Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1085 Spoilers Discussion

Who's the final villain?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really believe that would make Luffy a better character? Or even Zoro? Part of what makes Zoro great is he's the uncrowned king of sorts.

Having Zoro take over is a downgrade imo. If you mean sometimes Luffy took a backseat and Oda allowed Zoro to take on and defeat the biggest enemy, then I 100% agree.
I think Oda did a lot with Zoro in Wano but he didn't complete his character arc which would have taken Zoro to a new level, like pre time skip levels of greatness.

Set up was all there, Zoro had to learn about his family, he had to overcome death on panel, he had to behead Kaido on flower capital, he had to be recognized as second Ryuma and he had to make his own black blade and be the one to make Wano his territory under Luffy.

But that didn't happen simply because if that happened, only for one arc Luffy would be completely outshined. So Zoro's character was compromised in the name of Luffy.

So yes having Luffy take a back seat for an arc or two, would probably make him tolerable again.
Captain part tho I was only joking around lmao tho some Zoro fans seriously believe @Seth that Nothing Happened was a bad moment for Zoro cuz Zoro was "dick riding" Luffy when virtually people remember Zoro for that moment. He didn't need to do it, he did it out of his Nobility and Highest of Moral compasses.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
So yes having Luffy take a back seat for an arc or two, would probably make him tolerable again.
Captain part tho I was only joking around lmao tho some Zoro fans seriously believe @Seth that Nothing Happened was a bad moment for Zoro cuz Zoro was "dick riding" Luffy when virtually people remember Zoro for that moment. He didn't need to do it, he did it out of his Nobility and Highest of Moral compasses.
Explain the tag because the sentences are chaotic.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I think Oda did a lot with Zoro in Wano but he didn't complete his character arc which would have taken Zoro to a new level, like pre time skip levels of greatness.

Set up was all there, Zoro had to learn about his family, he had to overcome death on panel, he had to behead Kaido on flower capital, he had to be recognized as second Ryuma and he had to make his own black blade and be the one to make Wano his territory under Luffy.

But that didn't happen simply because if that happened, only for one arc Luffy would be completely outshined. So Zoro's character was compromised in the name of Luffy.

Oda's obsession's with Luffy being the most popular, holds One Piece back.

Where it would make sense for Zoro to step in, Oda can't allow it. Same thing happened with Law too, he nearly beat Luffy in votes during Dressrosa after Punk Hazard, he was always going to be put in his place. Oda will contort the plot all sorts of way to make sure Luffy is worshipped, no one can look like they're on his level even if they are.

Calling Luffy the 2nd coming of Ryuma was shameless.

Status
Not open for further replies.