Future Events Shanks will lose to Kid, only the new era matter

shanks will still meet luffy, hes not dying lol.
yes shanks is clearly a character whose strength needs to be "hyped" its not like anyone thinks hes strong
clearly everyone in the fanbase thinks kid is stronger than fodder shanks so oda is doing this fight to hype shanks as being stronger than kid. Oh look shanks and his whole fleet and giants were able to beat kid and killer hype hype hype
Post automatically merged:

yeah tag me when big mom beats kid as well
Kid didn't beat Big Mom alone, mate. Law did the max damage and the bombs put her beyond recovery but you lack the intelligence to understand it so I'll let you become deluded. Just don't hurt yourself when Shanks negs midd, tho.

It's not about power-scaling. It's about the fact that Oda has consistently, and I mean consistently, portrayed Shanks as a central character to the narrative; he is someone who clearly is more important to the story than people like Kaido and Big Mom.

I never said Shanks can't lose. I'm saying that Shanks losing to Kid makes no sense.

If we're talking about following a narrative, then the narrative suggests that Shanks is much, much more likely to be taken out by Teach or maybe even Luffy as opposed to Kid lmao. Why?

Because Oda has very clearly created a rivalry and a history between Teach and Shanks. With Teach being depicted as the ultimate foil to Luffy, a more textbook narrative approach to paint the idea of the "new generation surpassing the old" is for Shanks [main character's mentor/idol] to lose to Teach and for Luffy to subsequently defeat Teach, thereby proving that he has surpassed his mentor.

Instead, your argument is: "Kid is part of the new generation, Shanks is not, and Shanks said new generation wins. So Kid beats Shanks. Narrative." Now you tell me, does it really make sense for Kid (who may as well have become one of Luffy's cheerleaders/allies at this point) to prove that he has surpassed Shanks before Luffy does, when Luffy surpassing Shanks is one of his most central goals?
Luffy already surpassed shanks in strength, by defeating someone confirmed stronger than shanks. What luffy is talking about is surpassing shanks as a pirate and getting a better crew than him. This is not like Zoro vs Mihawk. Luffy is now a yonko, but shanks is also a yonko, which means as a pirate, luffy and shanks are on the same level. For luffy to become a greater pirate, he will need to get the title above yonko which is pirate king. Kid defeating shanks wont make him PK, it will just make him a yonko.

yes shanks is clearly a character whose strength needs to be "hyped" its not like anyone thinks hes strong
clearly everyone in the fanbase thinks kid is stronger than fodder shanks so oda is doing this fight to hype shanks as being stronger than kid. Oh look shanks and his whole fleet and giants were able to beat kid and killer hype hype hype

:gokulaugh:
Now I know you are a troll, good luck :hapnoel:

Kid didn't beat Big Mom alone, mate. Law did the max damage and the bombs put her beyond recovery but you lack the intelligence to understand it so I'll let you become deluded. Just don't hurt yourself when Shanks negs midd, tho.
yeah and you thought big mom would beat kid and law so whats the difference. Now go on and prepare some excuses for when shanks loses. No law here and no bombs, so you gotta come up with something else.

Now I know you are a troll, good luck :hapnoel:
good luck to you, betting against the new era in a shounen manga :milaugh:

:gokulaugh:
Every Shanks argument revolve around 2 things :
Oda's self insert character, he likes him a lot. Golden boy
He's Luffy's idol

Luffy never also wanted to surpass Shanks individually only but mostly Crew wise!
Oda has been clear with Shanks : his crew is half the reason why he's great as pirate /yonko.

Luffy has equalled Shanks or surpassed him already when he beat Kaido! Only Joyboy get to beat Kaido & Imu AS PROPHESIED
Luffy's crew is yet to surpass RHP, that's what will happen when Shanks loses and SHs win against Navy or BBP

Last edited:
Every Shanks argument revolve around 2 things :
Oda's self insert character, he likes him a lot. Golden boy
He's Luffy's idol

Luffy never also wanted to surpass Shanks indivudllay only but Crew wise mostly!
Oda has been clear with Shanks : his crew is half the reason why he's great as pirate /yonko.

Luffy has equalled Shanks or surpassed him already when he beat Kaido! Only Joyboy get to beat Kaido & Imu AS PROPHESIED
Luffy's crew is yet to surpass RHP, that's what will happen when Shanks loses and SHs win against Navy or BBP
Kaido has fought shanks and said there is no one in the world that could defeat him. Shanks even waited for kaido and big mom to be defeated before doing anything. But shanks fans think shanks>kaido because oda likes shanks more. That's their argument everytime lol

Kidd is not winning. Not even in your wettest dreams lol
blah blah yall said the same thing in wano so idc lol, be wrong again then whatever

wano proved none of yall understand the story. "big mom has to win because she has to do this....shanks has to win because shanks has to do that...its dejavu

@Read no Mi me and you might be the only people that understands the narrative oda built in wano lmao

Kaido has fought shanks and said there is no one in the world that could defeat him. Shanks even waited for kaido and big mom to be defeated before doing anything. But shanks fans think shanks>kaido because oda likes shanks more. That's their argument everytime lol

blah blah yall said the same thing in wano so idc lol, be wrong again then whatever

wano proved none of yall understand the story. "big mom has to win because she has to do this....shanks has to win because shanks has to do that...its dejavu
I'm one of those who like BM and said Kid and law vs BM would end in sstalemate since BM still has a plot at elbaf /vs Luffy. Also her losing in wano where she isn't hated didn't make sense.
But I accepted BM losing when Oda made it clear with kid statements that they won't lose.

Shanks fans and kid haters can't see that Oda will not have Worstgen lose to Old gen anymore