Questions & Mysteries Did Green Bull steal the Black Blade from Rocks D Xebec

Did Green Bull stole Black Blade from Rocks D Xebec

• No Rocks gave it to him before dying

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
:kayneshrug: either option 4 or option 5 on the poll. Would be way cooler if it was 5
Post automatically merged:

Dunno how my fellow Admiral bro's feel about this but i never truly believed or expected Ryokugyu to have a Black Blade. Narrative wise i really don't see how it is supposed to make sense when he's pretty clearly not going to be a Zoro oponnent in the future. He ain't even a swordsman.

However, question remains why it's drawn identically the same as Black Blades. It's definitely not an ordinary blade. I also wouldn't be against the idea that it's some really tough wooden blade or something like that.

And no, i hope it isn't a stolen Black Blade. Would be trash imo
I strongly agree.

I don't see a narrative reason for him having a black blade either, unless it's to show he's a CoA master like Issho is a CoO master.

There is something that doesn't click.

We have seen 2 confirmed black blades in OP right now. The Yoru with Mihawk who is the current WSS, one of the strongest character in the verse on par with Shanks. The other is Shusui who was made by Ryuma who is regarded as a sword god, WSS of his era and for sure he is up there with Shanks and Mihawk, maybe even above if Oda wants to play him as Zoro's Joyboy.

Then we have Greenbull who has been neg diffed from dozens of miles away from Shanks. Is he the 3rd black blade owner but he has shown no interest in swords and also is a subordinate, and a cheerleader, of Akainu (while Mihawk and Ryuma are/were free as the wind). Can we put him in the same pantheon as Mihawk and Ryuma?

Apollo

The Sol King
Found the thread @Apollo @Impact_Dial

For the topic, honestly, I couldn't care less if GB has a black blade or not. But saying it's out of possibility is just wrong imo. GB might be a CoA expert in contrast to Fuji's CoO. But that's up to debate.
We first have to know more about black blades. Like, how do you forge a black blade ? What weapons can become a black blade ? Is it just CoA or is there more to it ? Etc...........

GB's DF is pretty cool and can be versatile, I would honestly prefer focusing more on it. If his blade is black or not doesn't really matter to me.

Oda will correct this mistake in the volume release :milaugh:
Can't wait.:araboss:
We first have to know more about black blades. Like, how do you forge a black blade ? What weapons can become a black blade ? Is it just CoA or is there more to it ? Etc...........

GB's DF is pretty cool and can be versatile, I would honestly prefer focusing more on it. If his blade is black or not doesn't really matter to me.
Yeah I actually liked his DF more than his sword. Swordsmanship is his secondary fighting style.

But I can't wait for the black blade lore. Hopefully Oda won't retcon it and made up some bullshit.

just read the braindead og post

I am not trying this to necessarily insult Green Bull but instead pointing out something that goes hand in hand with Green Bulls "Hard Boiled" Personality. He seems like someone who doesn't mind taking short cuts, like attacking injured people
He literally warned them to not attack him.

He even got checked by Shanks for doing so, like "Dude why are you acting like such a dirty ass bastard and attacking injured people?"

So Greenbull going solo vs whole Wano alliance is somehow him taking a shortcut? What?
He's literally giving them the biggest advantage possible.
He even let them heal for 1 week.

He didn't steal a black blade, that's for pre skip fodders. He either made it himself or got it from someone he defeated.

I'd prefer if he (as DF based fighter) defeated a black blade swordsman say 5-10 years ago and took his sword then further improved his swordsmanship skills he got as a marine these past years. Swordsmanship on the level of like Dressrosa Zoro which Fujitora was weary of and with awakened DF+haki putting him on top tier level.