Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's what I mean, his feats were kinda mediocre since Law did most of the job against BM and he barely did anything on rooftop, so this just added insult to injury. It's why I seriously think Oda has some sort of vendetta against Kidd or something, I don't think he's ever done a character this dirty before
Whoever Kids based on f*cked his wife. Only explanation

Pathetic. And if someone enjoys the way things are developing, that someone is even more pathetic than Oda...
:mihugh:
It's Worstgen where Swordlegion is like 80% of it. And most hated Kidd because he used to threaten Zoro's tier placement. It's the same for Law, Sanji, Luffy, really even Shanks at times too. All pretty much agenda-driven.

What do Sanji fans actually gain from downplaying Mihawk? I thought portrayal showed that Zoro and Sanji are close in strenght so wouldn’t it be good for him if Zoro defeats someone stronger than Shanks?
It's not even about Sanji at that point though. If Shanks was noticeably weaker than Mihawk, Mihawk wouldn't have continually dwelled him.

Zoro fans are just never satisfied with him being comparable in strength to Shanks, they need Zoro to become the main character, kill the main villains etc. and it's ridiculous. Go read some samurai manga where your goated swordsman kills all the villains, cause this ain't it.

Insane.
Doesn't make sense from a Powerscaling POV.
Doesn't make sense from a Narrative POV.

The fuck is Oda even smoking? He really wants to make Shanks the Jesus Christ of One Piece or something, fr. Mf will walk on water and multiply fishes next time we see him.

Pathetic. And if someone enjoys the way things are developing, that someone is even more pathetic than Oda...
As long as Shanks looks godly in his onscreen debut fight that’s all that matters. Oda couldn’t give two fucks about Kidds past feats or portrayal. Making Shanks look insanely strong in his first onscreen fight is more important than all of that.

It’s time to accept that Kidd was just built up to be used as a hype tool for another character. Just cheap shonen writing at its finest.

Togashi clears every author in Jump :kayneshrug:

Insane.
Doesn't make sense from a Powerscaling POV.
Doesn't make sense from a Narrative POV.

The fuck is Oda even smoking? He really wants to make Shanks the Jesus Christ of One Piece or something, fr. Mf will walk on water and multiply fishes next time we see him.

Yes yes blame oda, because we didn't know what was gonna happen to kid when he tried to face shanks with a railgun
:whitepress:

Ill tell you this, if Shanks ever gets deleted by Blackbeard, you still see me here memeing and laughing about it after the fact.

I have my thoughts/endgame with characters that get me excited but nobody should ever take this shit THAT seriously.
What's so bad about that tho, both are iconic characters, my only problem is being completely off screened.

Honestly if I was Oda and want to ramp up more sales I would dedicate a good 10 chapter arc for the Red Hair Pirates vs Blackbeard Pirates war

Law would get the exact same treatment against Shanks, he’s lucky he fought BB whose opponents always land attacks on him
Nope you look at all of Law's portrayal and feats, versus all of Kidd's portrayal and feats. He displayed Law's improved Haki feats, showed off mountain-level counterattacks, even let Law almost KO BB by sending him into the ocean. While the best Kidd got was a Future Sight headcanon. Night and day.

Marco got off-screened by BB and they said he suffered a devastating loss. Boa got choke-diffed (even though she was sneaked). Oda spares no one at the account of narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.