Current Events Imu is either Lili or someone related to her.

Yeah that makes the most sense to me too, I made a post about it in chapter discussion:

So what are we thinking here with the 19 swords?
Is it just a vow/promise not to sit on the throne or was there like DF powers involved/something more concrete that makes the vow impossible/very difficult to break?

If it's the latter I can see Imu being Lili or a direct descendant. "Returned to Alabasta" so didn't have to take the vow but stayed there and become the Queen/King of the world for some reason. Which explains why she never made it to Alabasta.

Or was it just Imu taking her out because she didn't take the vow and now is getting rid of her/her brothers? descendants that they are looking into it too much.

The latter doesn't make as much sense since 19 swords would suggest Imu(or his/her ancestor) took the vow so it's just meaningless and would be no reason to take Lili out because of that.

Nah...she probably got killed...or killed after doing something...like how she sent a letter too.
Anyway, it seems to be a new plot but will just be an Alabasta story nothing for all I know. I mean if the kingdoms themselves were that important...we would have known about all 20 kingdoms during the journey. None of the CD too look like proper leaders

Makes no sense otherwise that the sword of the Nefertaris is missing.

The 19 other swords were placed there as an oath that none of them would ever sit on the throne, conveniently the Nefertaris did not place their sword there so they are not bound by the oath.

Lili is either Imu or her child/sibling that received the youth surgery from Lili..
Lili cant be Imu, for one why would Imu/Lili be sending out messages to people and reminding them of what happened 800 centuries ago? Or why would they inform people about the D clan?

As well, the Gorosei called the Nefertari traitors while they were amongst themselves. I dont see them doing that if their boss is a Nefertari themselves.

Lili cant be Imu, for one why would Imu/Lili be sending out messages to people and reminding them of what happened 800 centuries ago? Or why would they inform people about the D clan?
We don't know what's in the message.

As well, the Gorosei called the Nefertari traitors while they were amongst themselves. I dont see them doing that if their boss is a Nefertari themselves.
The Gorosei do not have to know Imu's origins.
They aren't 800 years old, they did not even know why the World Government changed the name of Luffy's fruit and if it was as easy as "Let's go ask Imu" I'm sure they would have done so already.
I don't think they lied when they told Cobra they simply did not know Lily did not return to Alabasta.

We don't know what's in the message.
I mean he said the message passed down was about the D clan so it was something informing them of that clan. Now why would Im want to tell people about them? A clan that by all intents opposes him/her.
The Gorosei do not have to know Imu's origins.
They aren't 800 years old, they did not even know why the World Government changed the name of Luffy's fruit and if it was as easy as "Let's go ask Imu" I'm sure they would have done so already.
I don't think they lied when they told Cobra they simply did not know Lily did not return to Alabasta.
They 100% did.

She sent it while it was still living memory lmao, maybe she trusted her family wouldn't reveal it to anyone else. Or she was just naive at the time.
This would make her a traitor to the Nefertaris, maybe that cancels it out so the Gorosei don't think of her as one anymore?

I mean he said the message passed down was about the D clan so it was something informing them of that clan. Now why would Im want to tell people about them? A clan that by all intents opposes him.
The Nefertaris would still be Imu's family.
You have to remember that even if Lili =/= Imu she'd still 100% have fought on the same side as the 19 other kings against the Ancient Kingdom of D.
So whatever that letter contains it's probably not something that is meant to help the D. clan or paint them in a positive fashion.

Doubt it. The fandom overrates how much they know and how old they are. The Hito Hito no mi Model Nika proved that.

Explain why Oda said that the swords are an oath to never sit on the throne and the only one missing is hers then.
Well, to play devil’s advocate.

The public perception of the oath might be to never sit the throne. What might be kept a secret is that the oath also includes undying fealty to whoever does sit it- currently Imu.
Lili refused to make this oath
So Imu and the others had her killed and that’s why the Nefertiti sword is missing.

I think it is too early to say for definite Imu is Lili or not.

Don’t think it makes sense for imu to be Lily, connected to Lily absolutely, but Lily herself really doesn’t make sense.

Regardless, if Imu is the sword of Alabasta they’re probably a capable fighter who proved to be stronger than anyone else in the world government and that’s why they sit on the throne.