Questions & Mysteries Is Shanks afraid of Eustass Kidd?

Is Shanks afraid of the "New Era"?

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
The crew was there before Kid was though. They aren’t there because of him.

Shanks trying to deescalate situations is literally everything he has ever done in the series. He doesn’t fight until he feels he has to. It’s no shock he’s doing it again.
And recruiting the Elbaf giants to help him fight, when he's got his entire army with him?

And recruiting the Elbaf giants to help him fight, when he's got his entire army with him?
Still fits his main goal of protecting Warland.

Kid sees how completely outnumbered and outmatched he is and gives up, meaning Warland is saved from becoming a battlefield

or

They all gangup on Kid, beat the shit out of him quickly and little damage is done to Warland.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Still fits his main goal of protecting Warland.

Kid sees how completely outnumbered and outmatched he is and gives up, meaning Warland is saved from becoming a battlefield

or

They all gangup on Kid, beat the shit out of him quickly and little damage is done to Warland.
He's already got his entire crew, which alone is enough to accomplish that. He's got his allies. Which makes that even easier.

It's ridiculous that Shanks is asking for more help.

Rereading chap. #1076, it stuck out to me just how vast Shanks' forces were on Elbaf. Not only does Shanks have his individual strength + his powerful crew, he also has the allied and subordinate pirates with him as well. Essentially his version of the Grand Fleet.

And also... Very much like what Whitebeard came to Marineford with; The full force of Whitebeard's influence that he used to take on the Navy + Shichibukai.

And on top of having his Grand Fleet and Crew assembled on Elbaf, we find out that this region of Elbaf (if not the entire island) is so infatuated with Shanks that they want to pay him tribute, want to be taken out to see, find him incredibly handsome, etc. His ties to Elbaf go so deep that the world renowned and feared Elbaf Pirate Captains Dorry & Broggy call him a brother... And Shanks personally asked them to assist him in battle.

He's asking the Elbaf Pirates to help him out against Kidd... And if that wasn't bad enough, Shanks is still trying to deescalate the situation by bargaining with Kidd and using his overwhelming military might to intimidate him.

So Shanks has his crew at full power, his grandfleet and the Elbaf Giants all there ready to fight... Kidd and Killer. And he's still not willing to go right to fists, he's doing everything in his power to avoid a fight. Shanks has more power concentrated right now than Whitebeard had running into the War of the Best. Let me just rephrase that again.

Shanks' total strength > Whitebeard Pirates during Marineford and he still doesn't want to fight Kidd.

My only question left is one that Shanks himself has asked...

@Roo @ReggieZoldyck21 @rerere @Pantheos @Peroroncino @Read no Mi @Monkey D Theories @Shiroyru @ShishioIsBack @HA001 OF THE RAIN @Albino 👑 @EtenBoby @Meeyori @Mr. Reloaded @Blackbeard @Erkan12 @Red Admiral

Little do y’all know. It may look like he’s calm, but Shanks is actually shitting his pants right here. Real ones can tell:watchout:

He's already got his entire crew, which alone is enough to accomplish that. He's got his allies. Which makes that even easier.

It's ridiculous that Shanks is asking for more help.
Shanks is using every resource at his disposal to achieve his aim. What’s ridiculous about that?

This is all consistent with chapter one Shanks, never mind the rest of the series. He doesn’t care about fighting fair. Kid has picked a fight and he needs to deal with all the consequences of that.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Shanks is using every resource at his disposal to achieve his aim. What’s ridiculous about that?

This is all consistent with chapter one Shanks, never mind the rest of the series. He doesn’t care about fighting fair. Kid has picked a fight and he needs to deal with all the consequences of that.
It's using a gun to deal with a mouse, that's the ridiculous part. He's assembling the equivalent of what Whitebeard did to take Ace back, to handle Kidd and his (fairly weak) partner Killer.