Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but nobody expected shit for him lol let's be honest.
Back then we expected a lot from him
He was shown as superior to Luffy throughout all of Pre-Timeskip and generally had a lot of hype.

I remember people having big expectations at the beginning of Punk Hazard. Most posters thought he would still be atleast as strong as Luffy. Then the arc progressed. :milaugh:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
I need him to beat some decent character not don krieg characters.
Should have at least gotten one of the admirals vs him or some shit like that, but Kizaru is coming on egghead and Ryokugyu just got introduced I guess, that would leave Fujitora.
He could fight one of the stronger vice admirals like Chaton, but they're featless and their hype is not unimpressive, but questionable.

Let me ask you this, If Kidd and Law didnt ''beat'' BM who was going to? Plot allowed them to take those hits. I know you guys will never take the difference in circumstances into account though.

Maybe Oda considers Kidds story to be done or not that relevant anymore so ofc Shanks will do that. Point is BM had both beaten down on the ground, on their backs with both of their crews crying and begging her for mercy.
Yes plot allowed them to take those hits, and Oda decided that Shanks would just 1 shot someone who beat BM. Still a massive difference in feat and in Oda’s eyes Shanks is still untouchable to someone who 2v1’d his supposed peer. Think about Law vs Teach, Law got good portrayal there. Kid here is utterly hopeless.

They really should go back to the earlier Wano animation. The aura stuff is legit nauseating at times, and ruins some good scenes
I thoroughly enjoyed the classical clashes
Whitebeard vs shanks CoC clash was clean as fuck
No extra add ons
The fucking Luffy Kaido clash was what I imagine smoking meth for the first time would be as

Oda probably saving him.
Shanks didn't anything major either until this current Conflict where it was on screen.
Only top tier not shown to fight is Mihawk and Garp. They are living up on legends. But respected throughout the world.
Saving him for what for his one and only fight Zoro?

Not a good example Garp at least we know with Roger destroyed Rox Pirates.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Who will Mihawk fight? On paper shanks defeating kid is technically a feat
But kid is such a bozo i don’t really give a fuck
I'm not Oda, he will definitely choose someone.

What I meant is that Shanks only now started making some moves, he only appeared in like few pages over 20 years.

Mihawk will get his due soon too.

Yes plot allowed them to take those hits, and Oda decided that Shanks would just 1 shot someone who beat BM. Still a massive difference in feat and in Oda’s eyes Shanks is still untouchable to someone who 2v1’d his supposed peer. Think about Law vs Teach, Law got good portrayal there. Kid here is utterly hopless.
True but Law and Kidd didnt beat BM on their own, the fight was riddled with PIS and even their final attacks didnt beat her at all. Whole thing was just plot convenience upon plot convenience to allow for that ''win''.

I'm not Oda, he will definitely choose someone.

What I meant is that Shanks only now started making some moves, he only appeared in like few pages over 20 years.

Mihawk will get his due soon too.
Man I hope so
Unless he clashes against Akainu or Dragon not sure what could excite me with Mihawk
A regular admiral doesn’t matter with the way we’ve been wanking him

Status
Not open for further replies.