One Piece Chapter 1,078: " Escape Limit "

What would you rate the chapter?

• Total voters
Great stuff for Sanji. Nice to see him taunting his foe and letting him get a free shot in to no avail. I'm sure S-Shark will make sure to use his fruit more to come up with some strategy to face Sanji and Sanji will do the same to try and handle the flame on his back so it's 2 very durable dudes facing each other and trying to exploit any weaknesses in the other. I kinda doubt Oda would throw out the invincibility aspect of the Seras just for Sanji to wreck flame-on S-Shark so even if I'd love it, I think he'll simply figure out what can trigger them swapping modes then capitalising on it.

This is gonna be good. So long as Oda keeps the Sanji action coming for some more chapters, I'll be happy. Queen, now S-Shark, great to see Oda giving Sanji the fights he deserves. Maybe even after this, we'll get some clashes with the Navy including Sanji.

With Robin on her way to Vegapunk and S-Snake done decimating or neutralising targets, I feel like her coming back to York as reinforcements would allow for Robin to get a nice fight whilst also preventing York from being caught in the middle of a monologue with no real means of stopping a wrecking from Robin. I wanted Jimbei but he seems far and the Navy is there, he could face someone reasonably strong there for a little bit (I doubt any free Vice Admirals can push Jimbei aside from those with the same naming convention/colour theme as the Admirals).

Nice chapter. Built up to some very interesting stuff regarding the events to unfold at Egghead. Can't wait to see Kizaru and Saturn. Maybe the Grand Fleet/Revolutionaries could come to aid with the numerous Marines, Dragon should be wise enough to try and save/aid Vegapunk. I just hope if he shows, everyone gets reasonable amounts of spotlight with no one getting their thunder stolen.

I just don’t get why Robin said “a certain someone will save her.” Sanji’s been saving the crew for eons now. She could have just said “Sanji will save her.” It’s like Oda’s trying to add in tension but who’s going to buy it at that moment?
Are you serious.
Are you seriously thinking that writing it like that it's not irony but it's instead a way to create suspance (which doesn't make sense).

I just don’t get why Robin said “a certain someone will save her.” Sanji’s been saving the crew for eons now. She could have just said “Sanji will save her.” It’s like Oda’s trying to add in tension but who’s going to buy it at that moment?
She ships SaNa like the fans, but won't state it outright. Basically a tease that it's a thing and everyone knows it but it's still not 'canon.'

No it's literally her having a light moment and saying a certain someone will save her. With Oda knowing the readers should have the IQ to know she's referring to Sanji who rushes to them womens as fast as he can.
Post automatically merged:

Nah, strawhats don't have the manpower for that. And rest of the world has 0 clue about it.

In the Fishman Island arc, it was made known that Poseidon, unlike the Pluton, was a real person – a mermaid with the power to destroy the entire world. With her ability, she could swallow whole islands by controlling the Sea Kings

And that was just one ability of poseidon. Poseidon was likely capable to do more than that eg manipulate whole sea like fishman but on an apocalyptic scale.

Anyone thinking Gorosei who have similar ability are weak aren't even reading one piece.

spandem didnt even get 1/100 of saturne portrayal yet he was a figher too with 500 doriki and a sword that has eaten a DF.

the only reason he looked ass was because Luffy didnt fought him at all. spandem was also direspected by CP9 members and getting punched by franky and robin.

In this case Saturne is so much of a bigger deal that no one beside luffy will fight him cause it will instantly make them look superior.

Oda also likely know many are especting a one shot so he will surprise everyone by going the Yamamoto, Master Rochi way.

Another reason, law and kidd are fighting yonko solo even though they will loose so making luffy fight an opponent with inferior relevance in story will be direspectfull.

remember when law and kidd were teaming up luffy was 1 vs 1 kaido.

for luffy to maintain superior portrayal he need to fight superior opponent at least in portral aka saturne.

Zoro fought clashed and scarred kaido.
A zkk with kizaru is an absolute win
this, Oda is also someone who work upward with his character.

With him if your current challenge is 60 next will be at least 80.

regardless of zoro beating kizaru, he will fight him for superior portrayal to his wano self.

the only way for luffy to surpass his wano portrayal is to fight a higher autority even more important in relevance than kaido in satrune.

Last edited:
No it's literally her having a light moment and saying a certain someone will save her. With Oda knowing the readers should have the IQ to know she's referring to Sanji who rushes to them womens as fast as he can.

I know it’s a small detail to nitpick but Oda overuses the terms “a certain someone” or “that person” way too much that it is a cliché at this point in his writing.

Fwiw it's not Oda personally, it's just something that happens in japanese a lot because it's a language that can have a lot of ambiguity. Sentences in Japanese can tend to leave out subjects and objects and other parts of speech and only imply them through specific grammar. In context to native speakers this is normal but in translation it can be weird and cause people to write things like a certain person, "that" place, "that" person, etc, to fill in the blanks of what was only implied in the original.

In this case everyone knows she's talking about Sanji, it's not meant to be any kind of mystery or question, it's just how she's phrasing it. Even though she didn't actually say Sanjis name it would arguably be appropriate to some translators to have just made her say his name in English anyway since it's so obvious that's who she's meant to be referring to.

C

Cruxroux

Fwiw it's not Oda personally, it's just something that happens in japanese a lot because it's a language that can have a lot of ambiguity. Sentences in Japanese can tend to leave out subjects and objects and other parts of speech and only imply them through specific grammar. In context to native speakers this is normal but in translation it can be weird and cause people to write things like a certain person, "that" place, "that" person, etc, to fill in the blanks of what was only implied in the original.

In this case everyone knows she's talking about Sanji, it's not meant to be any kind of mystery or question, it's just how she's phrasing it. Even though she didn't actually say Sanjis name it would arguably be appropriate to some translators to have just made her say his name in English anyway since it's so obvious that's who she's meant to be referring to.
:kaidowhat:
Where is this even coming from.