General & Others This panel hits differently after Vegapunk's DF revelation

Hi everyone. I am reading this forum for quite some time, but finally decided to post something.
I was just talking with a friend today about recent chapters and suddenly reminded myself of what Blackbeard said:

Vegapunk says that devil fruits are basically people dreams. We also know that after DF user dies, fruit will respawn again, so potentially it will never die.
I wonder if Oda had it already planned back then and if Blackbeard has some knowledge of DF.

Hi everyone. I am reading this forum for quite some time, but finally decided to post something.
I was just talking with a friend today about recent chapters and suddenly reminded myself of what Blackbeard said:

Vegapunk says that devil fruits are basically people dreams. We also know that after DF user dies, fruit will respawn again, so potentially it will never die.
I wonder if Oda had it already planned back then and if Blackbeard has some knowledge of DF.
Blackbeard did have an encyclopedia, didn't he?
Post automatically merged:

Damn, y'all don't give mercy to lee.:kobeha::kobeha:
He comes up with irrelevant jibberish every day.

Yes, Oda had everything planned when he was in his Mom's womb. Oda had planned every single detail of One Piece.
Yeah, he doesn't plan anything. Everything being revealed now, that has links to preskip is all one big fucking coincidence.

*Oda reveals Nika fruit*

Editor: Oda! Could this perhaps pertain to the Sun God you wrote about in Skypiea?

Oda: Holy shit! I completely forgot about that! LUL... Hell no, I just came up with that yesterday......

Editor: But didn't you say that your favorite scene you ever drew was the one at the end of Skypiea that depicts Luffy in the current Sun God Nika pose?

Oda: What part about I just came up with that yesterday, do you not understand?

Last edited:
Yeah, he doesn't plan anything. Everything being revealed now, that has links to preskip is all one big fucking coincidence.

*Oda reveals Nika fruit*

Editor: Oda! Could this perhaps pertain to the Sun God you wrote about in Skypiea?

Oda: Holy shit! I completely forgot about that! LUL... Hell no, I just came up with that yesterday......

Editor: But didn't you say that your favorite scene you ever drew was the one at the end of Skypiea that depicts Luffy in the current Sun God Nika pose?

Oda: What part about I just came up with that yesterday, do you not understand?
If you want to believe that Oda planned all this including the Nika fruit then by all means, believe what you want. As for me, I am going to use my common sense and believe otherwise.

So, common sense tells you that everything we are learning now, that ties back to things written decades ago, is just one coincidence after another? Gotcha...
It has been discussed at ad nauseam on here how Nika wasn't planned and how Oda does callbacks instead of actual foreshadowing. If you want to believe Oda planned all this then there is nothing I can say to convince you. Oda is 50 years old, past his prime, and has deadlines he has to meet every single week, if you want to believe that he planned all this with that type of schedule at his age then like I said, there is nothing I can say to convince you.

If you want to believe that Oda planned all this including the Nika fruit then by all means, believe what you want. As for me, I am going to use my common sense and believe otherwise.
I am with you on this one. Oda gets too much credit for the foreshadowing stuff. He implements many concepts on the fly, for example, the worst generation.

I also have a suspicion that Oda improvised this Nika thing completely. He said he didnt know how Luffy will beat Kaido, then we suddenly got this Nika reveal.

Look at this SBS =>
D: Hey, Odacchi! I got a question! About Devil Fruits!! If Kaku and Kalifa said they wouldn't know what their Devil Fruit were until they ate it, how come Shanks knew what Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Mi was before he ate it?? Tell me! Tell me now!! Pleeeease tell me!!! P.N. Shirogitsunekko

O: Well, I think I'll eventually get to explaining more about Devil Fruits in the main story, but you see, there's a book of Devil Fruits. It has info about all kinds of fruit names and abilities, but few of the fruit can actually be identified by their shape. In the case of the Gomu Gomu no Mi, there was a picture and everything, but for Kaku and Kalifa, they were talking about how they wouldn't know until they had finally eaten the fruit. That was in Volume 40.
Now Vegapunk is saying gomu gomu is not in the devil fruit books smh

I am with you on this one. Oda gets too much credit for the foreshadowing stuff. He implements many concepts on the fly, for example, the worst generation.

I also have a suspicion that Oda improvised this Nika thing completely. He said he didnt know how Luffy will beat Kaido, then we suddenly got this Nika reveal.

Look at this SBS =>

Now Vegapunk is saying gomu gomu is not in the devil fruit books smh
It's not in any of the *old* devil fruit books. Vegapunk said nothing about any of the current devil fruit books.

And Oda already touched upon the whole foreshadowing things in an interview years ago where he used the Brook and Laboon situation as an example. It's not that he's foreshadowing things so far in advance, but rather setting up plots lines, and then he adds more and more to the story, and as time goes on, it seems like he planned it years in advance, when in reality, he himself just wasn't expecting it to take so long to get to the reveal.

We are literally told the World Government changed its name to hide its true name..... Where did they change the name at? DenDenpedia? :seriously:

Obviously it would have been changed in the only source that offers any type of information on Devil Fruits. Which is the Devil Fruit books.
Vegapunk clearly says, there is no gum gum fruit even in the oldest devil fruit. You are a native English speaker, you clearly understood what that means. Its ridiculous to think Vegapunk doesnt have access to the newer devil fruit books lol

Vegapunk clearly says, there is no gum gum fruit even in the oldest devil fruit. You are a native English speaker, you clearly understood what that means. Its ridiculous to think Vegapunk doesnt have access to the newer devil fruit books lol
The translation blatantly contradicts what we were told about the WG changing the name of the fruit. Like, there is legit no other source of information on Devil Fruits where they can change the name, to hide its true name.