Future Events Shanks will lose to Kid, only the new era matter

It's appalling how even after 4 years, fans still do not understand the main theme of Wano. “Kid and law aren’t relevant, luffy will fight big mom in Elbaf”...LMAO. Then what did they do? Move the goalpost of course. Then it was “Kid and law won’t be relevant AFTER wano”...then oda goes ahead and gives them another yonko to fight each LMAO. Yall just dont get it. And i'll tell you why you were wrong and why you will continue to be wrong for the rest of the series

Wano was meant to mark the BEGINNING of the new era taking over the seas and running the world. Key word is BEGINNING. The older generation being surpassed by the younger generation is a very common trope in shounen but it seems that it’s only this fanbase that can't accept it because people are so obsessed with top tiers. Ironically, even SHANKS HIMSELF understands this yet his deluded fanboys do not.

“Shanks is more relevant that kid”, yeah nope. Kid is the one that defeated a yonko and destroyed the balance of the world, not shanks. Shanks hasn’t changed anything. Its the new era that are making the world spin.

Only the worst generation are contenders for the pirate king title. If someone aint worst generation, then they aint relevant for the race of PK, simple as that. Thats exactly why big mom and kaido were wiped out despite having plans for the one piece themselves. Oh so now shanks want the one piece? Well just like kaido and big mom, he aint worst generation, so hes going to be taken out of the race too. Shanks will lose and Kid will take his yonko position, which will finally mean all the og yonko have been taken out, making all the yonkos be from the worst generation except buggy. Only reason buggy will be an exception is because he is a gag.

The role of the old era and current era is to be hype tools for the new era. All stationary characters have to give way to the dynamic characters. Shanks is a stationary character that has plateaued years ago while kid is a dynamic character whose story is just beginning, starting with finding the mysterious man in bandages. Kid is the one growing and getting stronger, not shanks. “Kid can't beat shanks because shanks are stronger than kid”. I can't believe people actually think this would even be relevant lol. Its like people just forgot they are reading a shounen. Even if kid is weaker then he will just get stronger during the fight and win. Shanks has already peaked, hes not getting any stronger.

The fight will follow the usual shounen formula

Phase 1 (create tension): Oda will show us the power of Shanks and why he has been hyped for so long. Shanks will have the upper hand, he will be outclassing kid, oda will make it look like kid is doomed. Shanks fanboys will take the bait like the big mom fanboys and think this means shanks is going to win

Phase 2 (power up): Kid will use/unlock advanced conquerors and stop holding back any abilities he has up his sleeve. The fight will start to even out

Phase 3 (resolution): Kid starts to overpower shanks and defeats him.
Shanks is aware that only the new era can change the world. His role is to maintain peace and balance in the world until the new era come forth. Thats why he stopped marienford war. Thats why he chased greenbull away. After shanks loses to kid, shanks will be confident that the new era can do it.

Here's a message to all the deluded kid and law haters

Look at my username…even I’m not as foolish to say Shanks will lose…especially to a character wasn’t originally planned in the story
kid not being "originally planned" doesn't mean anything lol. Oda put kid in the story, therefore he has already changed the story. In a parallel universe where oda never added kid, then maybe shanks would be a contender

kid not being "originally planned" doesn't mean anything lol. Oda put kid in the story, therefore he has already changed the story. In a parallel universe where oda never added kid, then maybe shanks would be a contender
I’ll admit that there’s a possibility…but I don’t think it will conclude. Shanks has too much to answer to the plot before he is defeated and he’s gotta square up against BB before he is defeated, and meet Luffy as a great pirate right? Too many loose threads for Kid to
take him out. If anything he will flex some advanced conqueror’s and perhaps split
the heavens with Shanks to mirror Luffy and Kaido. That’s my thought

No, this is pure delusion.

We've been waiting on Shanks for 25 years. Oda has literally called him his self-insert character. He has given him ties to almost every single major character in the series, be it Luffy himself, Teach, the Gorosei, Roger, Whitebeard, you name it.

The same guy who Oda hypes literally every single time he appears on panel, even going so far as to sacrifice the reputation of an admiral for this dude.

You know Oda admitted that he came up with the Supernovas literally the chapter before they were introduced, right? Meanwhile, Shanks is literally a chapter 1 character whose involvement in the main storyline has only increased as the story has passed:

At first, Shanks was just Luffy's inspiration. And then we came to find out that he was on the former Pirate King's crew. And then we found out that he's one of the four biggest pirates in the modern day. And then we found out that he has a history with Blackbeard, the anticipated final villain. And then we found out that he has ties to the World Government. Hell, Oda even made him related to Zoro's endgoal for shits and giggles.

So no, in no universe is Kid more relevant than Shanks and there would be an absolutely zero percent chance of Shanks being taken out here even if Kid was strong enough to do it himself.

We've been waiting on Shanks for 25 years. Oda has literally called him his self-insert character. He has given him ties to almost every single major character in the series, be it Luffy himself, Teach, the Gorosei, Roger, Whitebeard, you name it.

The same guy who Oda hypes literally every single time he appears on panel, even going so far as to sacrifice the reputation of an admiral for this dude.

You know Oda admitted that he came up with the Supernovas literally the chapter before they were introduced, right? Meanwhile, Shanks is literally a chapter 1 character whose involvement in the main storyline has only increased as the story has passed:

At first, Shanks was just Luffy's inspiration. And then we came to find out that he was on the former Pirate King's crew. And then we found out that he's one of the four biggest pirates in the modern day. And then we found out that he has a history with Blackbeard, the anticipated final villain. And then we found out that he has ties to the World Government. Hell, Oda even made him related to Zoro's endgoal for shits and giggles.

So no, in no universe is Kid more relevant than Shanks and there would be an absolutely zero percent chance of Shanks being taken out here even if Kid was strong enough to do it himself.
Tbf for all the reasons you stated Kidd winning this fight could be very interesting imo

your entire "argument" boils down to "oda likes shanks alot, therefor he cant lose" as if he is some powerscaling fanboy rather than a competent author that follows a narrative. The yonko were planned before the supernova, and yet the supernova won.
What?

Shanks is the middle child.
He was not from Kaido or Whitebeard era.

Whitebeard and Roger were shown fighting at full strength when Shanks was still a kid.
One more thing, Shanks is younger (39) than Marco (45).

So, old gen thing dont apply to Shanks. Find a new excuse, I will debunk it.
is shanks a part of the new era? yes or no

Law's chances of becoming the PK are higher than Kid's chances of winning this fight.
I am here to hold Shanks flag high here.
I can handle these delusional Kid fans for now :endthis:
Post automatically merged:

your entire "argument" boils down to "oda likes shanks alot, therefor he cant lose" as if he is some powerscaling fanboy rather than a competent author that follows a narrative. The yonko were planned before the supernova, and yet the supernova won.

is shanks a part of the new era? yes or no
Dont be a stubborn fool.
I just said he is the middle child.

I am here to hold Shanks flag high here.
I can handle these delusional Kid fans for now :endthis:

Dont be a stubborn fool.
I just said he is the middle child.
so hes not apart of the new era is he, and not a part of the worst generation....so you dont have an argument in the first place do you
read my post

Thinking shanks cant lose because oda likes him is so wierd. You think oda didnt like ace? you think kishimoto didnt love jiraya? someone that was a mentor figure for naruto and an inspiration, someone with great plot relevent, someone who was orochimarus and tsunades teamate, someone who was a student of hiruzen sarutobi, yet he still had to lose. Because the story has to move on. It doesnt matter how much an author likes their character, characters are part of a plot, and the plot has to move.

Last edited:
so hes not apart of the new era is he, and not a part of the worst generation....so you dont have an argument in the first place do you
read my post
Shanks is like a proud father, watching his kids grow.
He even helped them on Wano by warning GB.

Luffy will meet him when he has become a great pirate.
The reason he has not met him, means he is not one yet.

Shanks himself thinks that it is not time to meet Luffy yet. And even Luffy didnt try to go after him.

It indicates that they will meet later in the story, especially when they are close to One Piece.

I respect Kid and think he can show his muscle to Shanks, but beating Shanks on Elbaf? Hell nah

I feel sorry for you Kid fans, he is being used as hype tool for Shanks. It is what it is.

It's not about power-scaling. It's about the fact that Oda has consistently, and I mean consistently, portrayed Shanks as a central character to the narrative; he is someone who clearly is more important to the story than people like Kaido and Big Mom.

I never said Shanks can't lose. I'm saying that Shanks losing to Kid makes no sense.

If we're talking about following a narrative, then the narrative suggests that Shanks is much, much more likely to be taken out by Teach or maybe even Luffy as opposed to Kid lmao. Why?

Because Oda has very clearly created a rivalry and a history between Teach and Shanks. With Teach being depicted as the ultimate foil to Luffy, a more textbook narrative approach to paint the idea of the "new generation surpassing the old" is for Shanks [main character's mentor/idol] to lose to Teach and for Luffy to subsequently defeat Teach, thereby proving that he has surpassed his mentor.

Instead, your argument is: "Kid is part of the new generation, Shanks is not, and Shanks said new generation wins. So Kid beats Shanks. Narrative." Now you tell me, does it really make sense for Kid (who may as well have become one of Luffy's cheerleaders/allies at this point) to prove that he has surpassed Shanks before Luffy does, when Luffy surpassing Shanks is one of his most central goals?

Thinking shanks cant lose because oda likes him is so wierd. You think oda didnt like ace? you think kishimoto didnt love jiraya? someone that was a mentor figure for naruto and an inspiration, someone with great plot relevent, someone who was orochimarus and tsunades teamate, someone who was a student of hiruzen sarutobi, yet he still had to lose. Because the story has to move on. It doesnt matter how much an author likes their character, characters are part of a plot, and the plot has to move.
Read what I just posted.

Now that you've mentioned Jiraiya, this is exactly what I was talking about lmao. Jiraiya, Naruto's teacher/mentor, was defeated and killed by Pain. Subsequently, Naruto avenged his mentor by defeating Pain. Sound familiar? Just replace Jiraiya with Shanks, Naruto with Luffy and Pain with Teach. And there you have it.

I forgot to add, this example also serves as the main character surpassing their mentor (which is what this was originally about). Power-scaling semantics aside, Luffy defeating Pain was the narrative moment of him surpassing Jiraiya because he was able to perform a perfect sage mode by himself as opposed to Jiraiya who had to merge with the toads to do it.

Last edited:
Shanks is like a proud father, watching his kids grow.
He even helped them on Wano by warning GB.

Luffy will meet him when he has become a great pirate.
The reason he has not met him, means he is not one yet.

Shanks himself thinks that it is not time to meet Luffy yet. And even Luffy didnt try to go after him.

It indicates that they will meet later in the story, especially when they are close to One Piece.

I respect Kid and think he can show his muscle to Shanks, but beating Shanks on Elbaf? Hell nah

I feel sorry for you Kid fans, he is being used as hype tool for Shanks. It is what it is.
shanks will still meet luffy, hes not dying lol.
yes shanks is clearly a character whose strength needs to be "hyped" its not like anyone thinks hes strong
clearly everyone in the fanbase thinks kid is stronger than fodder shanks so oda is doing this fight to hype shanks as being stronger than kid. Oh look shanks and his whole fleet and giants were able to beat kid and killer hype hype hype

Shanks will neg kid and I'll tag you when that happens.
yeah tag me when big mom beats kid as well

You know people have no arguments when all they can way is "Oda likes Shanks....shanks is Luffy's idol"
:gokulaugh: