Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1069 Spoilers Discussion

Who will fight Kizaru ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rest in Peace and Shine in Light
I don't hate Gear 5. I think it fits because Oda has always had Looney Tunes/slapstick like that and makes the story more optimistic instead of a violence showdown.

I'm talking about the in-universe reaction, though. Kaido smiled about it, but almost everyone else who has seen it has had a WTF expression on their face. You can't bend reality without freaking out some normies, I guess haha.

But I also wonder if this is a little deeper, like Luffy doesn't realize that he's the only one having fun. The way he approached Sentomaru all, "Hey Ax Guy!" and tried to have a conversation mid-battle... I wonder if someone (Nami?) will confront Luffy about this, since she's usually a voice of reason for him.
Yeah, the reason it doesn't bother me when Oda gets goofy. It was also supposed to be a fun, cartoonish series.

That's why Kaido's a real one: he realized how important Luffy's power-up was, and respected even though it was insane.

Great point with Luffy. He seems almost mindlessly joyful. I really want to see Nami and him interact when he's in Gear 5: it should be funny, and, hopefully, she does what you said and reasons with him about not going out of control.

Even with Gear 5, Kaido had chances to end the battle, especially when Luffy ran out of Gear 5.

Much like with Katakuri, Kaido gave Luffy a chance to prepare one final effort. Many enemies (like Blackbeard and Akainu) won't give Luffy that chance.

Cry.

Lucci got better portrayal in one chapter, than King got throughout the entirety of Wano.
Just because Luffy tards wanked Nika to be OP and could one shot commanders which he didn't do , it wouldn't mean anyone is taking ur asses seriously ,

- King has better portrayal than Lucci :

> Better Defence than Crydo
> Invisible Speed
> Beat Marco who sent Meme away
> Mid diffed RT Zoro who embrassed Crydo
> His child DNA is getting used for seraphim to be used to replace Warlords

- Lucci's portrayal :

> Getting compared to WsW who Jinbei mid diffed

:suresure:

If Lucci actually does some serious damage to Luffy it’s gonna look terrible for certain fans
Personally I don’t think he will, near dead G5 tanked like 10 ACoC attacks from Kaido, so for Lucci to damage him he’ll have to land his best move a couple times. But this is likely no longer a 1v1 anyway, the seraphim will gang up on Luffy with Cp0
I think there's no way he ain't landing Rokuougun. Just for old time sake i think Oda is gonna do that

When Zoro decided to stay behind, the main focus Oda pointed out, resolved around the fact it was a government island, suggesting that you'd never know who'd be coming, so with Kizaru coming to Egghead, guess he'd end up intercepted by Zoro, who he almost killed preskip, so most likely with Zoro wanting a pay back

With that said, Kizaru was also the only admiral we know of, who Vegapunk had a connection with(we know that Vegapunk replicated his lasers on Pacifistas), and Sentoumaru was also his subordinate in Sabaody, and thus tying him nicely into the arc i guess
Why would zoro try and stop kizaru but not lucci and kaku

Seems to me a lot of you would rather be reading Zoro Piece. It's fine if that's the type of story you want to read but don't project those expectations cause the story has never been about that.
Berserk is a beautiful story with a similar archetype of a character in guts. But that's not what One Piece is. It never has been, it never will.

It is a good point when people say that after the timeskip a lot of the straw hats don't get enough screen time or development. But I cringe when people claim Zoro should be the main character (Mind you Zoro is my second favorite character).
nah zoro doesn't fit the theme of one piece. But oda should have fleshed him out more as the second most important character

Just because Luffy tards wanked Nika to be OP and could one shot commanders which he didn't do , it wouldn't mean anyone is taking ur asses seriously ,

- King has better portrayal than Lucci :

> Better Defence than Crydo
> Invisible Speed
> Beat Marco who sent Meme away
> Mid diffed RT Zoro who embrassed Crydo
> His child DNA is getting used for seraphim to be used to replace Warlords

> Lucci's portrayal :

:suresure:
Lmao, King follows a Yonko because he admires his strength. Lucci attacked a Yonko while defying explicit orders from the higher ups, not to.

Oda gave King these cool powers, and made his ass a cheerleader, lmao.

The chances of Dragon arriving and ending the arc are high now. Probably needs him for this.
Problem is Kambaka is pretty far from Egghead, Kuma teleportation was the only reasonable choice for Dragon to appear

I think there's no way he ain't landing Rokuougun. Just for old time sake i think Oda is gonna do that
That could definitely be the case. Also, when you think about it Kaido’s ACoC hits didn’t do a lot of damage but what fucked Luffy was the Boro Blast and Hakiless wind slashes, so Lucci does have the right tools to deal good damage

Still ruiminating over the nature of DFs and my conclusion so far is that there is definitely a lot more to it that Vega doesnt know, like why do people wishes manifest especifically as fruits, instead of them just getting the powers themselves? why are they so uncommon outside of the grand line? why does the sea judges it unnatural if, based on this explnation, they are absolutely a natural phenomenom? and what about the whole lineage factor stuff that allows science to replicate them? Nah, this has to be only the tip of the iceberg:quest:

exactly. not removing fluffy entirely for a whole arc. maybe if oda reduced side characters and focused more on vital characters especially the strawhats
And focus more on their goals. Like, we could have had an Usopp Haki Training chapter or a Chopper medicine chapter. Because so far only Luffy and maybe Zoro are about to fulfill theirs. And Robin and Franky since their goal is basically to reach Laugh Tale.

Status
Not open for further replies.