Anime Discussion Jigokuraku - Hell's Paradise

Who are your favourite characters?

• Total voters
Just watched ep 1 on Crunchyroll.
8/10 with lots of chances for growth in the future as the settings grow.

CGI or some kind of wonky background effect was noticable but not terrible. It also felt like they skimped on details in some scenes, like Gabimaru and Sagiri's fight. It could've had a bit more grit.

Love love love Gabimaru's voice! Sagiri's eyes are dreamy too.

I would've liked a less hype and more mysterious opening song but this is ok. I get why they need the hype music these days.

The island looks amazing and I can't wait to see all the plants. The colors are so bold and almost unnatural in a fantasy way, which is interesting... I was also surprised that Ascetic Blaze was so colorful. Did the manga ever have a color version?

Overall, a good start and I'm excited to see the rest animated. This episode hooked my husband, so I'm happy.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Awesome episode 10/10. Everyone looked great but Chobei is already giving Gabi a run for the spotlight. Gantetsusai is my fav though. Can't wait to see their reactions to the island.
Yeah it will be interesting to see how all of that will be animated.

Sagiri debuted last episode:goyea:
Sagiri is good, but she's no Yuzuriha. :endthis:

Watched the first 2 episodes now.
So far I'm liking it!
Gabimaru's and Sagiri's voices are good, animation is good.
I like the osts but the opening song is kinda meh for me. Why do all modern anime openings sound the same?

The explanation of different execution types in Ep1 is still too funny๐Ÿคฃ

Looking forward to more episodes:shocking::amazing::moonwalk:

Last edited:
The animators didn't give much love to Yuzuriha, Choze and Gantetsusai's fighting in ep 2. It's funny how everyone's eyes are on Gabimaru, but that giant guy was sleeping the whole time through the slaughter and probably has no idea what's happening. The real legend among the group. Then there's also that one Asaemon who is the definition of a sword god using a bamboo blade. lol