle - Hie Hie No Mi

or

People living in darkness and destitution may dream of a future in the light - Pika Pika no Mi

The treasure on Mariejoa may be a “totem” that collects these feelings and creates devil fruits out of them (A devil fruit tree) and that’s why they have so many powerful fruits at their disposal.

CoC: Color of Clowns

We Shall Sail On Every Light Wave
Caesar making a rocket weapon out of organophosphate was some real ass shit. Real science. Few mg could already kill bears, but 5 GRAMS?! Ice oni magic and germa science whatever were so goofy and cartoonish we just handwaved it but those KX Rocket Launchers would kill a Yonko that tanked a Puncture Wille.

Caesar was fucking WILD. Those KX Rocket Launchers if they hit would one-shot 99% of OPverse.
Ceasar is a dangerous madman.

This is why I didn't want the Straw Hats to let him go.

Man is a genocide waiting to happen. The Mink kingdom literally would have been razed to the ground by Caesar's gas, if the Straw Hats hadn't shown up. And, if Luffy had never beaten Doflamingo, Caesar's gas + Jack would have led the Beast Pirates to eventually finding Raizou.

If Caesar ever developed his powers further, and Awakened to the point where he could spread massive amounts of gas, he'd be even worse.

It is obviously conqueror .
Im not saying he is clearly using acoc but luffy not an idiot when it is time to fight and we only see those black sparks coming from him when he fight an other conqueror user .
did you remember Ulti vs Luffy head butt or even Ulti vs Usopp headbutt? or even Katakuri vs Luffy bout in a similar way just after merienda?

Or, what was meant by that is that when you eat a Devil Fruit, you learn what ability it has, and you call it according to the ability. Not that you literally just know the name of it by eating it.

In the case of Kaku and Kalifa, their devil fruits were unknown, and not in the Devil Fruit book.... So how did they have names before Kaku and Kalifa ate them? Who named those Devil Fruits when they exist in no form of text anywhere? Or do Devil Fruits just name themselves? Lol

If you eat a fruit that makes you stretch and act like rubber, then clearly you would assume you ate the Rubber fruit. If you ate a fruit that turned you into a Giraffe, then clearly you would assume you ate the Giraffe Devil Fruit....

All Spandam said was you learn the name of the Fruit, when you gain its power. Not that you learn its name just by eating it.
Nah he clearly said, the user finds out the name. It was straightforward English and not some riddle.
Just another copout/retcon from Oda

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Because he was focusing all his haki on his bajrang when kaido hit his arm. He didn't have armament on his arm in the panel, but the punch did. I don't think that King's slashes are stronger than Kaido's and Kaido's smaller blast breath melted a whole ass mountain range, so even if we assume that King's magma is stronger, if Kaido's did 0 damage then king's isn't doing much more at all.
Who said that? Kaido was beating the crap out of Luffy's arm and failed to get Luffy to let loose. Do you think he could do that without Haki? Kaido confirmed Luffy's coating himself in both forms of haki. Zoro's deflected Kaido's slashes like nothing while King's slashes were sending him flying across Onigashima. The difference b/w the two is like heaven and earth. It's not a small Boro Breath, it's just as big as the one Kaido used on Luffy. The angle of perception makes it look big.

King's fire-based attacks in general are more potent than Kaido's. Marco's supposed to have superior flames to even Big Mom's fire, yet King's fire attacks were hurting Marco. Also, remember that a small fireball from King required Marco to use his Immortal Thistle, the same move Marco used to block Boro Breath.

I think you are confused, people don't literally know the name of their fruits after eating them, they just call it according to what they can do ( that's why they say stuff like I'm a X human and can do X stuff), in Luffy's case not only did people already tell him the name but he also displayed rubber properties.
Nah eating the fruit let's the person know the name of the fruit, as per Oda's own words. No confusion on that part

Status
Not open for further replies.