Future Events So which SH will fight Kuzan?

So which BBP are Kinemon and Momo fighting? Everyone knows how pointless that consolation prize at the end of Wano is. The Strawhats are complete.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/irdxzr
And chapter 489 literally calls Brooke the 8th. Why would Brooke be the 8th if there are 9 members on the ship including Luffy? Because Luffy was talking about gathering 10 people.

. But I'm sure you will find some way to pretend that we aren't getting another SH.

Bonney vs Kuzan

Captains Fight: Teach vs Luffy
First Mates Fight: Kuzan vs Bonney
Swordsman Fight: Shiryu vs Zoro
Cooks Fight: Pizarro vs Sanji
Helmsmans Fight: Burgess vs Jinbe
Archaeologists Fight: Devon vs Robin
Shipwrights Fight: Wolf vs Franky
Musicians Fight: Shot vs Brook
Docs Fight: Doc Q vs Chopper
Navigators Fight: Laffite vs Nami
Snipers Fight: Augur vs Usopp

I'm still on the Burgess train with Sanji and I think that Kuzan will betray Teach later on, so he won't be a real enemy.
BUT
assuming he's a real BB Commander, I'd say Yamato. 10 SH Commander vs 10 BB Commander, ice vs ice, Yamato is already strong and can have a power up to beat an Admiral later on.
Sanji vs Kuzan would be lit, fire vs ice, but the fact is that Zoro and Sanji already have their Admiral fights in Fujitora and Ryokugyu (the serious swordman with rules and honor and the Hashirama wannabe that smokes, loves women and doesn't eat food), so it would be too much for him (and too good for us to be true) beating 2 Admirals.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/irdxzr
And chapter 489 literally calls Brooke the 8th. Why would Brooke be the 8th if there are 9 members on the ship including Luffy? Because Luffy was talking about gathering 10 people.

. But I'm sure you will find some way to pretend that we aren't getting another SH.
What makes you think that Oda can’t change any original ideas for the story if he feels that they no longer fit?
In this case it’s not even Oda and just a magazine that has a history of being wrong anyway. Oda himself has never come out to say that he meant 10 excluding Luffy.

We are already in the final saga, so time is limited by Oda’s own words. The ship has sailed for those left behind at Wano, so it’s already far too late to be expecting Kinemon, Momo and Yamato to join (which is also beyond 10 anyway) before Laughtale.
The Strawhats are only moving forward at this point.
Who did you think they were going to be picking up before going to the final island?

What makes you think that Oda can’t change any original ideas for the story if he feels that they no longer fit?
In this case it’s not even Oda and just a magazine that has a history of being wrong anyway. Oda himself has never come out to say that he meant 10 excluding Luffy.

We are already in the final saga, so time is limited by Oda’s own words. The ship has sailed for those left behind at Wano, so it’s already far too late to be expecting Kinemon, Momo and Yamato to join (which is also beyond 10 anyway) before Laughtale.
Who did you think they were going to be picking up before going to the final island?
Lol you are in denial. Luffy said 10. There's even an interview linked there by Oda HIMSELF from 2018. Oda wants 10 crewmates.

We are getting another crewmate. We are getting 10 titanic captains vs 10 strawhat subordinates.

No amount of coping will change that Oda has wanted 10 crewmates for over 2 full decades.

We don't know who the tenth is. But you are arguing with the authors own words if you think we aren't getting another strawhat.
[

Last edited:
Lol you are in denial. Luffy said 10. There's even an interview linked there by Oda HIMSELF from 2018. Oda wants 10 crewmates.

We are getting another crewmate. We are getting 10 titanic captains vs 10 strawhat subordinates.

No amount of coping will change that Oda has wanted 10 crewmates for over 2 full decades.

We don't know who the tenth is. But you are arguing with the authors own words if you think we aren't getting another strawhat.
Post automatically merged:

And here's Oda drawing a concept art for 11 strawhats.

Nico Robin is in the bottom left. It is simply cope to argue that Oda doesn't want Luffy to have 10 extra crewmates.
Um…you do have the ability to count, right? The art you posted has just 9 characters.

How can you talk of coping when you can’t even count?

Um…you do have the ability to count, right? The art you posted has just 9 characters.

How can you talk of coping when you can’t even count?

There's a bottom left. It's actually incredible. You just got proven wrong and you keep on acting like a condescending dick.

Nico Robin is identified by name for certain. It's pretty clear the ones on the bottom left aren't the same as the ones on top

BTW people in that thread translated the obvious manga raw that was linked.

Luffy said "I want 10 people"

It's pretty obvious we are getting 10 strawhats + Luffy.

Last edited:

There's a bottom left. It's actually incredible. You just got proven wrong and you keep on acting like a condescending dick.

Nico Robin is identified by name for certain. It's pretty clear the ones on the bottom left aren't the same as the ones on top

BTW people in that thread translated the obvious manga raw that was linked.

Luffy said "I want 10 people"

It's pretty obvious we are getting 10 strawhats + Luffy.
The bottom left has 9 too. They both have 9…I’m not sure why you couldn’t count that for yourself or thought I’d ignore half the picture.

That’s exactly my point, both have 9. If you have a picture where Oda drew 11 characters, you can feel free to provide it.

As for the rest, like I already said, plans can change . IRC, someone posted that Luffy said “around 10 people,” so it wasn’t even definitive to begin with. I may be remembering that incorrectly, but the point still stands.
Elements of the story that Oda envisioned years ago have been changed numerous times. Treating such ideas like gospel is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

The bottom left has 9 too. They both have 9…I’m not sure why you couldn’t count that for yourself or thought I’d ignore half the picture.

That’s exactly my point, both have 9. If you have a picture where Oda drew 11 characters, you can feel free to provide it.

As for the rest, like I already said, plans can change . IRC, someone posted that Luffy said “around 10 people,” so it wasn’t even definitive to begin with. I may be remembering that incorrectly, but the point still stands.
Elements of the story that Oda envisioned years ago have been changed numerous times. Treating such ideas like gospel is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
Dude. Oda literally said in 2018 he's still keeping the 10 crewmates.

This is the authors own words. Arguing plans will change is silly when you are not the author of the story and clearly have an agenda.

Oda has kept this dynamic going for a long time. Chapter 6 is called "first person" in regards to Zoro. Chapter 68 is called the fourth(Sanji)hapter 94 is called the 2nd(Nami). 439 is called third and seventh(Ussop and Franky). And 489 is called the 8th(Brooke).

Now. It's incredibly obvious Oda has planned for Luffy to get 10 subordinates for 20 years. But according to Blacklegfring. Things will change! They have to. After all. If Luffy recruits a subordinate that will fight Kuzan and win, that will make a the fans of charaters with niche appeal meltdown.

We can't treat the authors own words as gospel, but we can treat Blacklegfrings predictions that Kuzan won't fight the strawhats as fact.

This chapter’s title referred to Kuzan as the tenth Titanic Captain. There’s definitely one more SH to fit the parallel there