Spoiler One Piece Chapter 979 Spoilers Discussion

Who Would Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
So does this ‘swordsmen’ include shanks?
When an author labels someone as a 'Swordsman' he implies the whole individual and not simply the style.

If I say Shanks is a strong swordsman, I'm not saying he is strong just at that style, but as an individual.

You can't assert it's not implied that Swordsman doesn't equate = whole individual

Find me how many fictions feature the thing differently.

red dog interperetation was fine
wb had wsm while. he had roger as an equal.
Oh Christ, don't bring this up Lanji ma boi. The last time I tried using this as an argument, I was arguing with the entire Mihawk fanbase that was online at the time.

The debate ended up turning into me trying to convince them why, despite Whitebeard's title, Whitebeard and Roger were still equals. Was the first time in my life that I've argued with people who think Whiteberd was definitively stronger than Roger :goatasure:

Oh Christ, don't bring this up Lanji ma boi. The last time I tried using this as an argument, I was arguing with the entire Mihawk fanbase that was online at the time.

The debate ended up turning into me trying to convince them why, despite Whitebeard's title, Whitebeard and Roger were still equals. Was the first time in my life that I've argued with people who think Whiteberd was definitively stronger than Roger :goatasure:
Bro, I feel for you.

I rather believe title implies no one is beating you
it doesnt exclude someone being your equal.
willing to bet its prob similar with mihawk and shanks.being as they are always talked about as a pair.

I

tbh I have argued with more people here who think roger was stronger cause he was pk .

When an author labels someone as a 'Swordsman' he implies the whole individual and not simply the style.

If I say Shanks is a strong swordsman, I'm not saying he is strong just at that style, but as an individual.

You can't assert it's not implied that Swordsman doesn't equate = whole individual

Find me how many fictions feature the thing differently.
I know the meaning swordsman... i just calling at oda claiming that mihawk is the strongest when he made shanks as strong as him lol....

I know the meaning swordsman... i just calling at oda claiming that mihawk is the strongest when he made shanks as strong as him lol....
can be explained with roger wb despite roger having the title
irc the difference between top tiers is so marginal
in grandscheme of things
a high to extreme diff fight is generally in the same tier.
more likely shanks adapted but mihawk wont want to fight someone with an obvious handicap. fact he calls him weak could also implly mihawk think he had more potential than he has now with one arm. sacrifice for saving luffy.

For roger and wb case i believe those 2 have same strength as :
Pirate king - strongest + found laugh tale
WSM - strongest only
likely but I dont think this gen would have the same arguments with titles as we see here
luffy would prob be pk and definitively stronger than everyone else . I doubt he has an equal.
zoro will prob be wss and be stronger than every swordsman pure or not. I doubt he has one either.
the reason for this is unlike with wb, mihawk or kaido
we actually see them beating characters that might question a claim to their title.

Yes he is, Kizaru is both a swordsman and a sniper. He fought against Rayleigh with a sword, what more do you need to prove he is a swordsman???? How am I contradicting myself? In the anime Katakuri also shot bullets at Luffy.
He is Swordsman and Sniper and Brawler (Lightspeed kicks) and Light DF user who Moves LightSpeed but he is only Swordsman and lets ignore everything else ? ... that is where the concept of DF users who use DF for fighting dont count in the race for World Greatest Swordsman and they are not Pure Swordsman.... Kizaru's Weapon and Fighting Style is Light DF which he uses to fight as Brawler, Sniper, Swordsman...in short DevilFruit User

He is Swordsman and Sniper and Brawler (Lightspeed kicks) and Light DF user who Moves LightSpeed but he is only Swordsman and lets ignore everything else ? ... that is where the concept of DF users who use DF for fighting dont count in the race for World Greatest Swordsman and they are not Pure Swordsman.... Kizaru's Weapon and Fighting Style is Light DF which he uses to fight as Brawler, Sniper, Swordsman...in short DevilFruit User
Kizaru is simply very versatile, but he was able to fight and clash against Rayleigh. Rayleigh is a swordsman. Kizaru is also one.

One thing I noticed is that
  • Waiters have no horns

• Pleasures have 1 pointed horn

• Gifters have 2 horns

• Headliners have 2 horns that are curved

Going by the above:
  1. Headliners: Luffy, Zoro, Kidd
  2. Gifters: Nami, Killer
  3. Pleasures: Sanji, Chopper, Brooke, Heat
  4. Waiters: Wire (PostTS he has always had those 5 horns. so it doesn't look like he has any new one)
lanji a pleasure:suresure:

Oda literally states or hints that Shanks has something else besides just fighting with a sword with that SBS comment.
Shanks is still a swordsman.

And Zoro says to Cabaji (this dude used shit like fire, bayblades, etc besides swordsmanship) in the very first chapters that he doesn't care about how he fights but as long as he is considered a swordsman, he can't lose to him. Oda made things very clear that the Strongest Swordsman wouldn't lose to any swordsman, no matter how many additional skills they have besides swordsmanship, yet people stubborn :kayneshrug:

Mihawk is stronger than anyone who is considered & renowned as a swordsman in the OP world by default...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.