But wasn't the lack of unity responsible for his defeat? I believe it is the natural result of so many conquerors together
This the whole difference between the sh and Blackbeard and rocks crew but they are pushing this for agenda, while some of the sh are rather weak, they will not abandon Luffy as opposite to the 2 other crew:endthis:

Thats what im thinking

The more Sanji and Luffy engage in tough fights, the more they will start losing their minds. Luffy becomes "the Mask" the more he fights, and Sanji might start acting weird, basically changing his whole personality.

There has to to be at least a reason for Oda naming Sanji's awakening chapter as Warrior of Science, and Luffy's as Warrior of Liberation... That might be the reason, or not, but i still think that what i said earlier about Sanji's potential CoC awakening is one of the most probable ones of happening, despite of what route Oda chooses for Luffy
It also makes a callback to when Zoro told him to get a grip, only this time, it won't be so easy from the will of the fruit.