Controversial Which franchise is the best: Star Wars or LOTR?

R1:Which one is better?/R2: Which one you enjoy more?

• Total voters

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
โ€ขbetween these two franchises, which is the best, and which is your favorite?
โ€ขAlso, which of these franchises has better:
Round 1: Movies
Round 2: Main Character
Round 3: Side Characters
Round 4: Villains
Round 5: World Building
Round 6: Design
Round 7: Songs/OST
Round 8: Games
Round 9: Prequel Movies
Round 10: TV Shows
โ€ขFinal Question: Which franchise is more iconic?

Vs
I love both but universes but LOTR takes it by a landslide in terms of writing level.

โ€ขbetween these two franchises, which is the best, and which is your favorite?
โ€ขAlso, which of these franchises has better:
Round 1: Movies
Round 2: Main Character
Round 3: Side Characters
Round 4: Villains
Round 5: World Building
Round 6: Design
Round 7: Songs/OST
Round 8: Games
Round 9: Prequel Movies
Round 10: TV Shows
โ€ขFinal Question: Which franchise is more iconic?
Actually, I don't think LOTR can win any of these. Star Wars movies are just more iconic, their characters are more iconic, Vader by far is the most famous villain of all time, world building is a lot better (LOTR just isn't as explored), OST still Star Wars better, games, EVEN prequel movies - The Hobbit sucks so badly.

TV shows goes to SW easily.

The only category LOTR can win in are books, and you did not even mention that one.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
Actually, I don't think LOTR can win any of these. Star Wars movies are just more iconic, their characters are more iconic, Vader by far is the most famous villain of all time, world building is a lot better (LOTR just isn't as explored), OST still Star Wars better, games, EVEN prequel movies - The Hobbit sucks so badly.

TV shows goes to SW easily.

The only category LOTR can win in are books, and you did not even mention that one.
Everything you just said is wrong.

EVEN prequel movies
The star wars prequels are synonmous with greedy, underperforming, objectively bad movies that are only popular thanks to nostalgia. Star wars has noooo room to talk.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
Haaaa but The Hobbit is legitimately unwatchable.
So are the prequels.
You know I'm right. Majority of people will know SW via popular culture alone, LOTR not nearly as much.
Star Wars wins out in popularity because it's marketed towards children whereas until the late 70s, the LOTR were very thick tomes that were harder to get into. Popularity isn't quality though.

So are the prequels.

Star Wars wins out in popularity because it's marketed towards children whereas until the late 70s, the LOTR were very thick tomes that were harder to get into. Popularity isn't quality though.
Nope, the prequels have a lot of great things about them.

Huuuh? LOTR is literally marketed towards children too, Hobbit is a children's book. Plus the movies were made in modern times so they had the opportunity to become more popular among youth, yet Star Wars from the 70s and 80s is still above all.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
Nope, the prequels have a lot of great things about them.

Huuuh? LOTR is literally marketed towards children too, Hobbit is a children's book. Plus the movies were made in modern times so they had the opportunity to become more popular among youth, yet Star Wars from the 70s and 80s is still above all.
The prequels are utter dog shit tho. It's a green screened mess with bad acting, bad writing and directed by a man who wrote the scripts in one draft to sell toys.

So a book from 1938 is supposed to compete with two trilogies of movies? Yes, Star Wars reached a wider audience for two decades before LoTR got a proper movie adaption.. After 2/3 of the prequel movies already came out. At the very least, LoTR hit the same demographic with two decades less of a base.

The prequels are utter dog shit tho. It's a green screened mess with bad acting, bad writing and directed by a man who wrote the scripts in one draft to sell toys.

So a book from 1938 is supposed to compete with two trilogies of movies? Yes, Star Wars reached a wider audience for two decades before LoTR got a proper movie adaption.. After 2/3 of the prequel movies already came out. At the very least, LoTR hit the same demographic with two decades less of a base.
As opposed to The Hobbit, which makes you enjoy dwarfs drinking and barfing? :usoprice:

Don't make it like a lot of people read books, they do not. It's the movies which really managed to catapult LOTR as high as it is. And we are comparing the og trilogies (SW and LOTR) and the prequels (so eps I II III and Lamebbit 1 2 3)