General & Others The Romance dawn Trio Discussion

To quote the guy that convinced me:
"I don't really have much to add other than the fact that I think Kid will play a prominent role going forward. But about lodestar, I've been thinking for a while now that Kid would be the major antagonist there and the main reason for that is because the island thematically represents Kid as a character and his abilities.
In sailing terms a "lodestar" is usually referred to as the "North Star" or "Pole Star" and as we all know a compass always points North due to the Magnetic Field. As we all know Kid’s ability allows him to create magnetic fields around him. Furthermore, the term “lode” literally refers to a collection or vein of metal ore which we know is what Kid uses to attack.
From these two things alone we can see the island is being built around two things, The ‘final’ destination and magnetism (Of course we know that laugh tale is the final destination, but symbolically Lodestar is the “end of the road” kind of island). People may see this as a ‘reach’ but Oda ALWAYS heavily creates antagonists that fit thematically to an arc. Just a few examples:
- The underground broker hidden in the shadows, uses sand abilities, Crocodile in a desert arc (Alabasta)
- A God high up in the skies, uses lightning abilities, Enel in a Sky arc (Skypeia)
- A Gluttonous witch-like queen, uses soul-based abilities, Big Mom in an arc about food and based on European fairy tales (Whole Cake Island)
There’s A LOT more but I don’t want to waste time. You can obviously see how an island based on metal and magnetism would be about Eustass Kid. But even more than that, thematically it fits Kid’s character. The “North Star” (Lodestar) is said to be the brightest star in the night sky (As a saying, its not actually the brightest lol) and what better way to represent that than having the last two supernova’s (Literally some of the brightest explosions in the universe) fight it out at the very end of their adventure, to see who truly is the brightest (Obviously it’s going to be Luffy). Once Luffy wins then their relationship and arc can finally end with Kid acknowledging Luffy and recognizing his own faults. I think Luffy and Kid will always be competitive but their relationship (imo) is supposed to grow as they gain more respect for one another. I HEAVILY doubt that Oda would mention an island like “lodestar” and not visit it or do anything interesting with it.
Also as a side note, I think the previous user of Kid’s devil fruit is what artificially created the random magnetic fields in the grandline which would again add another interesting tidbit to his character. All this to say that, while he doesn’t seem important to you all now, there are MANY MANY things Oda can do with his character and of course I can be wrong but I think it’s a bit disingenuous to say that he’ll be irrelevant after Wano."
Since Nami is the navigator, and since the Log Pose will be tilting around the whole arc (probably influenced by Kidd's magnetism too) her duty will be to overcome it and find the route.

side reason ---> Nami is Kidd's gal :goyea:
Interesting. Thank you sharing. :myman:

What do you guys think Oda meant when he called these three the "trigger" of One Piece?

Seems like as if they're fated for some critical moment.

Additionally, the way Oda decided to separate the three of them in front of Blackbeard. That white as sheet background, zoomed out spread, and just four people with those words in big speech bubbles.

Might be subtly building towards a big moment involving these 3 tbh. It can't be unintentional

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
What do you guys think Oda meant when he called these three the "trigger" of One Piece?

Additionally, the way Oda decided to separate the three of them in front of Blackbeard. That white as sheet background, zoomed out spread, and just four people with those words in big speech bubbles.

Might be subtly building towards a big moment involving these 3 tbh. It can't be unintentional
Luffy and Zoro is pretty clear, Nami the only left here.
I know she has a lot of panel time, but Post TS, her narrative importance has been average(probably due to the lack of focus in adventure).

I legit expect big things from Nami, but the question is: When? We're nearly to EOS and we are on the verge of entering a final war, maybe she will share the leading role of Elbaf's arc with Ussop? Let's see.

I think it has something to do with the Ancient Weapons...

It’s likely just that they were the first characters Oda created.

We see Zoro and Namis likeliness in Odas initial work “Monsters” and with Luffy being the protagonist he was obviously the first character Oda fleshed out in his plan.

As for future importance, I think Nami will do on the final arc the same thing she did in Skypeia, take Luffy to the main enemy. In skypeia it was on a ski that only she could control, I’m assuming in the final war it’ll be on Zeus which goes with the “Monkey King” thing Oda does with Luffy

It’s likely just that they were the first characters Oda created.

We see Zoro and Namis likeliness in Odas initial work “Monsters” and with Luffy being the protagonist he was obviously the first character Oda fleshed out in his plan.

As for future importance, I think Nami will do on the final arc the same thing she did in Skypeia, take Luffy to the main enemy. In skypeia it was on a ski that only she could control, I’m assuming in the final war it’ll be on Zeus which goes with the “Monkey King” thing Oda does with Luffy
Being first to create won't make them trigger/detonator of One Piece. They're also the three involved in BB scene deliberately, when Oda could choose to only have Luffy in the big spread.

These three might be destined to some big event leading to the start of final arc or war or something related to OP in particular. Though up for interpretation, I guess.

The Color walk statement is used as brainless propaganda without knowing the actual context

Oda is referring to the SH Crew as The main protagonist and

THERE WERE ONLY 3 SHs till then. USOPP has not joined then.

The quote is from Page 28 of color walk 1

And here is the timeline for the pages mentioned in Color walk 1 table of contents

So the quote is from before 1st December 1997

Usopp arc serialised in 1998
https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Real-Life_Timeline

The Romance Dawn trio is fan made

Last edited:
The Color walk statement is used as brainless propaganda without knowing the actual context

Oda is referring to the SH Crew as The main protagonist and

THERE WERE ONLY 3 SHs till then. USOPP has not joined then.

The quote is from Page 28 of color walk 1

And here is the timeline for the pages mentioned in Color walk 1 table of contents

So the quote is from before 1st December 1997

Usopp arc serialised in 1998
https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Real-Life_Timeline

The Romance Dawn trio is fan made
Imagine wasting even 1 minute to tell someone that Oda doesn't know who are the most important characters. :rolaugh: