Chainsaw Man - Chapter 122 - The Prophecies

Rate this chapter!

• Total voters
Ahhh, so metal, I love it!

I also feel like Death is a trap, since it kinda has to be the most powerful devil, which would be too early to reveal I feel. Then again, Makima said Chainsaw grew so strong through the fear of devils, meaning that devils' fears can in turn also be devils? Which could make room for some super weird psychedelic devil fear being the most powerful.

There aren't even so many primal fears I could think of. Maybe Darkness, Fire, Pain, Death, Loneliness? Can anyone else think of more?

Anyway, this chapter is finally connecting the threads to an overlying plot that I've been lamenting part II misses so far. So I really enjoyed the chapter!

Also lol at Yoshida asking out half the school

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Ahhh, so metal, I love it!

I also feel like Death is a trap, since it kinda has to be the most powerful devil, which would be too early to reveal I feel. Then again, Makima said Chainsaw grew so strong through the fear of devils, meaning that devils' fears can in turn also be devils? Which could make room for some super weird psychedelic devil fear being the most powerful.

There aren't even so many primal fears I could think of. Maybe Darkness, Fire, Pain, Death, Loneliness? Can anyone else think of more?

Anyway, this chapter is finally connecting the threads to an overlying plot that I've been lamenting part II misses so far. So I really enjoyed the chapter!

Also lol at Yoshida asking out half the school
Fear itself could be a devil.

Great chapter because that reveal rocks, but this can be confusing for me.

Before 122, the only Primordial Devil we met was Darkness Devil and he was described as an embodiment of primal fear, that's why he is so strong because he never tasted death (I mean, he was going to destroy Makima). And we know he was made up of human bodies.

The devil we see in 122 is also made up of human bodies, so her being a Primordial Devil is almost certain.

Now, is she the Death Devil? Logically, she should be because she fits the bill. But Fujimoto holding back on her name make me a little doubtful.

Of course her being an aspect of Death is possible, but that would beg the question how OP the Death Devil is compared to her sisters.

And I don't get why she is the first in he prophecy to be the symbol of Apocalypse, unless the other 3 Horsemen are going to be Awakened or something. And if the other symbols are none of the 3 Horsemen, it's gonna be even more confusing.

Lastly, I wonder how Fujimoto decides which Devils will be Primordial. I mean, people have been fearing Hell since forever and we found out that the Hell Devil is not primordial in CSM. I wish Fujimoto would clarify this, tbh.

Before 122, the only Primordial Devil we met was Darkness Devil and he was described as an embodiment of primal fear, that's why he is so strong because he never tasted death (I mean, he was going to destroy Makima). And we know he was made up of human bodies.

The devil we see in 122 is also made up of human bodies, so her being a Primordial Devil is almost certain.

Now, is she the Death Devil? Logically, she should be because she fits the bill. But Fujimoto holding back on her name make me a little doubtful.

Of course her being an aspect of Death is possible, but that would beg the question how OP the Death Devil is compared to her sisters.

And I don't get why she is the first in he prophecy to be the symbol of Apocalypse, unless the other 3 Horsemen are going to be Awakened or something. And if the other symbols are none of the 3 Horsemen, it's gonna be even more confusing.

Lastly, I wonder how Fujimoto decides which Devils will be Primordial. I mean, people have been fearing Hell since forever and we found out that the Hell Devil is not primordial in CSM. I wish Fujimoto would clarify this, tbh.
I think Hell is a more recent concept in humanitys history.Did any caveman draw hell?I'm not sure,but i think they were more afraid of the dark,predators,diseases,natural disasters and other dangers nature can throw.
Post automatically merged:

I just had a thought,we got introduced to hell in csm verse.Will we get heaven too?

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓

Yeah it can be confusing so I hope we get it clarified soon.

I posited above that the Death Devil might in fact be the horsemen's mother, which would make sense, as the Death Devil should be more powerful.

How Fujimoto decides what Primal Devils are I have no idea lol. When googling primal fears these are the results that show up the most often

No idea how accurate this is tho.

With some stretching you could argue Darkness falls under extinction maybe. Or mutilation seeing as people were losing limbs when fighting it. Death would be in Extinction in that case. Idk lol. Hopefully we get this cleared up soon.

Yeah it can be confusing so I hope we get it clarified soon.

I posited above that the Death Devil might in fact be the horsemen's mother, which would make sense, as the Death Devil should be more powerful.

How Fujimoto decides what Primal Devils are I have no idea lol. When googling primal fears these are the results that show up the most often

No idea how accurate this is tho.

With some stretching you could argue Darkness falls under extinction maybe. Or mutilation seeing as people were losing limbs when fighting it. Death would be in Extinction in that case. Idk lol. Hopefully we get this cleared up soon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_death
i wonder what powers an ego death devil would have

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_death
i wonder what powers an ego death devil would have
I honestly have no idea lmao.

Been thinking about this panel. At first I thought Death might be the ultimate terror Fami speaks of
But I think it can be interpreted as this devil, which we assume is Death, will usher in this terror and bring about all the devils that reside in hell.

Another thought. What the hell is Pochita? Is it a Primal Devil too that evolved or some shit??

Also who the fuck killed Yuko?
It's not Denji. It's not that imposter guy, he's not even a devil per his own admission. What the hell is going on lmao? A shapeshifter devil???? Idk anymore lol.

I honestly have no idea lmao.

Been thinking about this panel. At first I thought Death might be the ultimate terror Fami speaks of
But I think it can be interpreted as this devil, which we assume is Death, will usher in this terror and bring about all the devils that reside in hell.

Another thought. What the hell is Pochita? Is it a Primal Devil too that evolved or some shit??

Also who the fuck killed Yuko?
It's not Denji. It's not that imposter guy, he's not even a devil per his own admission. What the hell is going on lmao? A shapeshifter devil???? Idk anymore lol.
Pochita is the devil feared by the ultimate devil himself baby