Controversial The "World Draft" is lazy writing

He could have developed that much better but the idea is not that far off.

It's much more believable that there many top tiers around the world that don't give a f about one piece or the Marines.

He still should had dropped their names and hyped then pre TS, would had been more believable.

The way it was done, it feel that the Marines can just world draft top tier from their out of nowhere as they want.
imagine if they are VA who are tasked to monitor yonkou movements and peacemaking in the new world.

admiral rank is not like yonko title, it requires to be top tier in order to attain it. They just won't put weak marines as admirals just to fill the spots.

If anything the draft is great writing and one of the best op worldbuildings since it means there are top tiers in the world that aren't marines or pirates and just chill in their home

He could have developed that much better but the idea is not that far off.

It's much more believable that there many top tiers around the world that don't give a f about one piece or the Marines.

He still should had dropped their names and hyped then pre TS, would had been more believable.

The way it was done, it feel that the Marines can just world draft top tier from their out of nowhere as they want.
Here is the issue though.
You cannot reach top tier without having several battles amongst which at least some become life threatening. Such strength comes through constant evolution.

Can you think of scenarios where you go around fighting like that, where you aren't a marine/govt-agent or a pirate/criminal?

No other Marines were relevant power-wise anyway lol. What series are you reading where any Marines beneath the rank of Admiral were ever compared to Yonko or YCs?
The Zodiac vice admirals are probably high end commander level characters, given their portrayal.

I suppose giving them a logia DF can jump them up to top tier.

But yes, quite strange that the zodiac VA didn't do anything in MF arc.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
The Zodiac vice admirals are probably high end commander level characters, given their portrayal.

I suppose giving them a logia DF can jump them up to top tier.

But yes, quite strange that the zodiac VA didn't do anything in MF arc.
The Vice Admirals are probably YC-ish tier but they haven’t been portrayed that way yet. And even if VAs are YC tier, that wouldn’t stop Admiral tier characters from burying them in relevance so I’m not even sure what OP is bitching about there. Lol

The Vice Admirals are probably YC-ish tier but they haven’t been portrayed that way yet. And even if VAs are YC tier, that wouldn’t stop Admiral tier characters from burying them in relevance so I’m not even sure what OP is bitching about there. Lol
I don't think those two would be even considered for admiral position without being at least a high end YC level.
Yeah, admirals would still murk them.......but what if they get logia DFs and master it in ~ 2 years? Why shouldn't that take them to top tier?

OP is presumably bitching about the execution lol.
Top tiers basically have legend status in the OP verse. People shit their pants even at the mention/name-drop of a top tier character. We got two top tiers which weren't even hinted at existing prior to the draft.

Basically, if we knew of wild-card/unaffiliated top tiers existing prior to TS, then it wouldn't have felt like an asspull. That part of world-building wasn't something Oda did

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
it makes sense cause gb is scared asf of kaido lol
No, it doesn’t make any sense, it’s a sentiment devoid of all brainpower that you came up with because you don’t like a character’s personality/power level.

Fujitora and Ryokugyu are not just power levels, they are characters with their own ideals and agendas designed to communicate actual themes.

Asking Oda to throw those themes out of the window and make them….’Vice Admirals who observe the movements of the Yonko’…is the lamest thing I’ve ever heard. Lol

No, it doesn’t make any sense, it’s a sentiment devoid of all brainpower that you came up with because you don’t like a character’s personality/power level.

Fujitora and Ryokugyu are not just power levels, they are characters with their own ideals and agendas designed to communicate actual themes.

Asking Oda to throw those themes out of the window and make them….’Vice Admirals who observe the movements of the Yonko’…is the lamest thing I’ve ever heard. Lol
:suresure::suresure: its an idea i made up in 2 seconds

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
OP is presumably bitching about the execution lol.
Top tiers basically have legend status in the OP verse. People shit their pants even at the mention/name-drop of a top tier character. We got two top tiers which weren't even hinted at existing prior to the draft.

Basically, if we knew of wild-card/unaffiliated top tiers existing prior to TS, then it wouldn't have felt like an asspull. That part of world-building wasn't something Oda did
I love the notion that there are top tier characters out there who we’ve never met or heard of. The notion that every single top tier must be some legend of worldwide renown who everyone has heard of and tells stories about, is a notion propagated by 14 year old basement dwellers who have no actual clue how the world works. Notoriety/Fame =//////= actual strength.

You know how many monstrously strong/skilled lifters/athletes/fighters there are in the real world who no one has ever heard of? Thousands easily if not far more. You know how many professional athletes there are out there who sports teams literally just pulled off of the street? You should look it up because the numbers will shock you. Michael Lewis for example was an NFL kick off returner who before he played in the NFL, he drove beer delivery trucks, I shit you not.

So yeah, I absolutely love the notion that there are top tier motherfuckers out there who we’ve never heard of before. Issho and Aramaki in particular are quite awesome, these are two guys with ideals too extreme for the World Government who are now suddenly expected to uphold the Government’s agenda. That dynamic is so much more interesting to me than Aokiji and Kizaru who, while having their own ideals and opinions and such, were ultimately order followers who would never go against the grain in huge ways like Issho and Aramaki do.

And for Oda to show us two wildcard Admirals who don’t follow orders, he had to first show us Admirals like Aokiji and Kizaru who mostly followed orders. These characters complement each other in that way.

Last edited: