Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1070 Spoilers Discussion

Who is the mysterious woman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Impact_Dial

Yes he is
All YC1’s have a special gimmick and Lucci’s is his Zoan DF awakening (Which not even the likes of KAIDO has achieved)

Then he’s taking attacks from Luffy
I just read this and I feel like putting a haki bullet through my head in the middle of an island on the calm belt. Maybe kuja kingdom after I have some fun over there.

Just saw the new images.

Super excited, man! There's a lot going on here. My first thought and question is - flee or fight? If they escape here, will not Kizaru and friends chase them anyways? The plot line here is interesting in multiple ways. One - the Strawhats might be able to fight these guys here, though obviously the Seraphim are terribly dangerous for some of the other Strawhat members. If they choose to flee and opt to wait for a more advantageous situation, then who knows what happens with Blackbeard on the move and the thing with the Sword members.

Could this all end up in a 3 or 4-way battle plot? Luffy and the Strawhats, Blackbeard Pirates, Sword Marines, and WG loyalist marines all ending up on the same island competing for the same objective more or less?

Regardless of how it turns out, my thoughts are this. If the WG has any sense, they will now put chasing Luffy as a very high priority. The reason being, obviously the longer the crew hosts Vegapunk the greater the risk he starts providing them "technological tweaks" and various upgrades and items, or helping them modify their ship and various devices. Surely by now the WG and Marines know that the Strawhats have Franky and a somewhat unique ship compared to their contemporaries. I doubt they would be comfortable with the risk. It's one of those things where they have to realize, the longer they wait with Luffy and the Strawhats, the more unkillable the crew will become.

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
Every single time people say that g5 Luffy is cool because he’s not edgy they always have some shitty tumblr/deviantart OC black form to post for comparisons.
Here’s the thing, an edgelord doesn’t mean someone cloaked in dark using blood/darkness as a weapon, by literal definition, an edgelord is someone that provokes with risqué behaviour, g5 Luffy uses “cartoon powers”, which allows him to ignore various form of pain and impose his will to others through his cartoon manipulation on enemies, all while making them look pathetic.
Making their opponents look like a joke, random psychotic laughs during their attacks, antisocial and anti authority behaviour, but still lived and worshipped by everyone that’s the best type of cocktail for an edgelord kid to self insert, and you come around with the cartoon bullshit, rofl, guess what Moonman is a cartoon, he’s white, has shades, antiauthority, antisemitic and if you were old enough to know about YTMND lore, you’d know he had toonforce too
Dude you can say whatever you want but you're splitting hairs and arguing semantics. Nobody that likes edgelord characters likes gear 5 because he's not an edgelord. Swinging around Kaido like mario does to bowser is not edgy. Jumping rope with him is not edgy. Turning your legs into wheels and then running like sonic or the roadrunner across the sky is not edgy. Turning into a giant head to cartoonishly eat the ground is not edgy. Creating goggles from your hair to put them on to do a slingshot attack is not edgy.

I think all of these things are actually cool because it's refreshing to see in a shonen and I like silly but effective ways of fighting. I think it's legitimately fucking awesome and sick. But its not edgy.

Looks like Oda might have saved the power scaling with this chapter.
It was worrying that Luffy went G5 to fight Lucci, however, the fact that he downed Lucci with 3 low level hits ( 2 of those without haki) saved it.

It also makes sense because Lucci could not have come out of the timeskip stronger than Luffy who went through special training with a top tier.

Lucci is still strong but not strong enough to hold his own against top tiers not fighting at their best. Basically, Lucci's performance here is several levels below Yamato's performance against Kaido, for example

And proceeded to do zero damage to Luffy. That ain't a YC1+
What characters do you have at YC1+, who aren't already Yonkou, Admirals, or characters like Mihawk/Garp who are already established long-known legends?

I've got Yamato, OG Kuma, Zoro, Jinbei, Sanji, Beckmann, Roo, Yasopp, Magellan, Judge, Shiryu, Burgess, Augur, off the top off my head.

I think Katakuri, Lucci, King, Ulti, Kaku, Doflamingo, Smoker, and Momo could get their soon, though.

Still really hard to scale the Seraphim since we haven't seen an extended fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.