Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
He gives the reverse of what is expected
The "EXPECTED" was zoro vs king and sanji vs queen.

Than people DARED to expect something else. With RoofPiece still going and Zoro there, then Sanji vs King below the roof.

Oda LITERALLY made characters go out of their way, disappear and run in circles for multiple chapters, get some magical medicine JUST to get the EXPECTED matchups going.

The "EXPECTED" was zoro vs king and sanji vs queen.

Than people DARED to expect something else. With RoofPiece still going and Zoro there, then Sanji vs King below the roof.

Oda LITERALLY made characters go out of their way, disappear and run in circles for multiple chapters, get some magical medicine JUST to get the EXPECTED matchups going.
Lmfao the expected wasn’t Zoro vs king til much later
Sooo many people rode the Sanji v king wave idk if it was to spite Zoro or what

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Now that's some fucking cap right there.

The MOMENT king and queen were introduced, most people compared them to the kaku/jabra bickering.

It only changed after the characters got shuffled and "RoofPiece" started.

In the beginning people expected Queen to be okama and Sanji's opponent, King and Queen's dynamics were portrayed akin to those of Zoro and Sanji with King being the slightly stronger one.

Only later people began to expect Sanji vs King because of King's flying ability and 'pervertedness' and the ZKK theory also came into existence around that time.

So you guessed it it was a win win situation for zkkers and sanji fans who wanted him to fight king

Alot of nuanced variations came about in those days..

I remember shit like Sanji and Drake vs Queen
I remember there were even people who wanted Sanji to fight both Queen and King and to have Zoro fight Kaido alongside Luffy.
That's where ZKK came from, they expected Luffy to deal the most damage to Kaido and Zoro to behead him in the end. And nobody expected rooftop to happen.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I still think we should had all mugiwaras vs kaido at some point

instead we got suckabards
It would be even dumber than Scabbards. Neither should've ever happened.

Seeing Usopp or Nami live for more than few seconds against Kaido would be bs.

Luckily we only had to deal with Scrubbards

I remember there were even people who wanted Sanji to fight both Queen and King and to have Zoro fight Kaido alongside Luffy.
That's where ZKK came from, they expected Luffy to deal the most damage to Kaido and Zoro to behead him in the end. And nobody expected rooftop to happen.
Nah that was post RT.. People expected zoro to wipe the ground with king and head to the roof..