Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
I don't think anyone said it is bad writing and you're taking this way too seriously lmao
So you telling me that folk are whining about good writing? :pepeke:

Yeah, I am probably am. The first symptom of that was joining an online weeb forum to butt heads with other weebs about Japanese comics. :madmonk:
The last 4 chapters have been tedious nevertheless, Hara is going overboard with showcasing how helpless & fragile Riboku is against this situation.
Riboku has been completely taken by surprised by a successful ambush, is being targeted simultaneously by every single Kanki Army character of note, all while he is defending his love interest.

The bloke isn't Moubu. Of course he is going to take Ls here.
There is in fact some inconsistency, Riboku is not supposed to be swatted in this manner by the likes of Ringyoku at least, unless you contribute that to Riboku being absolutely shook to the core, scared for his life and unable to function properly, which is absurd in itself since Riboku is one of the most experienced generals in the China.

Afterall this is the same man who sent post-Rinko Shin flying
Alright, I was going to go into a more detailed post about feats and stuff but a cold has buggered me up bad so I ain't feeling up to it since I felt like complete shit yesterday. :risitavirus:

To shorten it down, if you asked me where I thought Riboku is martially then I would say he would be comparable to somebody like Gokei. A strong warrior for sure, stronger than most but not a Top Tier. I am on a different Riboku boat to Xione and Lee. Lol.

Riboku himself is physically an unknown in feats but he does have some minor hype. So Hara has yet to scale Riboku to some actual feats.

Ringyoku is physically an unknown in both hype and feats so Hara can effectively make the guy however strong he wants here (within reason) in what is his first fight (not that him attacking a dismounted Riboku is indicative of who would win especially after the latter just had a run in with Shuma).

Shuma was a pure hype guy that was said to be comparable to Zenou and Rinko was an early series opponent that was martially skilled but not particularly physically strong.

In short, I don't see any problem here in terms of supposed contradictions.

Now to go back to coughing. :catcry:

Bruh Shanks, you really been on that Goatboku slander huh.

There's never been a situation like this before, comparing this to the situations you're mentioning is a super reach and then bringing up Ouki & Ousen who's scenarios are nothing like the ones you mentioned for Riboku.

-> Mf stalemated Ousen's army in the middle, which was then broken by Ousen's pincer from the HSU, which Riboku then countered pincer attack with his own. Once his pincer failed, he reformed his army & pulled off a successful retreat.
-> Yotanwa situation, he did reform his army, but into a retreat (Same shit as what Ousen did against Renpa). Since he analyzed that beating the Qin monkies here wouldn't leave him with the adequate forces to take on the Qin capital, thus no point in wasting life.

Ouki's situation was completely different. Ouki was engaged in a heated combat already, where he's surrounded. He then reassures his underlings that they aren't done yet, and forces up a path of retreat, before he'd die. However, there was no "Counter to strategy" here, it was simply forcing your way through the enemy forces to retreat with pure martial ability. Where he still had Moubu and somebody on par with him Tou.. right with him.

Ousen has never been in this situation. In the fight against Renpa he had his army fully intact, nothing like this one, which he just pulled into a retreat. At Shukai plains during the pincer, he was facing a small army from Bananji and Futei, while being the middle of his own HQ, where his son and his son's friend save his ass, and only after getting saved did he do any reformation, while again being in the middle of his own damn army, not being surrounded by the enemy's.

Like bro they're nothing alike.
Xione, you know it pretty well that Riboku didn't had any solution or counter for Red Crane Formation. Shiryuu even got pretty close to Riboku's HQ after slaying Earl and it was Houken's appearance which made Qin offense slowed down. I hope there isn't any doubt about that.

Ousen with his formation alone got into the frontlines of Riboku’s HQ. Riboku was really shaken up there when first his Formation got destroyed and later seeing Red Crane formation. Lol

Aa for HSU or pincer from the right, it came quite later than Shiryuu's unit was forced back by Houken's appearance. Also it wasn't just Ousen depending upon pincer but Riboku as well in the form of Bananji.

Lastly how could you write "successful retreat" when he had the numerical advantage all the time but it is that "successful retreat" which costs whole campaign, fame, territory etc. ? What kind of most dangerous man he is who can't formulate a strategy or had back up plan to counter such kind of situations ? While in Sai, he even guessed that they might be expecting a reinforcement (somewhere around 5th or 6th night).

He had the fucking elites of all great nations. He came with 40k around while got around 30k in the form of elites from other nations on 3rd day and even had Houken but the goat-G couldn't think of a way after regrouping to counter around 30k of mountain monkies but you say he did formulated a successful retreat !!

Xione, you know it pretty well that Riboku didn't had any solution or counter for Red Crane Formation. Shiryuu even got pretty close to Riboku's HQ after slaying Earl and it was Houken's appearance which made Qin offense slowed down. I hope there isn't any doubt about that.

Ousen with his formation alone got into the frontlines of Riboku’s HQ. Riboku was really shaken up there when first his Formation got destroyed and later seeing Red Crane formation. Lol

Aa for HSU or pincer from the right, it came quite later than Shiryuu's unit was forced back by Houken's appearance. Also it wasn't just Ousen depending upon pincer but Riboku as well in the form of Bananji.

Lastly how could you write "successful retreat" when he had the numerical advantage all the time but it is that "successful retreat" which costs whole campaign, fame, territory etc. ? What kind of most dangerous man he is who can't formulate a strategy or had back up plan to counter such kind of situations ? While in Sai, he even guessed that they might be expecting a reinforcement (somewhere around 5th or 6th night).

He had the fucking elites of all great nations. He came with 40k around while got around 30k in the form of elites from other nations on 3rd day and even had Houken but the goat-G couldn't think of a way after regrouping to counter around 30k of mountain monkies but you say he did formulated a successful retreat !!
- My guy his and Ousen's battle literally ended up in a stalemate, after the Red Crane Formation. So it's pointless to act like he didn't counter Ousen's tactics. Fact is both were on par after Ousen countered him and met up. After they met up, neither had the advantage and it was an even battle.

After that the big gal yes, was gaining momentum where Kaine was worried she'd get to the HQ. But did Riboku show the slightest worry about that? No. Did Hara show Riboku's reaction to the girl coming towards their HQ? No. Simply because Houken came there which resulted in the slow down, doesn't mean Riboku needed Houken in that situation lol. We don't know what Riboku would've done to counter that, but that doesn't change the reality that Riboku was worried or in danger from the big gal.

- Yes Ousen countered a formation of Riboku's, and after which both stalemated. But "Shaken up" is an exaggeration. Surprised? Yes, because Ousen exceeded Riboku's expectations.

- Did you forget that just like Shiryuu, Futei later tore through all the Ousen army that was attacking and reached the Ousen HQ to do the pincer with Bananji? What did Ousen do against Futei's advance? Nothing. Riboku's pincer came as a counter to Ousen, because Riboku had predicted the pincer from HSU would come, hence he spoke to Houken about Shin, hence Hara never bothers drawing "!" "?!" for Riboku when HSU hits him with the pincer. Did Ousen see Riboku's pincer coming? No sir he did not. Then Riboku's forces manage to reach Ousen and have him on death's row, before Qin could get to Riboku.. and Ousen even gets saved from death at the hands of Bananji and Futei by Ouhon and Mouten.. all before Qin could reach Riboku's HQ. And funny thing? Both Mouten & Ousen knew Riboku would escape successfully no matter what lmao.

But yea only after Ouhon & Mouten save Ousen from being less than 5 minutes away from death... does his lil "reforming" of the army come.

- Uhhh Riboku going that path was the back up plan? Since the main plan failed with Kanmei's death. And no he had 0 ideas about reinforcements, because he knew Qin didn't have a single force that could serve as reinforcement to Sai. That was the end all be all for Qin, and he was right in that. It took SHK's information lockdown of alliance with the mountain people (much like the info lockdown Boku pulled to make the Ouki situation happen) to pull off the surprise attack on Riboku, aka it took a whole different entity outside of Qin to save Qin. And of course Yotanwa being a Qin 6 level individual herself with an OP army.

- Riboku's forces weren't 40k+30k elites. It was 40k Zhao soldiers + 5k elite soldiers in total (1k from each state), who were there from day 1 of the battle at Sai. So in total Riboku had 45k, that had seiged the city for 6 days and conquered it on the 7th day, with Riboku wanting to save as much manpower as he could for Kanyou (since they also had to cross a river along the way lol, and I don't need to tell you how tough crossing a river is in Kingdom).

Riboku's forces over those 7 days had been cut down a bit from the 45k he originally had to around a similar number to that of Yotanwa. Yotanwa brought in 30k mfs, who were insanely strong vs your average Zhao soldier, which is what made up the bulk of Riboku's army. Riboku was confident that he could deal with them, by losing half his numbers, so he would have around 15k-20k left (Assuming Riboku lost 5k-10k soldiers over the 7 days of seiging). And for him those numbers were too little to go conquer Kanyou with, as that would be another siege + as mentioned the river.

If you think somebody with 30k-40k army after 7 days of sieging, is then going to take on Yotanwa + 30k of her army, and then be able to siege Kanyou successfully.. you're underestimating Yotanwa and the mountain people. He did the smart thing and pulled off a retreat instead of being an idiot and continue the fight. So yea a successful retreat.

This Red Crane Formation?

What do you mean Ri Boku had no answer? This was when things just started getting serious with Ri Boku.

In chapter 603, the night before this, Ri Boku learns Gyou was about to complete run out of food. The next morning, he changed his formations to much more aggressive.

In 607 this formation happens and by 611 the manga outright states neither side were able to get the upper hand.

Before 603, Ri Boku was confident he could defend indefinitely, and there really isn't any reason to doubt him. His army wasn't fighting on fumes, and they were fighting in his backyard to begin with.

The way you described the Red Crane - it's not that you simply didn't pay attention or misremembered, the problem is that you lack objectivity. Badly.

The facts and narrative don't support you, so you simply reject and substitute them with your own.

It's the exact same thing I've been at odds with both in this thread and that ridiculous fanboy circlejerk Kan Ki thread.

This Kingdom community, small as it is, does not care about facts.

I wish it did, this thread wouldn't be so boring.

Last edited:
I just hope Riboku proves all of us wrong and we get to see the monster he was always meant to be. I had given up on him but this Kanki confrontation is revitalizing my expectations.

Fingers crossed.
Based on history i zhao is the hardest to defeat by qin. I think at this momment Kanki will defeated by riboku and friends, the only way kanki can defeated is because his coward backstaber officer. He gamble everything but he destroy everything. After qin defeated, qinwill try to attack another country and later after conquer everything qin will back to zhao.

The scenario has been set. Cocky Bafuji bites off more than he could chew and gets pulverized by Zenou.

Zenou closes in while Riboku is dealing with Kanki. Bananji shows up at the last minute and sees his dead son, goes ape shit and we get the long-awaited duel.

Could be a neg-diff if Zenou's injuries are taken into account, but I'd prefer it ends up being a brutal showdown for both of them.

The scenario has been set. Cocky Bafuji bites off more than he could chew and gets pulverized by Zenou.

Zenou closes in while Riboku is dealing with Kanki. Bananji shows up at the last minute and sees his dead son, goes ape shit and we get the long-awaited duel.

Could be a neg-diff if Zenou's injuries are taken into account, but I'd prefer it ends up being a brutal showdown for both of them.
I better get that Bananji clown avatar ready. :pepebusi: