Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Lmao, no it's not:suresure:
We haven't even started the main conflict. Kizaru and Saturn are coming with a fleet of battleships, the Blackbeard pirates just showed up, York's plan has just started, we haven't seen Kuma's backstory, and the Seraphim are still kicking. What could possibly make you think the arc is almost over aside from pure agenda bias:seriously:

Well acording to some on this forum, the villains of the arc have to be somehow related to the new nakama candidate, and as far as i can tell Kizaru, Saturn or some random BBP/toilet girl have little to do with Bonney, Stussy, Caribou (?) or Lucci (?) not to mention that they haven't gotten any screen time almost.

Lucci is actually the one that can be related to WG villains :milaugh:

Well acording to some on this forum, the villains of the arc have to be somehow related to the new nakama candidate, and as far as i can tell Kizaru, Saturn or some random BBP/toilet girl have little to do with Bonney, Stussy, Caribou (?) or Lucci (?) not to mention that they haven't gotten any screen time almost.

We literally know nothing about Stussy and Bonney's childhood. They could both easily have a history with Kizaru. And I don't think anyone said that anyway.

I mean York is a Vegapunk. Stussy is a clone made by Vegapunk and Bonney has some kind of history with him

Stussy was literally a protector of the celestial dragons for decades. Like the fuck???

I mean York is a Vegapunk. Stussy is a clone made by Vegapunk and Bonney has some kind of history with him
I'd acept Boney if the actual vegapunk was a villain that they needed to beat, Stussy doesn't seem to held back by any VPs.

Stussy was literally a protector of the celestial dragons for decades. Like the fuck???
Yeah related as in personally connected with them, Kizaru and Saturn aren't personally connected to Stussy in a negative way, that they'd be her personal villains. But i guess i could be wrong there, highly doubt it tho.

Again just hot takes i hear on this forum for necessary nakama material, don't shoot the messenger.

:handsup:

I'd acept Boney if the actual vegapunk was a villain that they needed to beat, Stussy doesn't seem to held back by any VPs.

Yeah related as in personally connected with them, Kizaru and Saturn aren't personally connected to Stussy in a negative way, that they'd be her personal villains. But i guess i could be wrong there, highly doubt it tho.

Again just hot takes i hear on this forum for necessary nakama material, don't shoot the messenger.

You're literally just assuming that based on nothing. There's no reason Kizaru can't be Stussy's personal villain.

To be fair Kuma was a slave of the Celestial Dragons

Why do they have to be related? How was don Creek related to Sanji? Moria to Brook? Or Wapol to chopper? I don’t think that is important. It’s mostly how the character interacts with Luffy as he is the one that makes the desicion. Everyone else doesn’t even matter.

You know considering that the Blackbeard Pirates are starting to come into the story again after hanging around in the background for most of post-timeskip, I feel like the tenth commander is getting revealed within the next few chapters, so imo it would make sense if we got the final strawhat this arc as well.

If it turns out to be York then I think the final SH is 100% Bonney, but if not then I think Bonney probably won't join

C

Cruxroux

You know considering that the Blackbeard Pirates are starting to come into the story again after hanging around in the background for most of post-timeskip, I feel like the tenth commander is getting revealed within the next few chapters, so imo it would make sense if we got the final strawhat this arc as well.

If it turns out to be York then I think the final SH is 100% Bonney, but if not then I think Bonney probably won't join
Final strawhat?
Don't we already have enough on how many Oda decided. Also Bonney really won't. She shares no chemistry with the crew. Hold no dreams.

Final strawhat?
Don't we already have enough on how many Oda decided. Also Bonney really won't. She shares no chemistry with the crew. Hold no dreams.
There's definitely one left. The Blackbeard Pirates are very clearly meant to be an evil parallel of the Straw Hats. There's 10 Titanic Captains, so it stands to reason there will be 10 Strawhats under Luffy.

It's possible that Vivi ends up "officially" rejoining the crew, but I can't see her sticking with them considering that Alabasta needs her. Though she's definitely coming back into the story regardless

C

Cruxroux

There's definitely one left. The Blackbeard Pirates are very clearly meant to be an evil parallel of the Straw Hats. There's 10 Titanic Captains, so it stands to reason there will be 10 Strawhats under Luffy.

It's possible that Vivi ends up "officially" rejoining the crew, but I can't see her sticking with them considering that Alabasta needs her. Though she's definitely coming back into the story regardless
There could be a high possibility some marine take care of the 10th... Its not really necessary. Or maybe one of the strawhat take down two of BB pirate.

There could be a high possibility some marine take care of the 10th... Its not really necessary. Or maybe one of the strawhat take down two of BB pirate.
The thing is though the Blackbeard Pirates are meant to be an evil reflection of the Strawhats. The growth of one crew mirrors the growth of the other. I don't think there'd be any reason to even have a tenth captain if there was only going to be nine Strawhats under Luffy
Post automatically merged:

So one thing I've noticed about Egghead is that they seem to be drawing a lot of explicit parallels to what happened at Ohara

Earlier in the arc Lucci said that the World Government wants Bonney dead, although he never said why. Which isn't all that different from Robin's situation before the crew met her. So I'm getting the impression that they're trying to draw an intentional parallel here

I'm gonna wait to see how things play out before trying to draw any definite conclusions, but I definitely think this is worth paying attention to

This might be going too far into theory territory, but I get the feeling that they're building up to a reveal that Bonney is a clone

1. We know that Bonney has a history with Vegapunk and he last saw her when she was very young

2. We know that Kuma has some kind of secret in his memories that he doesn't want Bonney to find out about as it would "hurt her"

3. We've already established that clones do in fact exist in the story right now

4. Bonney seems to be younger than Stussy, so it would line up with the timeline

5. There's also the way this page is structured. Vegapunk has a monologue about cloning, and then it immediately cuts to Bonney on the ground. Maybe a coincidence, but it also might not be

I also think the dialogue he says in that monologue is a bit conspicuous since he seems to be talking about Stussy. He's reaffirming that clones are in fact human beings, but this isn't really something that Stussy is ever shown struggling with. She doesn't show any insecurity over her existence, so I do think that dialogue there is a bit odd although that might just be me reading into it

I think the implication here is that Bonney is a clone. I'm not certain on that, but it does seem to be the case.

Additionally, I think what Vegapunk says here about Devil Fruits users getting punished by nature for being unnatural does tie into what Vegapunk says about cloning quite nicely, so I get the impression that's going to come into play later in the arc

So it's definitely speculation right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up having Bonney discover that she's a clone, and then paralleled the conflict that Robin went through during Water 7/Enies Lobby about how her existence shouldn't be considered a crime

Anyway this doesn't necessarily mean she's joining the crew, but I think this is probably how her storyline is going to play out this arc, though I could be entirely wrong on that

Also it was implied all the way back during post-War that Bonney was important to the World Government somehow, so I do think that her being a clone would play into that

Last edited:
Earlier in the arc Lucci said that the World Government wants Bonney dead, although he never said why
Also it was implied all the way back during post-War that Bonney was important to the World Government somehow, so I do think that her being a clone would play into that
This actually quite interesting. If the WG wanted her dead Akainu would have killed her straight away. This can only mean that she was important and Akainu didn’t kill her because of that. But that has changed and now she is not of use anymore, but actually a hindrance that is a danger.
The question is what was her role? Why was she important? Right now I really want to see Kumas and bonney’s back story

Last edited:
Isn't Bonney and Kumma celestial dragons? Or how does that even work, Kuma was the ruler of Sorbet Kingdom no?

I never understood if kings are Celestial dragons or only some or what's the deal there.

Its the original 20 kingdoms are CDs right?
Original 20 kings from 800 years ago set up the World Gov

19 of those families went to Mariejois and their descendants became Celestial Dragons.

Vivi’s family are the only ones that didn’t go.

Other royal families have been set up in those years- the ones who go to Reverie- but they are not Celestial Dragons. CD only live in Mariejois.

Bonney and Kuma could be Celestial Dragons since it seems Kuma came from Mariejois, but it’s extremely unlikely given the way Kuma was treated as a child, which suggests he was a prisoner instead.