Character Discussion Im, the Primordial Waters

I want to make this more of a conversational theory. I feel like Im is the source of the Yami Yami no mi, in a way. I think that the “darkness” that BB uses is actually the waters at the depths of the ocean, now granted IM’s true appearance may be silhouetted, but it makes perfect sense for Imu to be the Void of Void century, her actually being the end villain. Now I can be wrong, but I’d love to discuss it

I believe Imu is Two Persons in One Body
Female Imu is not Ancient, She is a Character from Present Time (Roger's Time or later)
Male Imu is Ancient

As for her Powers, i believe She has Light/Sun Powers
Which She took from Lunarians Destroyed Kingdom

And i don't believe Land of Gods mentioned by Marco is Lunarian's Kingdom
It was instead their Goal & now it's Imu's Goal to restore that Kingdom

Female Imu is not Ancient, She is a Character from Present Time (Roger's Time or later)
Male Imu is Ancient

Whoa. I love this.

I want to make this more of a conversational theory. I feel like Im is the source of the Yami Yami no mi, in a way. I think that the “darkness” that BB uses is actually the waters at the depths of the ocean, now granted IM’s true appearance may be silhouetted, but it makes perfect sense for Imu to be the Void of Void century, her actually being the end villain. Now I can be wrong, but I’d love to discuss it
I don’t think Teach is related to IM, but rather Xebec who is trying to follow Davy Jones will but is mistaken on what Davy Jones wanted as he never made it to Laughtale and doenst know the True History like Roger learned.

So I see Teach as misguided Davy Jones which as I think Davy Jones is the Original Nika DF user and this would make Teach the mistaken Sun God, which fits with Darkness.

Male Imu is Ancient

You got it wrong way round

Female is ancient version

Male used previous user of Laws fruit to enter the body and give immortality so they could use the weapon we see in 1060 and it can only be used by a person of Imu’s blood

I don’t think Teach is related to IM, but rather Xebec who is trying to follow Davy Jones will but is mistaken on what Davy Jones wanted as he never made it to Laughtale and doenst know the True History like Roger learned.

So I see Teach as misguided Davy Jones which as I think Davy Jones is the Original Nika DF user and this would make Teach the mistaken Sun God, which fits with Darkness.
Dang! This is so dope. Now I do believe that there’s a connection between Teach, Xebec, and even Davy. I didn’t mean that Im and teach were related, I meant their powers. I know we saw the 16 beams, which I think may have been a devil fruit, who knows? Still haven’t seen the superior light fruit. BUT, being that teach’s moves are relatable to the the darkest waters, I believe Im is that representation of “mother sea’s anger” similar to vegapunk’s explanation. Now the name of the fruit? Unsure. But I know the primordial waters have to have something substantial to do with Im, and to do with the ending of this story. Not just Teach. I would love to see Davy Jones be the original Nika, especially after LRL Island and everything being stretched out. Great take.
Post automatically merged:

You got it wrong way round

Female is ancient version

Male used previous user of Laws fruit to enter the body and give immortality so they could use the weapon we see in 1060 and it can only be used by a person of Imu’s blood
It’s simple: Imu has to be the original threat, I think Oda is going to take us to the beginning of it all, with Nika being the Sun God, Imu being Umi originally maybe, and then Joyboy facing “Imu”, the now queen, maybe of the AK, maybe not. The frozen straw hat, and the representation of Nika isn’t a mistake: it’s giving the facts, and a backstory that could be the greatest of all time if we let him cook. The mystique with powerful females in the story is going to conclude once we see Imu/Umi present herself.

Dang! This is so dope. Now I do believe that there’s a connection between Teach, Xebec, and even Davy. I didn’t mean that Im and teach were related, I meant their powers. I know we saw the 16 beams, which I think may have been a devil fruit, who knows? Still haven’t seen the superior light fruit. BUT, being that teach’s moves are relatable to the the darkest waters, I believe Im is that representation of “mother sea’s anger” similar to vegapunk’s explanation. Now the name of the fruit? Unsure. But I know the primordial waters have to have something substantial to do with Im, and to do with the ending of this story. Not just Teach. I would love to see Davy Jones be the original Nika, especially after LRL Island and everything being stretched out. Great take.

It’s simple: Imu has to be the original threat, I think Oda is going to take us to the beginning of it all, with Nika being the Sun God, Imu being Umi originally maybe, and then Joyboy facing “Imu”, the now queen, maybe of the AK, maybe not. The frozen straw hat, and the representation of Nika isn’t a mistake: it’s giving the facts, and a backstory that could be the greatest of all time if we let him cook. The mystique with powerful females in the story is going to conclude once we see Imu/Umi present herself. Now what I could see is her using the immortality surgery during the VC in order to continue to rule the world as she saw fit, in the body that she deemed worthy. Three eye person of course.

Last edited:

It’s simple: Imu has to be the original threat, I think Oda is going to take us to the beginning of it all, with Nika being the Sun God, Imu being Umi originally maybe, and then Joyboy facing “Imu”, the now queen, maybe of the AK, maybe not. The frozen straw hat, and the representation of Nika isn’t a mistake: it’s giving the facts, and a backstory that could be the greatest of all time if we let him cook. The mystique with powerful females in the story is going to conclude once we see Imu/Umi present herself.
You should read the theory I posted here if you want to know more of my thoughts on Davy Jones and IM.

As far as the weapon in the Sky, it’s likely IM’s version of Egghead Island/Punk Records. Vegapunk says he wishes he had a Sun to power his and IM has access to the power of the Sun Light Tree Eve, which I believe his powers are related to. So the Lazers probably are Sun Powered, but powered by this Tree.

In Japanese the vocals are not necessarily spoken out. And, sometimes, they can be left out entirely.
So whether someone calls the king im or imu makes no difference.

Imu and blackbeard have a connection for sure.