One Piece Chapter 1082: "Let’s Go and Claim It!“

Rate this chapter

• Total voters

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Let them be. They're exposing themselves, but we must admit this is an L for us.:josad:
What L?
I only see a huge W when Oda narratively puts Mihawk as the "Power" part of the Pirate King requirements.

Oda really systematically takes out all the "bad" and old era marines and the non PK contenders. At EoS there are only going to be good marines left and the Revos that have overtaken the Government.

@ConquistadoR If we hadn't enough 10/10 storylines already, we get one more. Do you think we might get a Sengoku vs Mihawk fight? Or are they going to send in Greenbull or Fujitora?
Imho it should be Fujitora & Smoker, two Marines we haven't seen in a while.

Ex Shichibukai Marine Hunter vs Anti-Shichibukai Admiral (Swordsman vs Swordsman)
Crocodile vs the man who was credited with stopping Crocodile in Alabasta (Logia vs Logia).

Apollo

The Sol King
Mihawk was introduced in chapter 49 "Storm" that released on the 18th of July 1998.

More than 9050 days after his introduction, this man's strongest fight was against Vista -a fight that ended in a draw-.

His only hype is a title that Oda doesn't make him live up to everytime a decent fighter is nearby.

I don't believe a character of this caliber should be held down like this. Oda is fumbling with Hawkeye. Everyone expected us to get back to Cross Guild and see them making moves on Impel Down or hunting down Marines, some even believed Mihawk will fight and have an upper hand against Admiral Fujitora or attacking Greenbull. With Crocodile as the brains and Mihawk the muscle we should have seen Cross Guild do something big, but instead we're getting gags with those two.

Its especially disappointing since all the old players are getting great moments from Shanks to Teach to Garp and Aokiji. This chapter kills the momentum of the previous ones.

Now back to Mihawk slander

Mihawk when he has to face someone stronger than Daz Bones:

WOW, just WOW

Buggy deserved to be a YOUNKO from this chapter. Croco and Mihawk was talking about some small bussiness while real MAN could claim the ONE PICE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also, this is fun how delusional swordfans already started to state that Mihawk means battle against three Younko in same time, while in chapter he just said that three younko will be their opponents. MIHAWK CALLED STRAW HAT as WORTHY OPPONENT, and they LACK POWER. IT'S OVER FRAUD FANS

Also I liked a lot explanation why Ti-bon died...he probably agreed to die for the sake of country

And SABO delivered BIG NEWS. We getting Rivery 2.0?

Not gonna lie, this year of ONE PIECE is amazing

Last edited:
sengoku is such a wanker. "stabbed in the back by those we protect!" - did you protect the pregnant women who were killed by the WG because there was no way to tell they weren't carrying roger's kids? did the navy protect the alabasta and dressrosa citizens from their warlord partners? talk about living in the ivory tower and being delusional. smh

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Nor is it good.

I think it's a pretty fucking neutral chapter for Mihawk.
It's just that stoic characters like him and Croco getting dragged into one of Buggy's gags is the MOST One Piece characteristic comedy.
And it sets him up perfectly to have a reason to be in the final arcs and fight Zoro.

But people really go overboard with these. For better or for worse.
:suresure:
Best way to put it honestly
Idk what it is but agenda piece really went wild this chapter
:pepecafe:

I must admit, Buggy grew on me after this chapter. He was pretty good.
It was a great moment for sure
Dude put a lot of faith in his dreams to make his bid for the One Piece like that
Could be quite amazing when it gets animated
:shocking:

If Mihawk gained his reputation from hunting down marines, why did he stop?

His character is said to seek thrilling challenges, then nothing is stopping you from forming a crew and keep taking on higher and higher officers in the marine organisation until you fall short somewhere.

That would have been the consistent path followed by someone purported to have conquerors haki whose only character trait (supposedly) is anxiously wishing to be tested against stronger and stronger opponents. As such he should have continued with his marine killing venture until he met his match

Instead he quit and became a warlord…

Mihawk having no known followers for starters, and accepting the warlord position to bout, that should invalidate the whole notion that he has conquerors and is constantly wishing to be tested against stronger opponents or swordsman

Both notions now prove false.

Or else, anyone should be able to give a valid reason he is warlord? What does it offer him in terms of character growth?

Bottom line is Mihawk can’t gather any strong followers (hence not a conqueror) and he is too scared to be truly tested so he is in reality just a quitter

Mihawk, too scared to fight the upper tier of vice admrirals so he opts to become a warlord
:fujilaugh:

Oda really systematically takes out all the "bad" and old era marines and the non PK contenders. At EoS there are only going to be good marines left and the Revos that have overtaken the Government.

@ConquistadoR If we hadn't enough 10/10 storylines already, we get one more. Do you think we might get a Sengoku vs Mihawk fight? Or are they going to send in Greenbull or Fujitora?
T bone was no exaggerating the most morally good marine they had lol.

What L?
I only see a huge W when Oda narratively puts Mihawk as the "Power" part of the Pirate King requirements.

Imho it should be Fujitora & Smoker, two Marines we haven't seen in a while.

Ex Shichibukai Marine Hunter vs Anti-Shichibukai Admiral (Swordsman vs Swordsman)
Crocodile vs the man who was credited with stopping Crocodile in Alabasta (Logia vs Logia).
I like the themes and the Smoker idea is great. Especially if both are now awakened, would be 10/10 panels. But the thing is I don't want neither Fuji and Smoker to lose or at worst get killed. Dayum