Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Let's just not attack the actors though

they all seem like great people, that really gave their all into becoming these characters

i think it's just gonna come down to One Piece being impossible to adapt to live action lmao
It's also important to remember that live action is a different medium. Not all aspects of OP should even be transfered to the screen.

It's better to give them leeway to try and come up with sensible ways to work around the limitations of the medium than to attack them for not filming a fight scene 1:1 for example

Did you guys know artur library of ohara? I've seen his tweet about people opinion about luffy wearing sneakers and not using sandals. How can be he say that "too many people don't understand what a live action adaptation really is". I mean, i know he is one of biggest one piece fans, but why did he feels like he is the one who understand about it. I don't know if he is active in this forum too or not, but i hope he is read it. Stop overacting about it. And i'm sorry for saying this, stop talking b*llsh*t. :kuzanshut:

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
Did you guys know artur library of ohara? I've seen his tweet about people opinion about luffy wearing sneakers and not using sandals. How can be he say that "too many people don't understand what a live action adaptation really is". I mean, i know he is one of biggest one piece fans, but why did he feels like he is the one who understand about it. I don't know if he is active in this forum too or not, but i hope he is read it. Stop overacting about it. And i'm sorry for saying this, stop talking b*llsh*t. :kuzanshut:
Arthur is like r/OnePiece incarnate

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
Artur is that kid in class who thinks he knows it all.

Apollo

The Sol King
I don't even know who Artur is.

u dont understand the HATE i have for him :seriously:

He's right people crying over Luffy wearing shoes are being pedantic

Last edited:

With all respect, this guy is a complete idiot, he think he own the manga and is the only one that understand it and freak when the bullshit he talk dont happen.

I think people cry too much about adaptations, expecially with some minor details that of course will be different, like Luffy not wearing sandals, but as a big fan i understand that a lot of those details just show that the production isnt caring that much about the care needed to adapt a work as big as One Piece.

Think One Piece is on the same lvl of Lord of the Rings on the care that should be put on a adaptation, and we can clearly see the difference when the care is put and when not in the difference between Jackson adaptation, that change a lot but is good, while the Amazon one is pure shit.

And about those YouTubers, they will say anything is good because they want to get ad-money from Netflix and early acess to the series to make views, its ok because its how they make a living, the problem is more on some people that have become fans of OPturbers and deffedn anything they say lol

I still don’t understand how this series is going to work…

However, I really hope the SH actors have good chemistry.
imo, the only way to adapt it into something not garbage was to make changes (which would ofc get backlash, so itd really only work if non-fans buy into it)

for example: I wouldnt be mad if they ditched zoros 3rd sword honestly, its gonna look dumb.
also, they dont need to be inline with the attacks that characters use. Luffy shouldnt be too big of an issue, but Zoro and Sanji should be more centered around realism.

As far as say fishmen, its achievable and I again wouldnt mind redesigns for it to be practical. (like for Hatchan to look more like the dude from Pirates of the Car.)

otherwise, I'd be completely fine if they used a different but similiar style of comedy. Like goofy but not stupid (like Who Framed Roger Rabbit stupid). Which is much simpler to achieve in these earlier arcs, as most the humor is more or less dumb moments/comments from Luffy, or them reacting to stuff in a way thats funny.

Now, changes like this will radicalize the fanbase and itll be reviewbombed. So theyll have to go with a much more manga-accurate version that looks like it was fanmade.

imo, the only way to adapt it into something not garbage was to make changes (which would ofc get backlash, so itd really only work if non-fans buy into it)

for example: I wouldnt be mad if they ditched zoros 3rd sword honestly, its gonna look dumb.
also, they dont need to be inline with the attacks that characters use. Luffy shouldnt be too big of an issue, but Zoro and Sanji should be more centered around realism.

As far as say fishmen, its achievable and I again wouldnt mind redesigns for it to be practical. (like for Hatchan to look more like the dude from Pirates of the Car.)

otherwise, I'd be completely fine if they used a different but similiar style of comedy. Like goofy but not stupid (like Who Framed Roger Rabbit stupid). Which is much simpler to achieve in these earlier arcs, as most the humor is more or less dumb moments/comments from Luffy, or them reacting to stuff in a way thats funny.

Now, changes like this will radicalize the fanbase and itll be reviewbombed. So theyll have to go with a much more manga-accurate version that looks like it was fanmade.
Regarding your Zoro comment, I would also be fine of they dropped Zoro’s third sword for combat scenes. I would be ok if live action Zoro carries Wado at his side but doesn’t use it. It could be a tribute for Kuina. I guess the live action could use cgi for Zoro’s third sword but that might look goofy.