Spoiler One Piece Chapter 979 Spoilers Discussion

Who Would Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Enma stuff happened after he ran off the capital. What happen was that the killer fight happened, hyori gives off a little exposition, toko runs off, and he ends up in the capital. That wasn't really interesting. Zoro getting lost in Dressrosa was very lackluster as well. I'm saying based on how this plotline has gone the last couple of times. I don't really see this one going anywhere yet
Enma was offered to Zoro BECAUSE HE SAVED HIYORI. This is all the same plot line

Zoro got lost in Dressrosa so the he wouldnt join the colosseuem fight because the plot of the arc would've changed radically if he did.

If you are picking and choosing then I can do that too, Zoro found Kaku because he got lost in Ennies Lobby. Zoro found Ryuma same way and ended up fighting ohm in Skypiea the same way

If you want to pick and choose we xan do that all day

I'm asking what specific thing have you seen defends your point. Like have you seen that Zoro MUST fight in groups to win? Have you seen that Zoro MUST target his specific opponent and be led straight to them by an ally to win? Like what exactly says this is impossible?

Enma was offered to Zoro BECAUSE HE SAVED HIYORI. This is all the same plot line

Zoro got lost in Dressrosa so the he wouldnt join the colosseuem fight because the plot of the arc would've changed radically if he did.

If you are picking and choosing then I can do that too, Zoro found Kaku because he got lost in Ennies Lobby. Zoro found Ryuma same way and ended up fighting ohm in Skypiea the same way

If you want to pick and choose we xan do that all day

I'm asking what specific thing have you seen defends your point. Like have you seen that Zoro MUST fight in groups to win? Have you seen that Zoro MUST target his specific opponent and be led straight to them by an ally to win? Like what exactly says this is impossible?
Yes the zoro getting lost plotline was executed better pre ts. As of recently like I said, it hasn't been as entertaining or interesting. Basing it off recent things, I don't see it leading to anything interesting, if Oda proves me wrong then so be it. But the getting lost of the Inu was 99% offscreened and the Killer fight was underwhelming. The payoff for that really happened much later and the stuff in between wasn't intresting

That doesn't always make it an interesting plot line. The end result is solid but the means to the end aren't executed as solidly
You're entire thing is about how much YOU LIKE IT?

I thought your argument was about you having some kind of exact proof that the plot line will not go a specific way. If your entire thing is about whether YOU LIKE IT or not then just say that. Don't go claiming it's literally not going anywhere like you know something. It's just your feelings and nothing else

Yes the zoro getting lost plotline was executed better pre ts. As of recently like I said, it hasn't been as entertaining or interesting. Basing it off recent things, I don't see it leading to anything interesting, if Oda proves me wrong then so be it. But the getting lost of the Inu was 99% offscreened and the Killer fight was underwhelming. The payoff for that really happened much later and the stuff in between wasn't intresting
Those are your feelings I guess.

I'm saying its contrived. Zoro meeting Otsuru, meet Hiyori, meeting Gyugimaru....etc... I'm thinking, really?!
Yes I understand the end results but the in between wasn't as interesting. The best part was him meeting Luffy and fighting together against Hawkins. Meeting Hyori and Gyukimaru are also important plot points that move the sotry forward but the way it's set up like you said is contrived and not as interesting as the other times where it has been executed well

It's far less contrived then what going on with Zoro.
Oh so whirlpools somehow spitting people on land exactly where the plot requires them is not contrived. You mean like luffy falling asleep in the middle of a war while looking for Crocodile and then waking up exactly next to where Crocodile right when the story needs it.

Wow, it's ALMOST LIKE THE STORY NEEDS TO HAPPEN OR SOMETHING

Orochi looked right at Zoro when he was gonna get cut down and Zoro's exact face has been on wanted posters for over two weeks and King is a beast pirate do he has access to wanted posters and could just have easily looked at the wanted posters when Hawkins reported that luffy atgnd his crew were in Wano.

So orochi and king have both seen Zoro's face.

What you are saying is that they are waiting to tell Zoro they killed his father when they see him and Zoro is going to CARE???

And this will somehow matter to the plot .

First off, I know that orochi has seen him.

But what I mean is, they don't know him truely.
What are the odds, that a pregnant woman is send off from wano to the east blue about 20 years ago and that child coming back to wano as a pirate?

And most probably, only a few shimotsuki knew about ushimarus son, aka zoro, because ushimaru and the other daimyos were about to revolt, so he most likely hadn't told anybody about a woman who was pregnant with his child and send them to shimotsuki village in the east blue, so that his child would be safe.

So they didn't realize it at this point.
All of that is my theory, I'm not stating anything as a fact (just to be clear).

And zoro is not going to care, which I pointed out by saying "avenging". You see the " "?

Just that he will defeat them.

And what this has to do with plot relevance? Well, you get to know the background of the first mate of luffy. I don't know about anybody else but I'm interested in it 🤷‍♂️

+ this would fit with yasuie shimotsuki's plotline and aftermath.

Depending on oda, there could be a few other points which would be relevant.

For example, zoro was interested in the nidai kitetsu. What if that was the sword of his father and the one whom tenguyama awaits is zoro (and not the kouzikis. He never said for whom he waited).
So at the end, zoro will get a justification to get a stronger sword than his current one.

Considering his personality, he would not switch it just because it is a better grade and letting the sandai kitetsu break would be pretty lame at this point of the story.

And so on.

Of course, non of that has to happen 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.