Questions & Mysteries Is Shanks afraid of Eustass Kidd?

Is Shanks afraid of the "New Era"?

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Rereading chap. #1076, it stuck out to me just how vast Shanks' forces were on Elbaf. Not only does Shanks have his individual strength + his powerful crew, he also has the allied and subordinate pirates with him as well. Essentially his version of the Grand Fleet.

And also... Very much like what Whitebeard came to Marineford with; The full force of Whitebeard's influence that he used to take on the Navy + Shichibukai.

And on top of having his Grand Fleet and Crew assembled on Elbaf, we find out that this region of Elbaf (if not the entire island) is so infatuated with Shanks that they want to pay him tribute, want to be taken out to see, find him incredibly handsome, etc. His ties to Elbaf go so deep that the world renowned and feared Elbaf Pirate Captains Dorry & Broggy call him a brother... And Shanks personally asked them to assist him in battle.

He's asking the Elbaf Pirates to help him out against Kidd... And if that wasn't bad enough, Shanks is still trying to deescalate the situation by bargaining with Kidd and using his overwhelming military might to intimidate him.

So Shanks has his crew at full power, his grandfleet and the Elbaf Giants all there ready to fight... Kidd and Killer. And he's still not willing to go right to fists, he's doing everything in his power to avoid a fight. Shanks has more power concentrated right now than Whitebeard had running into the War of the Best. Let me just rephrase that again.

Shanks' total strength > Whitebeard Pirates during Marineford and he still doesn't want to fight Kidd.

My only question left is one that Shanks himself has asked...

@Roo @ReggieZoldyck21 @rerere @Pantheos @Peroroncino @Read no Mi @Monkey D Theories @Shiroyru @ShishioIsBack @HA001 OF THE RAIN @Albino 👑 @EtenBoby @Meeyori @Mr. Reloaded @Blackbeard @Erkan12 @Red Admiral

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
And a quick addendum to the OP;

Blackbeard, a New Era Yonko, attacked Kidd's virtual equal Trafalgar Law with only 3 of his officers. And two of them are going to be defeated by Usopp & Chopper, the other being a top 3 subordinate.

I think Oda is making a big statement here about the power of the New Era compared to the old. Someone like Shanks knows he's on limited time and isn't going to take risks, whereas Blackbeard is the up & coming world's strongest and shows no fear.

Rereading chap. #1076, it stuck out to me just how vast Shanks' forces were on Elbaf. Not only does Shanks have his individual strength + his powerful crew, he also has the allied and subordinate pirates with him as well. Essentially his version of the Grand Fleet.

And also... Very much like what Whitebeard came to Marineford with; The full force of Whitebeard's influence that he used to take on the Navy + Shichibukai.

And on top of having his Grand Fleet and Crew assembled on Elbaf, we find out that this region of Elbaf (if not the entire island) is so infatuated with Shanks that they want to pay him tribute, want to be taken out to see, find him incredibly handsome, etc. His ties to Elbaf go so deep that the world renowned and feared Elbaf Pirate Captains Dorry & Broggy call him a brother... And Shanks personally asked them to assist him in battle.

He's asking the Elbaf Pirates to help him out against Kidd... And if that wasn't bad enough, Shanks is still trying to deescalate the situation by bargaining with Kidd and using his overwhelming military might to intimidate him.

So Shanks has his crew at full power, his grandfleet and the Elbaf Giants all there ready to fight... Kidd and Killer. And he's still not willing to go right to fists, he's doing everything in his power to avoid a fight. Shanks has more power concentrated right now than Whitebeard had running into the War of the Best. Let me just rephrase that again.

Shanks' total strength > Whitebeard Pirates during Marineford and he still doesn't want to fight Kidd.

@Roo @ReggieZoldyck21 @rerere @Pantheos @Peroroncino @Read no Mi @Monkey D Theories @Shiroyru @ShishioIsBack @HA001 OF THE RAIN @Albino 👑 @EtenBoby @Meeyori @Mr. Reloaded @Blackbeard @Erkan12 @Red Admiral
Marine brought 3 admirals + 2 legends + 1 WSS + 4 warlords + 100K solders for 1 sick Yonko and his crew

what? you expect people not using their rightful power just to be polite in front of the enemy?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Marine brought 3 admirals + 2 legends + 1 WSS + 4 warlords + 100K solders for 1 sick Yonko and his crew

what? you expect people not using their rightful power just to be polite in front of the enemy?
The marines profit from a total route of the WB pirates, bringing overwhelming force is a tactical advantage.

Shanks is bringing everything Whitebeard brought and more to take on Kidd and Killer. And he's still trying to negotiate with him.

Shanks does NOT want to fight Kidd even with his outrageous advantage.

The marines profit from a total route of the WB pirates, bringing overwhelming force is a tactical advantage.

Shanks is bringing everything Whitebeard brought and more to take on Kidd and Killer. And he's still trying to negotiate with him.

Shanks does NOT want to fight Kidd even with his outrageous advantage.
so Shanks fears Kid more than Marine?
cause Shanks only went there by his crew?

Shanks has a special relationship with Sengoku & the Gorosei lol. That's not even the same thing.
and with Teach as well? he fear Kid more than Teach
or what about Mihawk? he had people help him in his duel?
or what about Kaido, Kaido had him as his only match cause Shanks use to gang bang him?
or when he went to talk to whitebeard he had people help him?

mate ... I know you are trolling and your iq can't be this low ... but don't waste to much time pushing the agenda

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
and with Teach as well? he fear Kid more than Teach
or what about Mihawk? he had people help him in his duel?
or what about Kaido, Kaido had him as his only match cause Shanks use to gang bang him?
or when he went to talk to whitebeard he had people help him?

mate ... I know you are trolling and your iq can't be this low ... but don't waste to much time pushing the agenda
Teach —> Did not fight him
Mihawk —> Special Relationship
Kaido + King —> Literally had his own crew and somehow made him back off (no evidence of fighting)
Whitebeard —> Came on friendly terms, evidence by how he was allowed to leave alive.

Why is Shanks bringing all his strength + borrowed strength from Elbaf against Kidd and Killer?

This is a really dumb argument.
Look at Blackbeard.
He has people with new broken DFs and hax, some with Haki too, and Law and his crew can still put up a good fight against them despite their apparent advantage.
To think that Shanks can't get pushed even a little by Kidd, who fucking dislodged Big Mom's wrist, is stupid.
Of course he won't want to get the island damaged when he's fighting someone who fights with giant metal structures that again, can dislodge an Emperor's hand, not to mention the Emperor he fought is the one most people in Elbaf feared since she was a toddler.
And like, even if you look at Marineford, we've seen this same scenario.
The Admirals holding back their destructive capability as to not damage Marineford more, and Garp and Sengoku staying out of the war unless necessary.
And they still made sure they were filled to the brim with high/top tiers ranging from Marines to Pirates and even to more timid fighters like Mihawk, even though they were just fighting one crew.

This is especially relatable as Kidd has multiple ships ready to jump Shanks' ass.
Whether you think he can win that, he's not going through all that trouble when he can just get help from his friends.

Shanks said he didn't want the battle to spill out into an all out war on Elbaf. So he probably means to contain it at the coast. Possibly even avert it if he can.

In any case, nobody but Shanks and maybe the top commanders can even touch Kid. Kid has control over magnetism. The Red Hair pirates use basic weaponry. Unless they are packing high end haki that can negate DFs, they won't be able to bypass magnetism.

Shanks's grand fleet definitely doesn't have that level of power. Most of his commanders probably don't either.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
This is a really dumb argument.
Look at Blackbeard.
He has people with new broken DFs and hax, some with Haki too, and Law and his crew can still put up a good fight against them despite their apparent advantage.
To think that Shanks can't get pushed even a little by Kidd, who fucking dislodged Big Mom's wrist, is stupid.
Of course he won't want to get the island damaged when he's fighting someone who fights with giant metal structures that again, can dislodge an Emperor's hand, not to mention the Emperor he fought is the one most people in Elbaf feared since she was a toddler.
And like, even if you look at Marineford, we've seen this same scenario.
The Admirals holding back their destructive capability as to not damage Marineford more, and Garp and Sengoku staying out of the war unless necessary.
And they still made sure they were filled to the brim with high/top tiers ranging from Marines to Pirates and even to more timid fighters like Mihawk, even though they were just fighting one crew.

This is especially relatable as Kidd has multiple ships ready to jump Shanks' ass.
Whether you think he can win that, he's not going through all that trouble when he can just get help from his friends.
So to you, it's perfectly reasonable that Shanks has brought literally everything he has and then some to take on Kidd?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
cause all of them are there!
why should he NOT use the force he has
why should Shanks risk taking even 1% more than needed damage?!
Kaido didn't need to
Linlin didn't need to
Whitebeard only did to take on literally the other 2/3rds of the balance of power.
Blackbeard brought 2 of his weakest subordinates and Jesus to take down Law.

Shanks is the odd man out.

So to you, it's perfectly reasonable that Shanks has brought literally everything he has and then some to take on Kidd?
Let me ask you this.
If you had a big gang coming after you and you decide to fight them but didn't want any civilians or places to get hurt in the brawl, would you not get people to help you contain the fight in a relatively unpopulated area?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Let me ask you this.
If you had a big gang coming after you and you decide to fight them but didn't want any civilians or places to get hurt in the brawl, would you not get people to help you contain the fight in a relatively unpopulated area?
Shanks can literally KO everyone on that ship with CoC but Kidd and Killer.

Shanks should theoretically be able to comfortably fight Kidd & Beckmen beat Killer.

Instead he's acting like he's taking on the whole Navy

Kaido didn't need to
Linlin didn't need to
Whitebeard only did to take on literally the other 2/3rds of the balance of power.
Blackbeard brought 2 of his weakest subordinates and Jesus to take down Law.

Shanks is the odd man out.
Shanks is alive, Kaido, Big Mom and Whitebeard aren't
I guess we should blame him for having a brain
no wonder you like Kid
having iq is not a factor for you