Chapter Discussion Luffy might have goofed fighting Lucci....

I have a theory luffy goofed. His awakened form known as gear 5 looks like sulong. Sulong is a word that has real meaning. In the context of military tactics it means [advance,move; moving; moving forward; pushing forward, attack]. urong is a word with the opposite [meaning backward movement; moving back; retreat; recession synonym ▲ Synonym: atras. backing out (of one's promises, etc.) revocation (of permits, etc.) shrinkage (of fabrics, etc.)]

Traits I've identied that are common are white hair folliclesand red eyes. This makes me think gear 5 is similar.

If gear 5 is really similar to sulong then he may follow the same path as Hody/Carrot. I believe you're suppose to end your fights with sulong, not start them. To do urong is against the whole point of sulong. This is why sulong form is regarded as a trump card. Abusing the power will have drawbacks. It all make sense now. Luffy is playing around with lucci but when he put on the spot light is when he will wish he didn't use it so early.

Not because G5. He is always like that after main fights.
- He was awake after katakuri beat him up for 12 hours straight
- He was awake after going all out against Lucci
- He was awake after doffy fight

- The fight with moria had him do a transformation that put strain on his body and sleep it off
- Kaido made him transform and also strain him into sleeping for a long time

Chopper even commented about luffy's condition and the gear 5 form. I think he used gear 5 way too early for fodder like lucci.
Post automatically merged:

And you wonder why I get ticked off by you :gokulaugh:

I have become awakened and seek peace. My days of entertaining my wicked and wild ways are over. don't ever get it twisted however.... I never wondered why you don't like me and I'll have more if you continue to be a condensing.

- The fight with moria had him do a transformation that put strain on his body and sleep it off

Chopper even commented about luffy's condition and the gear 5 form. I think he used gear 5 way too early for fodder like lucci.

I have become awakened and seek peace. My days of entertaining my wicked and wild ways are over. don't ever get it twisted however.... I never wondered why you don't like me and I'll have more if you continue to be a condensing.
I assume you meant condesending, but I was literally just making a joke earlier on in the thread.

Don’t take what I say so seriously… :usoprice:

H

Herrera95

Lucci also used awakening too early. Katakuri and Doffy awakening doesn't have drawback. Kid and Law the same. Why Luffy has to be any different? It is just excessive work but none outside this. In fact Luffy awakening was responsible to heal him so pretty much the only awakening that doesn't exhaust the user.

You would have better argument coming with East Blue fights.

Luffy was days off after Crocodile. He couldn't move after Lucci. Not sure how long he was off when they got into Water 7 again. He was off against Moriah and we still had a villain. He was off at Marineford. He needed blood from Jinbei at Fishman Island. He was off at Dressrosa. He was off after Sanji saved him in WCI.

He is usually off when he finally can have a rest. Only exception was Kuma in Thriller Bark where he couldn't have a rest yet.

Lucci also used awakening too early. Katakuri and Doffy awakening doesn't have drawback. Kid and Law the same. Why Luffy has to be any different? It is just excessive work but none outside this. In fact Luffy awakening was responsible to heal him so pretty much the only awakening that doesn't exhaust the user.

You would have better argument coming with East Blue fights.

Luffy was days off after Crocodile. He couldn't move after Lucci. Not sure how long he was off when they got into Water 7 again. He was off against Moriah and we still had a villain. He was off at Marineford. He needed blood from Jinbei at Fishman Island. He was off at Dressrosa. He was off after Sanji saved him in WCI.

He is usually off when he finally can have a rest. Only exception was Kuma in Thriller Bark where he couldn't have a rest yet.
- Awakened attacks have been shown to be tiring. Katakuri & Doffy are Paramecia not zoan but Law & Kid have commented about awakened special attacks.

- Luffy was good after a few hours and burned the going merry soon after his fight with lucci.

- Kaido commented that Luffy had trouble maintaining the form.

- Just because Lucci used awakening doesn't mean luffy should. This seem obessive and he might pay for it later when a real threat comes.

I assume you meant condesending, but I was literally just making a joke earlier on in the thread.

Don’t take what I say so seriously… :usoprice:
:beckmoji: It ani't sweet my boy, its just goofy.

H

Herrera95

- Awakened attacks have been shown to be tiring. Katakuri & Doffy are Paramecia not zoan but Law & Kid have commented about awakened special attacks.

- Luffy was good after a few hours and burned the going merry soon after his fight with lucci.

- Kaido commented that Luffy had trouble maintaining the form.

- Just because Lucci used awakening doesn't mean luffy should. This seem obessive and he might pay for it later when a real threat comes.
Katakuri and Doffy isn't showing anything related to be tired using awakening. Only Low and Mid.

Kaido also commented that he would win because his haki is better and haki overcomes DF powers.

There is nothing relating awakening to any sort of drawback.