G

Gorosei Informer

Real Zoro fans play Tears of the Kingdom
Funnily enough too, at least one incarnation of Link, the "Hero of Time" one is known as the "fallen hero" and "lost in time" hero in some Zelda timelines/branches of the timeline or w/e.

What is Zoro known for? Getting lost. What was an important theme in Wano? Time and time travel.

I along with some other people wanted to believe Zoro was from the distant past somehow, as a sort of Samurai Jack-esque storyline, where he was sent MUCH further into the future by Tokis fruit or by Toki herself even and thus Zoro constantly getting lost is a meta irony that he's actually "lost in time" too and parallels Link in that way too.

The "Hero of Time" was either slain or disappeared in some timelines, including going to an alternate dimension revolving around a time loops and more intense time manipulation too (Majoras Mask) so I would have loved it if Oda took inspirations from that with Zoro too.

Theres also a genius move on Odas part, as not only is Zoro confirmed to be related to the Wano people and thus canonically a Samurai as he always was (despite the idiots arguing for hours that he is not one), like the character he was named after, Zorro, that name is Spanish for Fox and what did Zoro encounter in Wano? A mythical fox! Granted it was more of a Japanese type fox, maybe a Kitsune and Catarina Devon who has a Spanish name funnily enough (and a nickname of Crescent Moon Hunter which parallels how the Kozuki had that Crescent Moon secret mark thing going on too) also has specially a Kitsune Zoan and not just any Kitsune too, the FREAKING 9 tails too! Kyuubi itself!
Now how many arms does Zoro have when he uses Asura again?! Oh yes, Nine!

Where am I going with all of this!? I don't know! (This theory also was "stronger" before Oda revealed more about Zoro and his family in the SBS recently too lol)

Me after the 4 years of hell and complete letdown/disappointment with Wano, more like WhyTho: