Anime Discussion Jigokuraku - Hell's Paradise

Who are your favourite characters?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Just finished watching the first two episodes. Pretty good thus far.

The more I listen to the opening the more I have to replay it. It's so good. The part where young Sagiri unsheathes her sword is the best for me.

Episode 2 was better than episode 1 for me. Both were great tho, not gonna lie, but episode 2 was purely amazing. I like that they are not censoring too much here.

There are of course some parts I am not fond of, like some background animation, but otherwise it's great. Quite a good start.

Episode 3 was ok. Nothing too exciting animation-wise, but the plot and characters are more fully developed. I thought the swordfight went on too long, and don't often say that about a swordfight. It would've helped if there were some more exciting moves. I get that we needed to have that scene for the dialogue, but dear God give them something more to do while they talk.

Gantetsusai's scene at the end made up for the slow part, but I'm still surprised how fast the story is moving overall. Eager to see more plant fights next week.

Last edited:
Ngl I'm pretty underwhelmed by the adaptation so far.
I feel like Mappa just took on Hell's Paradise in order to have it, and not go fully into it like with Chainsawman for example.

I'll give it a chance until Lord Tensen start appearing with the hope that they're waiting for that moment to go all out.

AL sama

Red Haired
I feel like Mappa just took on Hell's Paradise in order to have it, and not go fully into it like with Chainsawman for example.

I'll give it a chance until Lord Tensen start appearing with the hope that they're waiting for that moment to go all out.
its kinda getting a bit too blend and annoying like I pointed out on my video

There is nothing wrong with the adaptation right now, to me it's so far pretty fine at least for now.

Also I wouldn't try to compare it to Chainsaw Man, remember that the director for the Chainsaw Man anime really wanted to do the anime adaptation of it.

Chainsaw Man also had way more popularity and hype compared to Hell's Paradise, that was a series they really wanted to go all out on for the anime.

Which is funny because despite how good the Chainsaw Man anime was, a majority of people in Japan actually did not like the anime.