Character Discussion Satoru Gojo vs Ryomen Sukuna (Character-wise)

R1: Who is a better character? / R2: Who do you like more?

• Total voters
I'm probably one of the biggest Sukuna fans in existence, and I do like him more. But Gojo is unbelievably clear in terms of well written. I think he's straightup the best written new gen character. Though I think Sukuna's writing will get a lot more love during his fight with Gojo, and he has a good chance to finish in the top 5 best written JJK characters when it's all said and done.
Post automatically merged:

Gojo for both.

So far, Sukuna is like another super strong, "evil" villain with a depth of few millimeters. Kinda like Kaido in that aspect.
If you think Sukuna only has a depth of a "few millimeters" you are in for a rude awakening lol

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Nah, I ain't stocked. Lol. I just cobbled that pun together in 5 minutes is all. :handsup:
Show us more lol.

All we can do is hope we get a Heian era flashback from the POV of someone that was around Sukuna (Uraume, Kenjaku, Sukuna himself, etc) thatโ€™ll give us at least a peek into his past and who he really is

Right now we just donโ€™t have enough to work with

You just canโ€™t compare him to someone like Gojo whoโ€™s had more than enough time to be developed (very well I might add)
Yeah I definitely think there can be more to Sukuna. But one can also argue that if you need a flashback for a character to be considered good or something, then he is clearly lacking now. I think the flashback would have to be extraordinary to actually make this a debate ngl. And we'd have to see more of current Sukuna with it.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
If you think Sukuna only has a depth of a "few millimeters" you are in for a rude awakening lol
@ConquistadoR

The post was merged. :pepecorn:

Lets not go that far

Gojo is okay but he is not exceptional either

Gojo is not even the best character of JJK, let alone the best in the 5/6 last years in manga/anime
Gojo clears all your faves ngl. :pepecorn:

Especially that trash from MHA. :endthis:

we dont have much to have an opinion on Sukuna character wise. He's just mad strong and that's just it. No story behind him or any motivations or big dream so far (imo). Gojo feels more natural in terms of character. He is suffering from success. He's the ceiling of powerscaling and acts accordingly.

Obviously I don't like mass murdering psycho over a character to whom everyone relies to solve their problem.

we dont have much to have an opinion on Sukuna character wise. He's just mad strong and that's just it. No story behind him or any motivations or big dream so far (imo). Gojo feels more natural in terms of character. He is suffering from success. He's the ceiling of powerscaling and acts accordingly.

Obviously I don't like mass murdering psycho over a character to whom everyone relies to solve their problem.
That's just over simplifying Sukuna lol. You can say the same thing for Gojo. He's just strong.

And your Gojo argument can apply to Sukuna as well. Sukuna was the top dog in the strongest Era. He was also suffering from success. He's the ceiling of power on the evil side.

And there's probably more to him than that. We'll see soon. Why did he agree to a deal with Kenjaku? Why did he turn himself into a cursed object? What are his goals etc...

You wonโ€™t need to convince me about Mahito greatness

The guy the best villain in JJK for now. Mahito is pure chaos and I love that
First time we are on the same page ๐Ÿค

Mahito is forever goated for me.
He was a menace!
Post automatically merged:

You wish darling

Even just in JJK Nanami clears that bum
Nanami is my fav JJK character, but for completely different reasons.
Gojo >>>> XYZ.

Last edited:

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Gojo is far more interesting.

I have no idea how anyone who read the entire series can objectively say that Sukuna is better.

I can give you that we haven't seen much of Sukuna prior to what is for us "the main story" but aside from his villain personality and being a badass at that he doesn't have much.

Gojo's struggles throughout life are emotional/mental based but that doesn't mean they are not important.

Go thru everything involving Gojo in the manga, he is more interesting and despite what many say he is not mary sue character in my opinion.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Gojo is far more interesting.

I have no idea how anyone who read the entire series can objectively say that Sukuna is better.

I can give you that we haven't seen much of Sukuna prior to what is for us "the main story" but aside from his villain personality and being a badass at that he doesn't have much.

Gojo's struggles throughout life are emotional/mental based but that doesn't mean they are not important.

Go thru everything involving Gojo in the manga, he is more interesting and despite what many say he is not mary sue character in my opinion.
Yeah I agree. :endthis: