One Piece Chapter 1,075: " Labo Phase Death Game "

Rate ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on the chapter:

As we know from the start there are two sides involved at the moment. The first is the side of the SHP/Vegapunk and the second is the side of the WG (represented by CP0). With the revelation of the traitor amongst their ranks, and with S-Hawk and S-bear attacking not only Zoro and Luffy, but also Lucci and Kaku, it gets clear that we now have at least three parties who want to enforce their interest upon the other two.

But, I think the sides are not as clear as you might think they are as of now.

The real threat here is the person who has first shut down the dome, so that CP0 could approach into the Labo-Phase and is now making sure that no one can escape (though making the dome unable to be shut down) and that the Vegapunks are killed. In other words: The person, who is now doing all those bad things is the one that works for the WG. Because those were the exact same goals the WG had from the beginning: Making sure that no one escapes from the island and killing all the Vegapunks.

The problem with the traitor is confusing, but there are many implications to what we are dealing with and who is enforcing the orders of the WG here.

That I think that Stussy is still the traitor is still not changing. The chapter even makes me more confident in my approach. Because look at the groups. Even if one of the Vegapunks was the traitor. That guy needed to at least disappear for the time it takes to knock off the transponder snails, without the other persons in the group noticing. But there is no one from the search groups seemingly missing or reported missing. And we already know that the traitor must be someone who knew that Pythagoras was in building C on the 3rd floor – because he gave Shaka and the poeple around him info that he could not find anything there and was attacked shortly after. This in reverse means that at least one person is making use of a hologram here to be at two places at the same time without anyone noticing. And why not making a hologram of Stellar or one of the Satellites or even a Gorosei to use this and order the Seraphim around? This way it could be everybody who knew that Phtagoras was in building C – even Stussy.

And look how the dynamic of each group is depicted. Everyone is getting easily distracted by one or another matter, which they are discussing (Bubble gun, exchangeable faces, diamonds, etc.). The only exception is Stussy. Because when Sanji distracted her with his usual antics, she easily brought the focus back on finding the Stellar with her answer. Even on Jinbe’s comment she had the perfect answer – along the line of: Be carefull, there are weapons here which should not break (The WG is after all very eager to get their hands on Vegapunk’s weapons). She has no intention to be distracted from her job.

Interesting is the part at the end, at which S-Bear and S-Hawk are trying to kill Lucci and Kaku. Why are they now targeted by the WG? They are from the WG after all.

As I said before, since the beginning of Egghead, I have the assumption that Lucci is not anymore taking their orders as priority as we have seen him doing during Water 7. And now that the Seraphim are out there to kill him shows us that actually the WG is indeed there to kill him and Kaku as well. The underlining backstory which explains why the WG wants them death is still not revealed. But as I explained earlier, it could very well have something to do with Shaka, as both Lucci and Shaka are twin-like persons who are exactly the same (body-posture – constantly shoving their hands into their pockets, eloquent speech, intellect, excepting sacrafices for a greater good, even their names are mirroring each other Shaka (Buddha) and Lucci (Lucifer)).

Stussy is born as a clone to Vegapunk. This means she knows Lucci and Shaka. At the same time she has been a CP0-member for years now. She both knew them and could very well let the WG be informed about it. It would also fit with the image of what we always saw whenever Oda showed us what Lucci and Kaku were doing as CP0 members after Dressrosa. Because Stussy was always with them at all times (Reverie, Lucci’s call during Wano, now on Egghead). Always in the background and making sure both – or especially Lucci – was not doing something he should not. In other words – she was watching him.

This leaves the question of what side Kaku and Lucci are currently on. Because it is not the side of the WG, seeing as they want to eliminate those two. They are as of now wildcards whose goals are still to be known (it is not their mission anymore to killVegapunk, since Lucci made that clear that his prioritiesare laying elsewhere since the beginning of Egghead-story).

I will step a little out of my comfort-zone, now:

There is also the question on what side Kaku and Lucci are leaving Egghead. With Kaku so overjoyed in seeing all those futuristic inventions, my bet is that he is going to join Vegapunk and his Satellits. He loves technic and has shown on multiple occasions that Egghead is just like a big theme park for him. It is quite endering to watch him aweing over all those inventions.

That leaves Lucci. Without him being able to return to the WG, because they want to kill him, he is in need of a new home – or place to stay. And according to a mathematical approach, Lucci would fit the requirement for the last seat on the Sunny. Because, Some people here and there on the internet have made a numerical/mathematical approach of predicting the last Straw hat member, seeing as Oda likes to work with those things in his manga as well (Source: https://www.crunchyroll.com/de/anim...-used-math-to-guess-the-next-straw-hat-pirate ). Up until now every Devil fruit-user on the Sunny has eaten a fruit that corresponded/sounds with/like two Japanese numbers from 1-10 (You are not able to do that with most other DF-names of other users – I have tried it. And the possibility of all DF-user of the Straw hats being able to do that with their DF-name is just too low to be a coincidence.):

Luffi: Gomu – 5 and 6

Robin: Hana – 8 and 7

Chopper: Hito – 1 and 10

Brook: Yomu – 4 and 3

That leaves 2 and 9.

With his Neko neko no mi Lucci comes very close to ni = 2 and Ko = 9. The difference is the `e´ in the `ne´ in “neko” in contrast to `ni´ in the number 2. However, what many people do not know is that the `ni´ sound of the number 2 is pronounced `ne´ in Japanese. That means the actual pronunciation of 2 and 9 together is `ne-ko´. So, there we go with the numerical approach – fits like a glove… . Thanks Oda for the hint.

But then again – it doesn’t have to proof anything. Let’s just enjoy how the story will evolve.

sanji has always been a simp he legit almost died of a nosebleed cause he touched a woman lol
He’s even more of a simp now than he used to be. I don’t recall almost every panel of his being used to make him lust over women. He‘s been doing it EVERY. SINGLE. FREAKIN’. TIME. :catcry:

It’s somehow gotten more annoying. This is the main thing that keeps me from actually liking his character. He has his good moments, but this repetitive gag Oda keeps pushing outweighs them.

It’s not funny if the same joke is made so many times, and it’s not character development either. I don’t look at Sanji asking to be Stussy’s dog and getting a good ol’ jolly belly laugh like Santa Claus over here. Why? Because it’s not funny. :chirstsad:

It’d be different if he only acted this way once or twice per arc, but it‘s been happening constantly. The fact that he even offered to be someone’s pet is further destroying what little respect I have for him.

Is he just a gag character now? I wouldn’t be surprised if his dream of finding the All Blue or that Phoenix draft leak thing that might’ve not even been real doesn’t happen.

He was actually tolerable during Whole Cake Island, even when he was around Pudding he didn’t act like this. Although, him not wanting to be there and being worried about his friends probably had something to do with it.

When do the characters actually develop? The character development is so hardly noticeable that it doesn’t feel like it’s actually happening at all. Physical strength alone doesn’t make up for a character’s shortcomings.

Characters like Usopp and Chopper have been on the back burner for quite some time, and I don‘t know what’s going on with Brook honestly.

If we get another Straw Hat, they need to be given equal treatment. All of the Straw Hats should, but perhaps it’s not always possible or easy to do. I’m sure more of an effort could be made.

All in all, there’s too many gags being spammed during this arc. I hope it’s only temporary.

A chapter with straw hats as the focus, solid humor and fun dynamics.

A good chapter.
This is the type of chapters that is pretty boring when reading spoilers as not much "hype" happens, but I actually enjoyed it. It's good to have the entire crew featured in the chapter after Wano.
Also it made me realize how I would prefer if Egghead was more focused on the crew hats without all this panel time dedicated to Bonney even if Kuma backstory interests me.

This is the type of chapters that is pretty boring when reading spoilers as not much "hype" happens, but I actually enjoyed it. It's good to have the entire crew featured in the chapter after Wano.
Also it made me realize how I would prefer if Egghead was more focused on the crew hats without all this panel time dedicated to Bonney even if Kuma backstory interests me.
Exactly. It’s not hype, it’s not something you can powerscale, but it’s a chapter that I really enjoyed because the straw hats are the focus. Yes the punks are there, but they’re literally treated as backup characters for the straw hats to play off of and not the focus (as they should be).

All in all, it’s a good chapter.

That Luffy and Zoro faces were hilarious. Lucci and Kaku asking to work together totally caught me off guard wtf lol 🤣🤣🤣

Vegapunk being a genius scientist doesn't think of a back up plan on how to stop the Seaphims it's so weird

The fact that the Seraphims are atacking must mean one of two things. The Gorosei is already on the island or two Vegapunk really is the traitor somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.