Chapter Discussion This chapter proved Shanks is not a "true" swordsman

I hope that one day Shanks fans look inside themselves and realize the amount of mental gymnastics they perform on a daily basis to justify their headcanon

Like really think about it

“He uses a sword but isn’t a swordsman”

“He may have another fighting style”

“He’s a hakiman”

“He doesn’t cut so he isn’t a swordsman”

“I know he’s used a sword for literally every attack or clash but we don’t know enough about him”

“Mihawk is the more skilled swordsman but he’s still stronger”

Y’all are doing backflips and somersaults through hoops at this point

Wake up

Shanks doesn’t suddenly become a worse character because he’s weaker than Mihawk

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I hope that one day Shanks fans look inside themselves and realize the amount of mental gymnastics they perform on a daily basis to justify their headcanon

Like really think about it

“He uses a sword but isn’t a swordsman”

“He may have another fighting style”

“He’s a hakiman”

“He doesn’t cut so he isn’t a swordsman”

“I know he’s used a sword for literally every attack or clash but we don’t know enough about him”

Y’all are doing backflips and somersaults through hoops at this point

Wake up

Shanks doesn’t suddenly become a worse character because he’s weaker than Mihawk
Latest one being he "shoots Haki".

I'm definitely not a Zoro or Mihawk fan (I respect them and appreciate them but I don't enjoy them as other fans) and I love Shanks.

However, the title is "the strongest among all swordsmen". It doesn't matter what you do with your sword. If you are a swordsman, you are by definition weaker than Mihawk.
Shanks doesn't use cutting skills, so he doesn't fit the criteria of ''swordsman''

Oda has already said twice in the manga that holding a sword does not automatically make the character "swordsman"

The same character who summons Tornados, makes Swords bend, summons spirits, and even summons a Demon God with 9 arms & 3 heads... all in the name of swordsmanship.

But "ShAnKs iS ShOoTiNg/ThRoWiNg HaKi"
Like this is One Piece not Vagabond

You can do pretty much anything and as long as you have a sword in your hand you’re considered a swordsman with very few exceptions

Fujitora summons meteors and Oda considers him a swordsman but Shanks uses sword blasts and suddenly isn’t?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Like this is One Piece not Vagabond

You can do pretty much anything and as long as you have a sword in your hand you’re considered a swordsman with very few exceptions

Fujitora summons meteors and Oda considers him a swordsman but Shanks uses sword blasts and suddenly isn’t?
It's insane ngl.
According to them only Mihawk & Zoro are Swordsmen. Maybe some of Zoro's opponents.

Rest all Shoot Haki :risitameh:

Any Yonko > WSS

Swordsmanship is not the pinnacle of Haki..
Yonko is a title of silver medalists meanwhile WSS means you hit the top.
I'll say that when it comes to achievement is like this.

PK/WSM/WSS/WSC

These characters succeeded on becoming the best in their fields.

Emperors
Fake crown holders, couldn't hit the peak but think they deserve a title.